Favorite TNG movie (Poll)

What is your fav TNG movie?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is your fav TNG movie?

• Generations
    • First Contact
    • Insurrection
    • Nemesis

I would like to know what everybody's favorite TNG movie is. I think my favorite is First Contact. The Borg are cool. I think that First Contact and Insurrection are great movies. How about you guys? :D

I'm Glad everyone likes First Contact!!!

I luv it for Data

also

when deanna got drunk.. that was funny.. it was also the movie where deanna and will showed interest in each other AGAIN!!!

-Laur :D

Definately first contact! It was such a good story and there were so many great lines

"And you people your all astronaughts, on..some kind of star trek":wow:

DATA: "for a time, I was tempted by her offers PICARD: " How long a time?" DATA: 0.68 seconds sir......for an andriod, that is nearly an eternity.

"Would you three like to be alone?"

" If your looking for my proffesional opinion as ships counselor, hes nuts"

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many safcrifices, too many retreats. They invade our space... and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds... and we fall back. Not again! The line must be drawn here, this far, no farther! And "I" will make them pay for what they've done!"

I voted INSURRECTION! It's my fav TNG movie becuase it deals with morals and ethics! Oh, and it has the best humor since ST-4!

"I've been shot at, thrown out of a ship that's come to abduct us, and nealy drowned. What's there to worry about?"

I picked First Contact. The whole movie was great. It brought out the best in everybody except for Deanna. She got drunk. :wow:

First Contact was great but I don't think it even touches Nemesis. Insurrection was really good also but to me it felt more like a long episode than a movie. Nemesis falls into my top three Trek films of all time along with The Wrath of Khan and The Undiscoverd Country. It's all about Shinzon! :wow:

Ok while there is something good about every TNG movie I like Insurrection best..

I am not a huge fan of all the fighting and stuff like why in Nemesis every one liked the part where the ships ram together me I liked the wedding.. :wow: I'm not to fond of the Borg and Generations was ok so thats what I think..

all hail Bev!! B)

OK, I voted for First Contact, but really it was a tie in mi mind. The tie is between First Contact and Nemesis....I just liked the end of FC better than Nemesis. Other than that they are pretty much equal..

My choices are in this order

1st) First Contact and Nemesis

2nd) Insurrenction

3rd) Generations

OK, I voted for First Contact, but really it was a tie in mi mind. The tie is between First Contact and Nemesis....I just liked the end of FC better than Nemesis. Other than that they are pretty much equal..

My choices are in this order

1st) First Contact and Nemesis

2nd) Insurrenction

3rd) Generations

Surprise surprise Yillara I agree (except I voted for Nemesis). For me Nemesis came at the right time in my life. It captured my mood at the time as well as being a good movie. The first time I saw it I was kind of numb from Data's death and the darkness of the movie overall but each time I saw it after it just got better and better. Plus it was the first Trek movie I saw in an actual theatre (and a super great theatre at that)

I only got to see Nemesis once the day it came out. How many times have you seen it, Takara?

I refuse to answer that question on grounds it may incriminate me! Oh wait I can't plead the 5th, I'm in Canada. :wow:

Let's just say more than 5 times less than 50. B) :wow: Actually I'm not sure, I lost count. :wow:

Guest Ktrek

I voted for First Contact. Of all TNG films it is the most "balanced" of the movies. It has just the right enemy with a touch of humor and the struggle of humanity to overcome our enemies. I agree with Captain Jean-Luc Picard's assessment of Insurrection being a moral movie but so is First Contact. It deals with the subject of revenge and justice inspired by Moby (Please stop me from cursing), which is probably one of the most "moralistic" books you could ever read next to the Bible. Perhaps I would place Les Miserable up there also. Just my thoughts! :wow:

Ktrek

Nemesis gets my vote. First Contact is a close second.

I think Nemesis really captured part of the "science" in "science fiction". It was a classic nature vs. nurture. Picard and Shinzon had the same genetic makeup but it was what happened to them in their lives and the people in their lives that shaped who they became.

Plus it was a dark movie. For some reason I just really like dark movies. Not all the time, and Star Trek should not have too many. But that's what is so great about Star Trek, one movie can be dark like Nemesis, and one can be funny like The Voyage Home, or it can be a combination of dark, funny, serious, adventurous and sad.

I'd have to vote for First Contact, although I liked them all (and my liking FC is based on Data and the Queen NOT doing...anything...). I just thought it was great - exciting, intriguing, interesting, well acted and scripted, you know - the basic things that make a movie great. (except better, trekkier and involving Data! So it's an amazing movie)

To me, a great movie needs several things:

1) A love story

2) Political Intrigue

3) A good fight scene

4) A good twist at the end

In my mind, that makes Insurrection the best. The Picard-Anij love story is good, the Picard-Lily thing of First Contact just didn't cut it. The conspiracy, double cross, and disobeying of orders is well thought out. The revelation that the Son'a are actually reject Ba'ku is good. And of course there's the crew getting messy with the Son'a on the behalf of the Ba'ku both on planet and in space. What more could you want?

I voted First Contact. As Sam said, Resistance was futile, he he! ^_^ :hug:

"Borg. Sounds like Swedish."

"Ahhhh! Definitly not Swedish!"

:lol:

Insurrection....

I just love when Crusher and Troi start talking about their breasts firming up and Data overhears them,then asks Worf whether or not he had noticed his breasts firming up..Hahaha :dude:

That and Worf's gortch... :clap: