Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Next On Enterprise

Enterprise Season 3 is finally here!

560x175.jpg

See the continuation of last season's dramatic close where Earth was attacked by the mysterious race known as the Xindi.

320x240.jpg

Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get caught in a deadly trap, Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), must rush to free them. Meanwhile, T?Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death.  From STARTREK.COM

Yikes! :borg2: Its tonight!!??!!

I better tell my wife to record it. I won't be home till late. Drat!!

So far doesn't sound to bad although, I'm not sure about the whole "music" thing.

It did go by pretty quickly. Though watching the countdown clock every day mad it seem longer lol

Remember when the clock was in the 90 day range? lol

hehe yeah I do but I didn't have time to come here every day so it wasn't so bad for me. :borg2:

Yes, I remember when we were counting down from 90 days.

Now we only have to count down the hours, then the minutes, then just the seconds... :borg2:

Meanwhile, T?Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death

Uh-oh. I think I know what that means, clothes are going to be shed. :borg2:

I just hope that bones88 remembers to hit the timer button on the VCR before he comes to work, or else I may have to hang him, lol. Got myself roped into working ten hours of OT tonight.

Edited by ddillard

Click for Spoiler:

All and all I liked it. The Xindi council did remind a little to much of the council from "Attack of the Clones". Other than that it was a GREAT start to the new season. I think the next few episodes will be very interesting. Edited by poguemahone

Click for Spoiler:

Ok...going to repeat some things from other threads but...Overall I would rate this episode at 5 out of 10. I have mixed feelings about some things due to their newness factor. Someone mentioned Archer's new sternness. He was really pissed off in the beginning -- a big change from the ending of the Expanse (of course they have been in the Expanse for what 6 weeks now with no evidence?] I guess that I can see now how things would become frustrating.

Click for Spoiler:

Again...didn't that annoying alien in "Canamar" play the Xindi?? I can't stand him for some reason.

Click for Spoiler:

I thought the plot twist was the redeeming element of the episode.

I can't wait for next weeks episode. I'll hold judgement on this season because of the experience of the last season getting progressively better from episode 1 to the "Expanse."

Click for Spoiler:

That's exactly what I was thinking, poguemahone! I kept waiting for Count Dooku to walk onto the scene. :borg2: Otherwise, I liked it. Those aquatic things in the tank were pretty cool. I'm looking forward to next week's episode. Edited by Pirate Elf

Ok, now I'm one person who's never seen "AOTC", so bear with me. But I HAVE read quite a few ST books. Does anyone remember an old ST book about the Enterprise carrying the everlasting ambassadors that keep getting killed off? It was a Pocket Book, I think.

Click for Spoiler:

Anyway, one of the ambassadors who is killed reminded me of the swimming Xindi. THAT'S what that scene reminded me of. Can't think of the name of it........ Edited by LadyNarana

A very good Season 3 opener for Enterprise..Can't wait until next week..It's going to be a great Enterprise year.. ;)

Click for Spoiler:

I just don't like what they did to our Opening song...!... :borg2:

Click for Spoiler:

Wait... so all those creatures in the council were Xindi? I didn't expect them to be so drastically different. I'm a little slow on the uptake here. :borg2: And on T'Pol's new look... I like it. She looks cooler.

Click for Spoiler:

Wait... so all those creatures in the council were Xindi?  I didn't expect them to be so drastically different.  I'm a little slow on the uptake here.  :borg2:  And on T'Pol's new look... I like it.  She looks cooler.

Click for Spoiler:

Well, the guy in the mine said that the five races of Xindi were all drastically different. That was my assumption...

I feel informed, but not particularly excited, by this episode. And I am not disappointed by what I saw. I would rate it 6 out of 10. I may change my mind as I watch the tape over and over again.

Click for Spoiler:

I now have a sense of what they are facing, and am intrigued. Those storage containers bashing against the different walls of the cargo bay ---scary! I did not care for the T'pol /Trip thing. It contributed nothing to the plot.

I am waiting for more, for the rest of their experience in the Expanse, and do not expect to be disappointed.

I enjoyed this episode a lot, I give it a 9 out of 10!

Things I disliked:

Click for Spoiler:

1. Archer & Trip becoming "darker" characters. Perhaps ENT will show how Humans go from revenge seeking to the semi-perfect people in Kirk's time?

2. The T'Pol/Trip scene was A OK as it seems to be hinting at a "future friendship" between the two, and even if it becomes a relationship, that's cool. Anywho, when she unbottons her shirt, well... They couldn't go to another angle, showing her shirt slipping over her front side, and allowing us to see just what on Earth Trip was doing to her back? People will say that it wasn't "nudity", well, I don't care, partially nudity is just as offensive, besides, it was completely uneccessary. I'd expect this from a show like "The X Files" or "Farscape", but "Star Trek"? It's a family show for cry'n out loud!

Those were the only things I disliked about last night's "The Xindi".

Anywho, does anyone think...

Click for Spoiler:

...that Trip and T'Pol will end up in a relationship? The rumor is that they are going to build up to this happening later in the season. I'd like to see this happen with a twist. We allways see stories about "humanity" this and "humanity" that. Well, why not have T'Pol keep supressing her emotions and have Trip seek out Vulcanallity (is that a word?) or something for a twist in Trek?

I managed to see the episode so I also tell what I think about it :)

I liked it very much. It was a good opening episode. I really enjoyed it. I hope ENT stays this way.

Click for Spoiler:

And I must say I liked the "darker" Archer and Trip. And: I am so glad! Malcolm Reed said more than two sentences!!! Yay! :clap: And for the Trip/T'Pol scene... Well... it does not bother me at all. I am used to things like that, such things are on TV here very often. I don't mind seeing it, but I understand that some people are upset because of these scenes.

Mrs. Captain Picard

QUOTE: SuraksSoul.

Click for Spoiler:

Ok...going to repeat some things from other threads but...Overall I would rate this episode at 5 out of 10.  I have mixed feelings about some things due to their newness factor.  Someone mentioned Archer's new sternness.  He was really pissed off in the beginning -- a big change from the ending of the Expanse (of course they have been in the Expanse for what 6 weeks now with no evidence?] I guess that I can see now how things would become frustrating.

Click for Spoiler:

I got a kick out seeing Archer on edge right out of the gate, kicked it into high gear right out of the gate! Poor Malcolm, his first scene of the season was an *buttocks*-chewing.

Click for Spoiler:

Again...didn't that annoying alien in "Canamar" play the Xindi?? I can't stand him for some reason.

Click for Spoiler:

I thought he was funny as hell in Canamar. I choked when he croaked last night, I was really looking forward to him being a guest for a while at least.

Click for Spoiler:

I thought the plot twist was the redeeming element of the episode.

I can't wait for next weeks episode.  I'll hold judgement on this season because of the experience of the last season getting progressively better from episode 1 to the "Expanse."

Click for Spoiler:

I am so jazzed for more ENT right now I can't see straight! :clap: