Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Season 3 ENT Theme song

I have to agree with most of you.

While the new theme song is upbeat, with a more noticeable drum track.

The changes to the lead guitar track is what disappointed me the most.

Too lame and weak.

The good rif from the lyrics "I've got strength of the soul" to the end of the song is gone. :clap:

(It's the part where the scientist is writing on the chalkboard with the rocket overlay)

The original one is more suited to the atmosphere and direction the series is taking this year. The new theme may have worked for seasons 1-2, but not 3. Its too upbeat for this season. The old theme has a very slight undertone of sadness that is overscored with a feeling of hope. This, in my opinion is more suitable.

TPTB need to listen to and try to please the STF people!

You know what? Remember when Enterprise had not even started and the promos for it were running. Remember that they kept playing "Wherever you will go" by The Calling in the promos?? Hell...I'd much rather have that song instated as the theme.

What were they thinking? (ah..they werent thinking..shocker)

Edited by SuraksSoul

The old theme has a very slight undertone of sadness that is overscored with a feeling of hope. This, in my opinion is more suitable.

TPTB need to listen to and try to please the STF people!

I always thought it had a sense of determination to it. It was a defiant statement that was being made and that kind of showed the human "spirit" to strive and survive.

Now it's like something you'd hear a lounge lizzard sing.

i was always a fan of the theme song...and i have to throw my vote with the "what were they thinking" folks. the new "top 40" version seems awkward...contrived. the slower version felt more comforting...more like...i don't know...a patriotic hym or something that they would play to inspire people.

i, too, used to sing along...but i think i'll get the popcorn now...but hey, it might grow on me. :clap:

Now it's like something you'd hear a lounge lizzard sing.

:clap: Good one VBG!

I always thought it had a sense of determination to it. It was a defiant statement that was being made and that kind of showed the human "spirit" to strive and survive.

That's it exactly.

I prefer the old one as well. I didn't like it at first, admittedly, but it really grew on me - and I grew to love it. It was one of my favorite opening-credit songs. It seems now like they just - added stuff, and now it doesn't seem to flow so smoothly to me.

However, I'm remembering how people hated the old one when it came out, and then it grew on a lot of people. I'm hoping I grow to like this one as much as the old one. :bow:

:bow:

i love the original theme, it is inspiring, and gives a sense of dtermination leading to a positive goal. the new one is a bit off, but i guess it couldve been worse. but lets not be like the jerks that made them change it in the first place, GOD knows what it could be then.

but lets not be like the jerks that made them change it in the first place,

I agree, I've said my feelings about the song and thats that. If I don't want to hear the new theme I can do what I asked them that did not like the old one to do, mute it.

Well I always loved the original theme. Shivers ran down my back as the first line came across. I loved how the music was very subdued, almost ponderous, until the chorus. It really illustrated the main themes of Enterprise to me. It's been a long road through our history. We've had many wars, strifes, and disagreements. But we've persevered and we've SURVIVED! We are now Humanity, a union, we believe in each other. Together, nothing's gonna hold us down.

This new song, well, it's ok, just seems like it's trying too hard to make the thing "trippy." The old song's better IMHO.

trippy, as in your trippin, on a trip, has to do with being high, or drunk. that kind of thing. your trippin man. you never heard that before? well anyway thats what that is.

I was always a big fan of the original theme. I always watched the opening just to sing along, as I found the song to be inspiring and uplifting. But now I find myself fast forwarding through the whole thing to going to the john or kitchen.

I was always a big fan of the original theme.  I always watched the opening just to sing along, as I found the song to be inspiring and uplifting.  But now I find myself fast forwarding through the whole thing to going to the john or kitchen.

That makes two of us ddillard!

Or I hit the mute button! The person who invented that should get a Nobel Prize :blink:

Bring back the original theme!!!

hey just think it could've been worse, so i think we should all be grateful for only the minor change instead of a completely different tune set to rapp or something or worse yet country.

I have to admit I don't like either theme as a song in and of itself, but the first one really fit the theme of the show and I thought it was very appropriate. The new one's too upbeat and it didn't make much sense introducing it at this point. They're on their way into the unknown and just before we join them we're listening to a happy-go-lucky pop tune - not a well thought out plan.

or worse yet country.

uh-oh. dont let VBG hear that. lol. :look:

oh come now, im confident he'll understand. :laugh:

Oh, I don't know about that. You know how he likes country music.

Better watch you back. I think I see a phaser pointed in your direction! :look:

Well I've never really heard the old theme song, but I like this one. What is the name of it?

Well I've never really heard the old theme song, but I like this one. What is the name of it?

Sea Trooper, it's called "Faith of the Heart".

Although I love the "old" version of the theme, I have an idea about improving it. How about a mix similar to the old one, but with Scott Bakula singing. He has a wonderful voice, and it would seem appropriate for the Captain to "set the tone" of the show. Shatner and Stewart did the opening for TOS and TNG. What do you think?

or worse yet country.

uh-oh. dont let VBG hear that. lol. :blink:

oh come now, im confident he'll understand. :lol:

Oh, I don't know about that. You know how he likes country music.

Better watch you back. I think I see a phaser pointed in your direction! :(

yeah but VBG's a good guy, and he would never attack me fo not being a fan of country music. :( but just in case, oh VBG the great one, :blink: :blink:

now im really sure that'll keep him off my back :drool::wow:

It reminds me of when they did the same with the DS9 song, at first it sucked but grew on you then the next season they revamped it and it was worse. Why do they do that, which fans do they listen to?