Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldfan1

JumpCon Cancelled

Yet another first attempt at a "mega-con" is cancelled. This gives even more reason to support fan conventions. Here was another attempt to put on a huge con for the first time like Fed Con Dallas that bites the dust because they didn't have the money lined up and now fans are faced with another con that probably will not be able to refund their money.

Read the full story at the link below.

Link here

Link now fixed

I didn't even know that there was going to be a Star Trek convention in Boston.. Just as well..I hope everybody gets their tickets refunded..I think I'll stick with Creation..

The link is now fixed.

SpaceTigger I would rather see money go to fan run cons versus Creation, Creation is part of the reason for the cost of cons going higher. Since they struck the profit sharing deal with Paramount and became "official" it has made it harder for fan run cons to get guests and helped raise the price of getting guests.

It shouldn't be a surprise here that I like the Creation conventions..True, I wish they weren't as costly and there will be years like this one that I can't afford to go for the entire 5 days..I'm going for 3 days this year..I know they're expensive but they always bring in lots of stars and there is always something to do or see..And Creation hasn't cancelled a convention yet..

3 weeks till the Vegas con.. :sniffle:

It shouldn't be a surprise here that I like the Creation conventions..True, I wish they weren't as costly and there will be years like this one that I can't afford to go for the entire 5 days..I'm going for 3 days this year..I know they're expensive but they always bring in lots of stars and there is always something to do or see..And Creation hasn't cancelled a convention yet..

Have you gone to any cons except for the national con in Vegas, Tigger?

No, haven't found a reason to..Once a year to Vegas is enough for me..I may have gone to the Boston con had I known about it because it's so close to me..Looks like it's just as well I didn't order a ticket..

So you'll be in Vegas in 3 weeks? Sounds like a lot of fun. Be sure to post any pics you want to share.

Yes, I'll be sure to post pics of my adventure when I come back..I AM going to meet David Reddick in person this year at the Roddenberry booth.. :yahoo:

No, haven't found a reason to..Once a year to Vegas is enough for me..I may have gone to the Boston con had I known about it because it's so close to me..Looks like it's just as well I didn't order a ticket..

Thats what I thought and you're right. If you get to go to the national con, then you would only be dissapointed in a "regular" con. A regular Creation con consists of a dealer's room and a few guests and thats usually it. There are no panels or any of the other neat extras that make other cons so interesting. I think thats the point that #1 Old Fan was trying to make. You've been spoiled by being able to go to a week long con with over 70 guests. I'm not saying thats a bad thing. You just don't have the perspective that most regular con-goers have.

So you'll be in Vegas in 3 weeks? Sounds like a lot of fun. Be sure to post any pics you want to share.

Yes, I'll be sure to post pics of my adventure when I come back..I AM going to meet David Reddick in person this year at the Roddenberry booth.. :yahoo:

Be sure to tell him that the Gang at STF says hi.