Sign in to follow this  
ensign_beedrill

Shatner in Enterprise?

Well, Great-Great-Grandfather being in his 70's about 90 years before Kirk.  I think I finally see VBG's justification for adding an extra "Great" on.  My question is this: Will the producers think to do this?  What if they just call him Kirk's grandpa? :tear: They'll probably call him something like "something Kirk" and just have him be Kirk's ancestors and let the fans sort out which generation he is. :(

That's likely what they would do, they'll just say "this is Kevin T. Kirk" or whatever name they come up with and of course being William Shatner we will all know that he is the ancestor of the future James T. Kirk.

Maybe what you said is the best thing for them to do and not explain what the relationship is, otherwise they could run into all kinds of problems if they pick a relationship that seems unplausible.

I'd just hate to see them add fuel to the fire of those that bash Enterprise already.

Well, Great-Great-Grandfather being in his 70's about 90 years before Kirk.  I think I finally see VBG's justification for adding an extra "Great" on.  My question is this: Will the producers think to do this?  What if they just call him Kirk's grandpa? :lol: They'll probably call him something like "something Kirk" and just have him be Kirk's ancestors and let the fans sort out which generation he is. :tear:

sounds like the best solution to me...

yeah,just call him "something" Kirk and make it clear that he is James T's ancestor,and let the fans sort out the details themselves...

:(

What about having him play a Starfleet Admiral?

How does Admiral James S. McCoy sound? :borg2:

He could be in charge of Starfleet Academy or what ever training program is in place in the 22nd century. (I assume there is a Starfleet Academy since all the personnel are Starfleet personnel, except for T'Pol and Phlox, oh, and let's not forget Soval and his entourage.)

I got it!!! James T Kirk's mortal body was killed on Nimbus III during Generations, but his "echo", like Guinan's, still exists in the Nexus and can't leave-like Guinan's. Since James Kirk bores easily, he develops an attitude being stuck there so he invents a device where he can leave the Nexus, and in the Nexus, time has no meaning. Get where I'm going people? James T Kirk is Future Guy!!!!

I got it!!!  James T Kirk's mortal body was killed on Nimbus III during Generations, but his "echo", like Guinan's, still exists in the Nexus and can't leave-like Guinan's.  Since James Kirk bores easily, he develops an attitude being stuck there so he invents a device where he can leave the Nexus, and in the Nexus, time has no meaning.  Get where I'm going people? James T Kirk is Future Guy!!!!

Creative idea! B)

(Oh, and it was Veridian III B) )

There's no reason to address the issue on the show. He can say "hi, I'm Marty Kirk" and he could be a grandfather , great-grandfather, cousin, or uncle. People don't go around saying what their descendants names are, especially when they haven't been born yet!

Sign in to follow this