Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Uncontacted Amazon Tribe photographed

msnbc

RIO DE JANEIRO - Amazon Indians from one of the world's last uncontacted tribes have been photographed from the air, with striking images released on Thursday showing them painted bright red and brandishing bows and arrows.

The photographs of the tribe near the border between Brazil and Peru are rare evidence that such groups exist. A Brazilian official involved in the expedition said many of them are in increasing danger from illegal logging.

"What is happening in this region is a monumental crime against the natural world, the tribes, the fauna and is further testimony to the complete irrationality with which we, the 'civilized' ones, treat the world," Jose Carlos Meirelles was quoted as saying in a statement by the Survival International group

The article continues to refer to these groups as "uncontacted" but if they've been being tracked for decades - I think it's pretty safe to assume they've noticed they're being tracked - just like I'm pretty sure they noticed that plane they were pointing arrows at.

just like I'm pretty sure they noticed that plane they were pointing arrows at.

They probably think its the angry bird god come to destroy them......

It is a legitimate point to make that the illegal logging is harming plants, animals and people. I wonder if the government would be as concerned if it was legal logging, with permits and income for the government? :blink:

Edited by trekz