Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Last Music You Bought?

So, what was the last music (CDs, albums, cassettes or mp3s) that you have recently bought or recieved as a gift?

Bought these CDs today..

Fleetwood Mac: Rumours -- Such a great album..Never did buy the CD when I converted from cassette..I have fond memories of listening to this when it came out while I was a senior in High School..

Tom Petty: Wildflowers -- I'm crazy about Tom Petty's music..He's done so many wonderful songs..You may laugh but the reason I bought this CD was for the song 'You Don't Know How It Feels'..I like the song alot and it isn't on his greatest hits CD..Although I think that's the next one I buy..Luckily the rest of the 'Wildflowers' CD sounds good too..

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss: Raising Sand -- Wasn't sure what to expect from this CD..I'm a big fan of Led Zeppelin and therefore of Robert Plant..Always liked his singing but unsure what this CD was like since Alison Krauss is a bluegrass queen..It is quite different than what I usually listen to..But I've listened to it twice now and I really like it..They sound good singing songs by themselves and together..

Amy asked me to post a couple of Alabama songs for her and I didn't have them (Reinvent the Wheel an Right Where I Am) so I bought the MP3's from Amazon.com.

As for music I bought......... Well the last music I bought was Spice Girls on good old fashioned cassette right after High School, back in 1997.

Ok, everybody stop laughing, I used to think the Spice Girls were hot, lol.

I believe the last time I bought music it was three CD's, one of Native American music, one of traditional African music and one of South American music

Bought 4 music Cds tonight...

Pretenders: The Singles -- I've always liked the Pretender's songs that I hear on the radio so I've wanted to buy a CD for a while..I like Chrissie Hynde..This CD is full of good songs, a few of my favs are 'Message of Love', 'Brass in Pocket' and 'Middle of the Road'.

Steve Miller Band: Complete Greatest Hits -- Another artist that I've wanted a CD of for a long time..Hard for me to llist fav songs here as there as so many. Such great music..

Pink Floyd: Animals -- It's hard to believe that I don't already have this in my library. At one time I had the LP way back when that's all I listened to..LPs..Guess this is one LP that I never got around to re-buying on CD until now.

Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever -- I feel that Tom Petty's music is fantastic as I've said before..I've had my eye on this CD for awhile..Lot's of great songs..

Steve Miller Band: Complete Greatest Hits -- Another artist that I've wanted a CD of for a long time..Hard for me to llist fav songs here as there as so many. Such great music..

Steve Miller Band is great, always been a favorite of mine.

Amy asked me to post a couple of Alabama songs for her and I didn't have them (Reinvent the Wheel an Right Where I Am) so I bought the MP3's from Amazon.com.

You could have asked, I would have been happy to send you the files. You should know by now that I have everything they've ever put out. The last CD I bought was either "The Last Stand" or "Songs of Inspiration II". I can't remember which was released first. I love Alabama's version of "The Old Rugged Cross".

Let me know how much I owe you for those MP3's.

You could have asked, I would have been happy to send you the files. You should know by now that I have everything they've ever put out. The last CD I bought was either "The Last Stand" or "Songs of Inspiration II". I can't remember which was released first. I love Alabama's version of "The Old Rugged Cross".

Nothing, they were minimal charges. I found the rest of my CD's not long ago so I have them all now too.

Nothing, they were minimal charges. I found the rest of my CD's not long ago so I have them all now too.

You should know I'm not going to let this go.

I bought a few more music cds thursday night..Seems like lately I've been listening to the same cds and wanted a few new ones. Actually I was hoping to get another 'Kill Hannah' cd, I do believe they have a new one out, but I only saw the one I have already. I first discovered them thru their song' Lips Like Morphine' on MySpace..Crazy about the song and the whole cd I think is fantastic..

Anyway, here is what I bought on thursday night..

The Cars first cd..Awesome recording of course..

The Who: Who Are You..Another great recording that I have a thing for. This one and the Cars cd bring back lots of memories of partying in cars with my friends in my younger crazy years..It sure was fun and I do miss all my old friends..One of them passed away suddenly last year..

Bob Marley: Legend..OMG, what a great cd this is..If you don't already have it, I highly reconmend it..I've heard a few of the songs before of course but it wasn't until Will Smith mentioned it in that movie of his that I became very interested in it..Fantastic cd, glad I bought it..

two Angels and Airwaves CDs

We Don't Need To Whisper

I-Empire

this is a fairly new band formed by ex-Blink 182 member Tom De Longe, but this sounds nothing like Blink. AVA (short for Angels and Airwaves) is definitely a more mature sound has many fans, including fans that are 40+ in age. They have a sound similar to U2. I saw them live in concert and they are amazing and will be big stuff one day. Below is the song "The Adventure"

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Stephen of Borg

I bought the new AC/DC CD a couple of days ago. I've been a big fan for a long time. Surprisingly, I didn't really like the CD all that much, but after a while, it kind of grew on me.

I just picked up..

STYX: Gold

Always been a fan of their music. I like their sound..They have a lot of great songs..

The Essential Ozzy Osbourne

Yeah, I've liked Ozzy's music since his Black Sabbath days..

Buckcherry: 15

Not really my kind of music but I do have those moods..I tend to listen to this kind of music when I'm angry or depressed..

Buckcherry: Black Butterfly

Again, not my most favorite band but I'll give it a listen..

I was trying to think of the artist who did that song with Ozzy 'If I Close My Eyes Forever'..Course I couldn't remember until after I left the store.. doh.gif Lita Ford..

So long since I last bought an album....won't even say. Until the 'Star Trek' soundtrack-as stated elsewhere. Listened to it again tonight. Love it!

Edited by Voyager recruit