Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Which historical figure would you most like to meet

So, if a time machine could zap up someone from the past and you could meet somewhere (and had a universal translator) who would you want to spend an hour talking to?

I'm going to have to think about it myself...

That is indeed a good question. For me probably either an author, or playwright/actor, or maybe a leader or political figure. A very tough question indeed. I will also have to think about this.

So easy JESUS

I'll second that.

Naah....I already know I'll meet JC when I die so I'm going with someone else. Gonna have to give it some thought.

Hmmm... I can't decide on any specific person of historical significance.

I'm thinking that I'd rather just go to the European sacred groves of 2,000 years ago and observe their religious rituals.

Edited by Derek

I would like to meet either John Maynard Keynes or Franklin Delano Rosevelt so I can beat some (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ing sense into them.

I would have thought that you would pick John Holmes or Ron Jeremy...... :)

I agree with Kor on the topic of meeting Christ - but as for ordinary folk - I've given this some thought -

Still, here are some people I'd like to meet within their time:

Elizabeth Blackwell

Mark Twain

John Keats

Joan of Arc

Joseph Smith Jr.

Captain Moroni

I asked my mom this and she came up with some interesting people but for the life of me I can't remember who now. I'll email her tonight. As for somebody other than Jesus, I'll give some more thought to it.

I can't decide on just one.

George Washington

Marquis de Lafayette

Tsar Peter the Great

Muhammad Ali

Marcus Aurelius

Jim Morrison

Winston Churchill

Johnny Cash

Ronald Spiers

Beethoven

That was just a random list off the top of my head, I could go on and on.

I can't settle on just one person so:

Shakespeare

Abraham Lincoln

Mark Twain

Ansel Adams

Lewis and Clark

Leonardo DaVinci

Ben Franklin

Eleanor Roosevelt

Amelia Earhardt

Alfred Hitchcock

and I could add more too

Edited by trekz

I know this is going to sound a little strange, but I have actually met with and gotten to know some of my personal heroes, people who inspired me to the life I now have, people who made history.

One of them was honored recently, and I communicated I to her how rare it was for a person to ever get to be friends with their heroes.

This particular group of heroes are the first African American women and men to earn Ph.D.'s in the mathematical sciences. Some of them are dead, but most are alive but aged, and I have seen them in the flesh, when at one time I had only heard of them, and read about them.

For instance, I have actually seen Dr. J. Ernest Wilkins, an African-American who earned his Ph. D. in mathematics from the University of Chicago at age 19 ( in the 1940's I believe). He is ailing now, but still alive.

It's nice to see such people, who often endured segregation as they achieved, and are creative and giving, not bitter or resentful---great role models.

Of course there is a world of other people, great writers and poets, for instance, that I would like to meet. But I really admire the group I just mentioned.

Lt. General Thomas Jonathan Jackson, CSA.

Ah a Traitor from the War of Southern Treason (that's what it was). I see your traitor and raise you General Curtis Emerson "Bombs Away" LeMay (USAF Ret).

Alexander the Great...half because my name is Alexander, and half because he was the richest man to EVER walk the planet (seriously, WITHOUT even adjustiong for thousands of years of inflation, he had over $60 billion in gold and other valuables.)

Also, I just think he was cool. so there. :-P

Lt. General Thomas Jonathan Jackson, CSA.

Ahhh yes... "Stonewall" Jackson shot by his own Confederate troops.

Meeting any one of the many fine men in Gray that fought and died to keep my people in chains would certainly be an honor.

Way to many to list,

The short list:

The prophet Muhammad

Jesus

Plato

Elmer E. Ellsworth

Napolean III

Ike Eisenhower

St. Patrick

Heron of Alexandria