Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Season 3 ENT Theme song

Ok, what the hell was that?! I was expecting a new theme song and all we got was the old one just updated, and it sounded horrible. :borg2:

Uhm I am usually not complaining about things but I must say, the new song sounds... uhm... not good at all :borg2: :lol:

What have they done to this beautiful song??? ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Ah yes...I thought I was listening to the chieftans for a second...then I realized that it was still the same song...just revamped. IN THE WRONG WAY.

As I was listening to the song...i wished that they had not changed it.

I didn't like the original song at first...but then it grew on me quickly. I don't forsee this new version doing that.

Maybe I'm thinking about this too hard. :borg2:

I moved the theme from another thread onto this one so everyone can listen to it, since I moved from another thread it shows up as the first post on this thread, so scroll up to hear the song if you wish to hear it.

Enterprise goes country contemporary...

Next season,the theme goes hardcore gangsta with ODB and Dr.Dre...

:borg2:

I don't really mind the new upbeat version,but I did like the orignal better for the show. Its not B&B's fault,like someone else posted they were doing what other fans were asking for. You can't please everyone I guess.

Well then,I suppose those of us who don't already own a copy of the Enterprise CD had better grab one...the original theme will be more valuable now.

:borg2:

YUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! I HATED IT! ITS SO HAPPY, WHEN IT SHOULD BE DARKER SINCE THIS SEASON IS DARKER! ITS LIKE PUTTING "YELLOW SUBMARINE" AS THE THEME FOR THE X-FILES! (well not THAT extreme, but the new theme still blows!)

I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really mind the new upbeat version,but I did like the orignal better for the show. Its not B&B's fault,like someone else posted they were doing what other fans were asking for. You can't please everyone I guess.

That's very true, they can't please everyone. But they should at least try to please the members of STARTREKFANS.NET .... :borg2:

Stardate:213693.9

That sounds like sh!t!!!!!!!!!Bring me one fo those stupid so called fans so i may beat them into the ground and beam their remains into space!

While I would never describe myself as "laid back," I just do not have strong feeelings about the theme song either way. In general that is not the type of music I listen to, although I do like a lot of the old Simon & Garfunkel music. The old theme reminded me a little of that.

The old theme was fine. The new one is fine.

to quote my sisters "Its a bit Hillbilly" hehehehe ;):borg2:

what the hell have they done to the song and the title? in the credits did it say "Star Trek: Enterprise" or just "Enterprise"?

What the hell was that,it was rubbish :clap: I much preferred the old version than the new one.

This new one has more of a tempo than the old one,I def don't like it at all. :) Give us back the old one much better more relaxing. :)

Hearing it here first with out the pictures to go with it I was unsure if I liked it. Hearing it with the pictures of the title sequence helped a lot, I liked it but as has been stated it don't fit the new direction. It would have worked out better if the new theme had been on the titles of the first two seasons and the old theme was now new.

Hearing it here first with out the pictures to go with it I was unsure if I liked it. Hearing it with the pictures of the title sequence helped a lot, I liked it but as has been stated it don't fit the new direction. It would have worked out better if the new theme had been on the titles of the first two seasons and the old theme was now new.

My thought exactly. The slower tempo fits this plot much better. while the up tempo would have fit the "Lets go explore and have a good time" theme of season's 1 and 2.

Ya know, before, they had some background orchestral music with a guitar or two... the music went perfect with the song. Had the new "upbeat" been more subtle, maybe it wouldn't sound bad. It just feels like "pop meets Where My Heat Will Take Me". :clap:

However, does this mean that there's an excuse for a 2nd ENT or 3rd "The Best of Star Trek" soundtrack?