Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

TNG on Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi has announced a new deal with CBS which enables the network "access to shows in the CBS library, including Star Trek: The Next Generation, which will premiere June 2 on SCI FI, as well as Charmed, Early Edition, Highlander, Friday the Thirteenth: The Series and the classic sitcom Mork & Mindy, among others." Ghost Whisperers in also included in the package.

That's good news for anyone that doesn't have the DVD's. The thing I hate about the re-airings though is that they're cut to add more commercials. I still watch the TV versions when I get a chance but any time I really want to watch it's the DVD's I go for.

Sci-Fi is where all of Trek belongs. This may give the Sci-Fi channel some much needed credibility.

In the UK, Sky now only shows Enterprise; TNG and now Voyager have both been shown on Bravo; DS9 and Enterprise and now TNG have all been shown on Virgin (so far); and TOS has been shown on Sci-Fi. BBC2 shows TNG and TOS sometimes in the early hours at the weekends, but very rarely... I think that that's it. The movies have been shown on Sky Movies and sometimes Channel 4. But they have been on the BBC in the past and ITV? Unsure... Star Trek used to be a BBC thing. Channel 4 bought TOS though didn't put it on very much. Channel 4 also bought the rights to Enterprise from the BBC along with the Simpsons. The BBC seems to shy away from US TV programmes a fair bit nowadays, wasting our licence fee on silly nonsense. Documentaries about private parts and so forth! Sigh...

Edited by prometheus

From checking the schedule at their website, it appears that SciFi will run 4 episodes every Monday night starting at 7:00 p.m. Eastern.

That's good news for anyone that doesn't have the DVD's. The thing I hate about the re-airings though is that they're cut to add more commercials. I still watch the TV versions when I get a chance but any time I really want to watch it's the DVD's I go for.

I agree that it's maddening when they cut StarTrek to advertise more junk. My classic example was a station airing Wrath of Khan that showed Khan saying the line: "Revenge is a dish best served cold. It is very cold" AND THEY CUT to commercial. I'm screaming at the TV "IN SPACE! IN SPACE! IT's very cold IN SPACE!" :P :laugh:

Sci-Fi is where all of Trek belongs. This may give the Sci-Fi channel some much needed credibility.

If Sci Fi can get credibility that would be a great day... I wish they would even occassionally show some classic Sci Fi movies unstead of mostly so so Sci Fi.

so its replacing Enterprise

No, ENT will be on Tuesday nights. There will be three episodes starting at 7 Eastern.

I am glad TNG is on SCI FI which I don't get only on the digitals which I can watch it with my mom