Sign in to follow this  
SeeingEyeBorg

Uhura's Uniform in Mirror, Mirror

Mirror, Mirror uniform.... Yay? Nay?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should they have kept Uhura's Mirror uniform?

• Hell-to-the-YES!
    • *Sniff* Absolutely not. Her outfit is simply inappropriate.

With the Killer Body that she had back then, she pulled it off nicely.

It is so amazing that they even got that uniform on the air when you consider that the NBC censors forced the costume of Jeannie to be changed on I Dream of Jeannie (1965-1970) so Barbara Eden's navel wouldn't show. It's incredible that Star Trek was able to show so much of Uhura's midriff but then Trek did break down a lot of barriers.

It is so amazing that they even got that uniform on the air when you consider that the NBC censors forced the costume of Jeannie to be changed on I Dream of Jeannie (1965-1970) so Barbara Eden's navel wouldn't show. It's incredible that Star Trek was able to show so much of Uhura's midriff but then Trek did break down a lot of barriers.

I know what you mean. My jaw dropped the first time I saw this ep; I gawked at Uhura and was beyond stunned that they'd gotten away with it.

Great costume and she had the body (back then) to carry it off. Last year at the costume contest in Las Vegas Star Trek Con, someone wore a similar Uhura costume. She looked fantastic!

Edited by trekz

I met the woman who used to care for Nimoy's mother-in-law. She had all kinds of nifty info, such as Nichelle coming over all the time with her girlfriends.

I'm not buying in either. I have the feeling she wouldn't be in the closet if it were true.

Nichelle Nichols was married twice and does have a son from her first marriage but that doesn't really prove anything.

She was attractive but killer body?

"hot" is in the eye of the beholder.

She was and still is a great looking woman and a fine actress.

nnichols.jpg

I couldn't agree more.

True, I wouldn't say she had a 'killer body' but that's just my opinion. To me, Barbi Benton (about the same time frame, late 60's) or Jessica Alba (more current) had/have killer bodies. So that's my point of reference.

True, I wouldn't say she had a 'killer body' but that's just my opinion. To me, Barbi Benton (about the same time frame, late 60's) or Jessica Alba (more current) had/have killer bodies. So that's my point of reference.

And, before she went off of the deep end, I would say that Brittney Spears had one too.

Barbie Benton was more like Early-to-Mid Seventies, if I recall correctly. And she is another one that still looks good today.

And, before she went off of the deep end, I would say that Brittney Spears had one too.

Barbie Benton was more like Early-to-Mid Seventies, if I recall correctly. And she is another one that still looks good today.

Barbie Benton actually started in 1968 and was on Hee Haw in 1969.

Of course don't get me wrong on Mrs. Nichols, I've always thought she was a beautiful woman. I just never associated her with that particular term before though.

Of course don't get me wrong on Mrs. Nichols, I've always thought she was a beautiful woman. I just never associated her with that particular term before though.

I completely forgot about Hee Haw.

My kids once asked me about it. I told them that it was Laugh-In for Hillbillies.

Then they asked me what Laugh-In was. :laugh:

My kids once asked me about it. I told them that it was Laugh-In for Hillbillies.

We've sort of hijacked the thread but oh well, it'll survive lol.

I used to watch Hee Haw all the time in the 70's. Of course by the time I was watching it it was around 1973 or 1974 (when I was 4 or 5 years old). On a side note, Roy Clark is a master on the guitar, I've actually heard him make one talk.

I agree. Nichelle Nichols looked really good with her clothes on. However, once she took those clothes off, she had a scary body.

We've sort of hijacked the thread but oh well, it'll survive lol.

I used to watch Hee Haw all the time in the 70's. Of course by the time I was watching it it was around 1973 or 1974 (when I was 4 or 5 years old). On a side note, Roy Clark is a master on the guitar, I've actually heard him make one talk.

Not to mention a Classically Trained Violinist.

Back on topic, I do think she had a killer body. Should they have kept that uniform? No, they shouldn't have kept her regular uniform either. I like them both and I'll be wearing the blue version to Vegas in 09, but in reality the mirror outfit and the regular dress were ridiculously impractical.