• Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg)
    • Sisko (Avery Brooks)
    • Dukat (Marc Alaimo)
    • Jaro (Frank Langella)
    • Janeway (Kate Mulgrew)
    • Tuvok (Tim Russ)
    • Cullah (Anthony De Longis)
    • Silik (John Fleck)

I wasn't sure where to put this topic, there doesn't seem a suitable forum. But from TOS to Enterprise Star Trek has always had characters who are as memorable for their voices as for anything else. At least I always thougt so.

So I'm trying to make a little poll. Who's voice do you think is the most memorable or the most tingly resonating? Feel free to add candidates if you wish, I'm sure I have not remembered them all.

Don't know if Jeremy Irons was ever in Star Trek but if I was I imagine he would make the list.

Edited by Hooray for boobies

It was soooo hard for me to decide between Worf and Spock! I went with Worf in the end because I like his voice a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle better than Spock's. :bag:

My long-time and logical choice is Spock :( , followed by Worf :bag: with, as YBHYR noted, his gravelly voice. I would also sugggest Quark, and the Grand Nagus as particularly memorable voices from DS9

Just to mention I placed my own vote on Dukat or Marc Alaimo whose magnificent voice has always seemed to me one of the greatest qualities of his character. Don't know if it is the voice alone or the voice acting that does it, but wheen he needs to be chilling he really can be.

Of those listed, it was a really hard choice between Worf & Spock...but I went w/Worf.

Of those not listed, probably Martok or Q. :bag:

A lot of memorable voices there but I had to vote for Silik (John Fleck). I just love his voice!

Patrick Stewart?

Great choice. Captain Picard would get my vote as well, however he is not a horse in this race. I'm not sure why, but he isn't. :)

AHOY MSSR MOOBIES!!!

Yer favourite Cptn'd like t' proffer a lovely liltin' vox fer yer "most memorable" poll...aye

A vox 'eard by all Trekkies e'erywhar...

A vox b'loved by all Trekkies e'erywhar...

The vox piped 't the b'ginnin' n endin' o' most e'ery TOS episode...

The vox o' Loulie Jean Norman...coloratura soprano...

Wit' no on screen credit n no residual recompense...arrrr

Mdm Norman tis by far the most memorable Trek vox as far as yer favourite Cptn tis concerned...aye

Yer favourite Cptn'll now present a treble o' exemplars...

Firstly...

Secondly...

N finally a memorium site fer Mdm Norman-Price

1913 t' 2005

"Vocalize"

AHOY MSSR MOOBIES!!!

Yer favourite Cptn'd like t' proffer a lovely liltin' vox fer yer "most memorable" poll...aye

A vox 'eard by all Trekkies e'erywhar...

A vox b'loved by all Trekkies e'erywhar...

The vox piped 't the b'ginnin' n endin' o' most e'ery TOS episode...

The vox o' Loulie Jean Norman...coloratura soprano...

Wit' no on screen credit n no residual recompense...arrrr

Mdm Norman tis by far the most memorable Trek vox as far as yer favourite Cptn tis concerned...aye

Yer favourite Cptn'll now present a treble o' exemplars...

Entertaining and informative as always 'Thank ye Cptn'. Arrr...

I had no idea who idea who did the vocals on the original Trek theme.

You are the 'Paul Harvey' of STF.NET because now I know "The rest of the story". :)

I voted for Kurn (Tony Todd) followed closely by Jaro (Frank Langella).

I could vote for Tony Todd too, he's an excellent actor and has a very distinctive voice. In fact the first time I saw The Visitor I didn't realize that it was Kurn until I heard him speak. Which by the way is a great episode!

Just to comment and acknowledge. Star Trek has so many voices to choose from. I decided to pick one from TOS and ENT and three each from TNG, DS9 and VOY.

Many good suggestions have been given. Sulu should probably have been on the list, as well as picard. Kes was interesting, I had almost forgotten about her. She did have a kind of deliciously dusky voice didn't she?

But as the poll is already underway I'm gonna leave the options as they are so that all entries begin on the same terms

One question to Cptn_Krunch though. Did Loulie Jean Norman do the high notes for the Tokens? I read somewhere that it was Anita Darian.

Definitely Spock! Garak had a pretty interesting voice too, he had this neat inflection that made it sound like everything he said was sarcastic.

One question to Cptn_Krunch though. Did Loulie Jean Norman do the high notes for the Tokens? I read somewhere that it was Anita Darian.

Ahoy Mssr Moobies...

Aye...thar tis some contention concernin' who's vox it twas gracin' the Tokens original recordin' o' "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

A Googly search'll proffer second hand claims t' either Mdm Norm-Price er Mdm Darian providin' the pipin'...

So's in light o' the contradictory claims all ye/we kan rely upon r ur own aural faculties...arrrr

Though yer favourite Cptn tis naught a coloratura soprano vox expert n twas nowise privvy er present 't the recordin' studio 't the time I 'ave t' use me own judgement whence listenin' t' Mdm Norman-Price's vox in comparison t' Mdm Darian's...

Thar tis no contention that Mdm Norman-Price twas the vox upon the TOS theme...

Yer favourite Cptn'll proffer a exemplar o' Mdm Darian's known pipin' capable o' postin' upon this MB...

So wit' the apparent twain claim disputation o' "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" it tis in the ear o' the listener as t' whom piped wit' the Tokens...aye

Yer favourite Cptn comes down upon the side o' Mdm Norman-Price providin' the vox fer the Token's chaunty...

'ere tis Mdm Darian's "Misirlou"...ye be the judge matey...aye

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">