Sign in to follow this  
star_rose

Brent calls me "his sister" in this video

I would like to show this video to all Brent's fans.

It was recorded during his last convention, STICCON XXII, in Bellaria, near rimini (Italy).

In youtube you can find a lot of videos about the last STICCON,

but not all these videos are in English.

the key word is: "STICCON"

I put here the link to the video in which Brent meets Marco Mete and he says to me that I am "his sister", although I am not visible in this video:

Marco Mete meets Brent Spiner at STICCON 2008

what do you think about it?

I think its incredibly obvious that Brent was making a joke (and its a commonly used joke). I really don't see how his comment got you so worked up. Perhaps its a cultural thing, who knows?

no, in Italy it is different...

we say normally "this is a friend of mine" if we would like to make a comliment to somebody;

the expression, "my Sister", could be more probably an insult, because we don't are really "friends".

and, because there is a great difference of age between us, it is an insult because I am not 50 years old, but only 36 years old, Brent could be at least my "uncle", sure not "my brother".

do you understand?

Edited by star_rose

Brent answered to me in an email that in American theatres there is the custom to say to a person who appreciates the actor that "it is my mother", but I am young, therefore he said" his sister", however, Brent isn't so famous for his musicals in Italy and so many people didn't know that he is a brilliant singer.

He refused to sing on Saturday, therefore nobody could imagine that he has so beautiful voice...

however, I think that on Sunday he could sell a lot of CDs.

We have really a "strange" relationship.

Sometimes I would like not to be more his fan...

You still don't get the joke. He didn't mean to refer to you as his sister in the strict sense. He was making a self-depreciating joke by implying to the audience that he planted his sister in the audience to say good things about his cd. The implication was that a family member HAS to say nice things about you. It really had nothing to do with you at all.

you are not kind with me...

perhaps it is the truth, I don't know, but it is not kind.

I was just explaining Brent's joke to you. No disrespect was intended towards you at all....... :blink:

star_rose, for me it is not important what was ment. I think it is so cool you got to interact with him! Good Job

thank you very much

I think that I would be "lucky" if I would be his wife...

however, I remeber that he said the next day that he spent a lot of money for his new CD, about 900,000 $, and he hoped to sell enough copies to not have a loss...

however, he put an insert on amazon.com too...

How well do you know him? Being his wife might not be as fun as being his fan.

I don't know him well...

he said during the convention that he thinks to be more similar to Lore than to Data in the reality...

however, I consider myself one of his "friends", not a simple fan...