Sign in to follow this  
DaboGirl

Star Trek The Experience Closing In September :-(

Is '09 still at the Hilton? I wasn't sure from the announcement.

Still can't decide if she should go to con this year. 2ahb880.gif

From a message that Creation sent out....

For those that have asked, the closure of The Experience does not affect the future of the convention. We already have 2009 booked and ready to go to celebrate 40 plus years of STAR TREK and, of course, the new huge feature STAR TREK film which will be opening shortly before the convention. In 2009, STAR TREK takes its rightful place back on the top of worldwide pop culture and the convention should reflect all of the added excitement of a blockbuster hit feature film. Of all the entertainment franchises that exists we truly believe that STAR TREK, with its positive message of acceptance of diversity and hope for a positive future, is the most important and meaningful.

I can understand if Creation is already locked into the Hilton for the con for 2009. But beyond that, I can't understand why they would remain there without The Experience...

Is '09 still at the Hilton? I wasn't sure from the announcement.

Still can't decide if she should go to con this year. 2ahb880.gif

From a message that Creation sent out....

For those that have asked, the closure of The Experience does not affect the future of the convention. We already have 2009 booked and ready to go to celebrate 40 plus years of STAR TREK and, of course, the new huge feature STAR TREK film which will be opening shortly before the convention. In 2009, STAR TREK takes its rightful place back on the top of worldwide pop culture and the convention should reflect all of the added excitement of a blockbuster hit feature film. Of all the entertainment franchises that exists we truly believe that STAR TREK, with its positive message of acceptance of diversity and hope for a positive future, is the most important and meaningful.

I can understand if Creation is already locked into the Hilton for the con for 2009. But beyond that, I can't understand why they would remain there without The Experience...

Yeah, it is an old Hotel. Elvis basically opened the hotel (as their main act) in 1969 or 1970.

Me neither.

It is definitely a sad thing to see it go. I went there last year and absolutely loved it, especially the Ferengi guy.

The menu was fantastic too! Romulan ale anyone?

Sure Odie. I'll send you a date if/when we make plans. You in WFO?

I can't. I am having car problems, and other issue that just poped up right now. I wish I could go, but there something in Balboa that is related to Star Trek.

I'm planning a trip to Canada/US next year and the tour I'm interested in, starts in Vancouver and ends in Las Vegas. I thought to myself, I have to see the Star Trek Experience! I was even considering being there for the convention but then I read that the Experience is closing down. Originally, I was going to go this year but all the tours I was interested in were fully booked. Oh well, there isn't much I can do about it now.

Madam Captain out!

There is absolutely no way that the Hilton will change their mind so contacting them would be useless. Its just dollars and cents to them. The best we can hope for is for the Experience to be relocated to another venue.

anyone who thinks this is a shame, and wants to save the Experience needs to contact Chad Boutte (operations manager, manager of marketing) at chad.boutte@paramountparks.com or at (702)697-8717, and Russell Giles (media representative, operations lead) at russell.giles@paramountparks.com, or at (702)6978717. Also, contact the Las Vegas Hilton at Las Vegas Hilton, atten. manager, 3000 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109. As for me, the Experience was the only reason to visit their hotel. Without it, there is no pull for me to return. Nothing else sets that hotel apart from the other large hotels on the Strip. If you feel the same way, tell them!! TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE!!! We must contact Chad, Russell, and the Hilton NOW to save this. Fans saved the original series from going off the air decades ago. we can save this one too, but we must act now. Chuck

Also please contact Resorts International, owners of the Las Vegas Hilton at:

PR CONTACT:

Brian Cahill

Director, Public Relations

609-340-6432

brian.cahill@resortsint.com

Tell them that without the Experience, there is no reason for you to come to, or stay at the Las Vegas Hilton.

Additionally contact Cedar Fair (owners of Star Trek the Experience) at:

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

Marketing Department

One Cedar Point Drive

Sandusky, Ohio 44870

marketing@cedarfair.com

Edited by erwinddd