Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

The Best Thing About Voyager was...

I actually enjoyed the fact that they were pretty much on their own and could not depend on Starfleet to bail them out if they ran into trouble, but yet they still managed to uphold their Federation Principles.

I actually enjoyed the fact that they were pretty much on their own and could not depend on Starfleet to bail them out if they ran into trouble, but yet they still managed to uphold their Federation Principles.

I totally agree with you here and I would also like to add that another thing why I think the show was the best is because of the characters.

Don't know if I can single 1 thing out..

I too liked the premise, alone and without help from Starfleet..

I liked ALL of the characters..especially enjoyed having a female Captain for once..

I liked the ship and was glad that we finally got to see a starship land on a planet..

the new aliens. I liked how so little of the familiar aliens were in the series. Being out in the Delta quadrant, it definitely had a great selection of new species without having to bring in the Klingons or Romulans every season.

Don't know if I can single 1 thing out..

I too liked the premise, alone and without help from Starfleet..

Not so much that, but also, the Roddenberry-esque qualities... i.e. "We need more aliens on this show!" plus the other side of the galaxy concept was cool too.

Quote form ddilard: I actually enjoyed the fact that they were pretty much on their own and could not depend on Starfleet to bail them out if they ran into trouble, but yet they still managed to uphold their Federation Principles.

Amen! :P

One thing that was cool (not necessarily the best) that time was that stuck with the same communicators, the same uniforms, throughout the series entire run.

Unlike the other trek of the day Next Gen & DS9 where the uniforms/commincators were changing during the seasons.

Or even Generations where they changing uniform styles right during the movie itself.

They kinda had to, considering the fact that they were out of contact with Starfleet to know what the new uniforms looked like and even then had to conserve their power, ability to replicate for more important things then new uniforms for the whole crew. Like food, water, etc.

I too like the fact that they were just as on their own as the Enterprise NX-01 crew on most of that show.

But I loved their ending, them coming out of an exploding Borg Sphere was awesome. Wish they showed a bit more of what happened after they got home. We know Janeway became an Admiral, but that's about it.

Quote Krothos:Wish they showed a bit more of what happened after they got home.

I completely agree. I loved the entire unexpectedness of whether or not they're actually gonna get home, but is was a bit too short to be satisfying. There's a poll going about the probaility of doing a Voyager movie, that could fill in a lot of gaps, I think.

One of my main question is what happened to the Maquis part of the crew? Were they welcomed by Starfleet with open arms? Were they put on trial for whatever USS Voyager was originally sent to get them for? What would they do with a Former Borg Drone like 7 of 9? Study her like a lab rat? Same question about the Doctor, a hologram become sentient.

Edited by Krothos

Yes,on there own.The fact that think voyager built for long haul in space..She could carry more stuff too and has unique doc.. computerized!!!

post-761-1214604878.jpg

post-761-1214605183.jpg

The Best Thing About Voyager was... What?

The torture only lasted for seven years, lol.

And you call yourself a Trek Fan...

Anywho, just purchased the whole Voyager series on DVD online for a sweet deal.

One of my main question is what happened to the Maquis part of the crew? Were they welcomed by Starfleet with open arms? Were they put on trial for whatever USS Voyager was originally sent to get them for?

They would also have to put Janeway on trial for contaminating the time line, commiting Borg genocide (though I doubt anyonewould condemn her fo that one), and bringing back a bunch of future technology like the borg shieldning and such things. Not to mention the doctors mobile emitter.

But we know Janeway made Admiral so I assume she got out of those charges.

Really that movie is to loose about what it tell and show. Admiral Janeway? Enterprise equipped with wheeled vehicles? Someone dind't care enough.

Edited by Hooray for boobies

If you follow the books Chakotay become Captain of Voyager. Paris and Torres got to one of the klingon planets. Seven of nine lives with her aunt. And the doctor continues writing novels about holograms.

Havent read the books since the The Farther Shore so not sure what happened to all the other characters apart from Chaokotay becoming captain.

That was one of my beefs with "Endgame." They gave no mind whatsoever to Chakotay and Torres, about how they would have been worried since in Starfleet's eyes, they hadn't repatriated back to the Federation, and there had been no legal proceedings regarding their activities as Maquis. Not even a mention about Janeway putting in a request for their pardons in any of the episodes before. It was a hole they never sewed up.