Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Will there be another TNG Movie?

Levar Burton hopes that the TNG crew will be given one last chance to say an appropriate farewell. Was Nemesis really it? Will the TNG crew never again grace our screens in an official capacity? I think not. Spock is back. And it has been how many years? Frakes and Sirtis popped up again in their red and blue jump suits, puffy eyes aside. I think that there will be a nostalgic trip down memory lane for the crew of the D and E at some point in the future. When it becomes trendy. TOS stuff is all "retro cool" at the moment, but the 80s bubble perms, knitwear and pastel carpets of TNG will be in vogue soon too and no doubt a follow up movie may be on the cards...

I don't think that there will be another TNG movie. Each one of their movies made less money than the previous one. Thats the bottom line. TOS films always made good money, even the bad ones. Most people who are not overt fans identify more with the iconic TOS characters.

if the next movie is successful, the sequel will be that of the new TOS crew. The more sequels with the new TOS crew will be made as long as it is a hit. The longer it runs, the older the TNG crew gets.

If it is a HUGE success, it will prove that other actors can take on classic Trek roles and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a new TNG crew to do more TNG movies. I really do believe that it is the end for the original TNG cast, Brent Spiner killed himself in the movie just because he didn't want to play Data again due to his age.

Some Trek fans actually like Nemesis and some even consider it their favorite movie. So if TNG has to go out like that, it could be worse. At least Nemesis does have it's fans and is not considered to be the worst Trek movie.

Edited by The Kryptonian

I would love to see the TNG cast do another movie, but I'm not sure it will happen. Sorry, but I did not like Nemesis and was worried that it had effectively killed the movie franchise, just as I worried over the same thing involving ST V.

Perhaps there could be a Sci-Fi season of the lost voyages of TNG, set in the middle of their voyages. That would be fun and perhaps possible, although the costs of doing Sci-Fi on TV are VERY high. I do hate the idea of never seeing this cast on the big screen again, because they are very talented actors who we saw develop their characters effectively over the years.

Who knows though. A good script in the TOS universe involving time travel could bring the TNG cast, or some of them, back to the big screen. Then there's always the potential of TASTTNGS: The Animated Star Trek the Next Generation Series! And worst case scenario - the claymation version! :angry:

Edited by trekz

I am sure that the Star Trek fans of the 70s said the same thing, and look now, it's 3 decades later and Spock is appearing in a new film!

I'm not sure there will be another TNG movie. I guess part of it would depend on how well the STXI does.

With STXI I kinda wish they would have a cameo for Brent Spiner playing another Soong so we could see a connection between Aric Soong and Noonien Soong. :angry:

Personally, while I'd watch and enjoy another TNG movie I want something they won't do and that's a DS9 movie. If they don't do a DS9 movie then I'd rather have something all new like they're doing now.

DS9 deserves a movie though.

Personally, while I'd watch and enjoy another TNG movie I want something they won't do and that's a DS9 movie. If they don't do a DS9 movie then I'd rather have something all new like they're doing now.

I couldn't agree more. A DS9 movie would rock!

Not enough people watched DS9 to justify it having a movie made. I doubt TPTB at the studio would even consider it.

Not enough people watched DS9 to justify it having a movie made. I doubt TPTB at the studio would even consider it.

As many really bad movies as are made I don't agree that "not enough people watched" as a reason to not make one. To me that's just a cop out used in many cases by people that either didn't "get" DS9 or didn't like it because they had their favorite and could allow room for something new and different.

If "Snow Day", "Three Kings" or "House on Haunted Hill" can be made into movies then there's no reason why a show that consistently reached more than 7 Million households in the United States alone, lasted 7 full seasons and was the top-rated syndicated-drama series throughout its run can't have a movie made. (The difference between DS9's ratings and TNG's was DS9 7% to TNG 11% of US Households).

The only reason for "TPTB" to not consider it is because they're morons. They're the same idiots that turned the final episode of Enterprise into a "behind the scenes add-on" TNG episode.

I know a movie will never be made, but I couldn't really support another TNG movie either. For me, if my opinion counted for anything (which I know it doesn't) it would be DS9, something entirely new or nothing. TNG was great on TV, a couple of the movies were entertaining but I think it's played out it's run.

After you eat cotton candy for just so long you want some meat and potatoes, to me TNG was more cotton candy. DS9 was a full meal.

A DS9 movie would rock but I too know it won't happen..I don't like that TNG ended with Nemesis but that's what we got..I don't see another TNG movie in the future..For one thing it would be hard to do it without Captain Picard..We all know that Patrick Stewart has hung up his starfleet uniform..But perhaps a few TNG cast members with new characters could get a movie at some point down the road. But I think the franchise is in TOS mode right now..

out of all of the series, Enterprise is what needs a movie more than any other. It was cancelled prematurely and wasn't able to finish properly. That will never happen, but they need that to be revived

I don't think there will be another tng movie i can't picture anymore it will be good but no i think there should be a star trek movie with the titan when riker is captain i like to see that but that won't happen

I have to agree with Kevin on on this one. I would love to see a DS9 movie and I think that the series deserves one. As for another TNG movie, I would watch it if it were made but don't really know if it would be worth it. I would also enjoy an Enterprise movie, but otherwise going with something new seems like the best we will get.

I wouldn't mind another TNG film, however...what I would REALLY love is a DS9 flick. Odo and Quark deserve to be reunited. It's not right to keep those two apart.

And I'm pretty sure Garak is somewhere on Cardassia, lonely and longing for Julian...but I digress. Back to the movie: if it's got the legendary Picard, I wanna see it.

I suppose there could have been a DS9 tele-movie. I mean, look at that Stargate clap that they borught out recently. Yawn! Oh T'lc another hair-do, outrageous!!!

I hope there won't be another TNG movie. I hated how they messed up Jean-Luc in the movies (he used to be a diplomat, not an action hero) and I'd hate to see another movie in which he runs around with a phaser rifle and keeps shooting at people. :angry:

I really doubt that there will be another TNG movie... except for maybe a Titan movie, but I think that this is also very unlikely.

I wouldn't mind a DS9 movie either. :laugh:

As many really bad movies as are made I don't agree that "not enough people watched" as a reason to not make one. To me that's just a cop out used in many cases by people that either didn't "get" DS9 or didn't like it because they had their favorite and could allow room for something new and different.

If "Snow Day", "Three Kings" or "House on Haunted Hill" can be made into movies then there's no reason why a show that consistently reached more than 7 Million households in the United States alone, lasted 7 full seasons and was the top-rated syndicated-drama series throughout its run can't have a movie made. (The difference between DS9's ratings and TNG's was DS9 7% to TNG 11% of US Households).

The only reason for "TPTB" to not consider it is because they're morons. They're the same idiots that turned the final episode of Enterprise into a "behind the scenes add-on" TNG episode.

I know a movie will never be made, but I couldn't really support another TNG movie either. For me, if my opinion counted for anything (which I know it doesn't) it would be DS9, something entirely new or nothing. TNG was great on TV, a couple of the movies were entertaining but I think it's played out it's run.

After you eat cotton candy for just so long you want some meat and potatoes, to me TNG was more cotton candy. DS9 was a full meal.

They may be morons but they are business morons and they look at the bottom line to make their decisions. If they thought they would make money from a DS9 movie then I'm sure they would make one. You may consider TNG cotton candy but, at its peak, it reached twice as many households as DS9. The studio PTB seem to think that if they can't make enough money on TOS or TNG that the other series don't have a hope in hell of bringing in the money. I guess we'll never know whether they are right or not.

Having said that I think we should get back on topic to TNG. If anyone wants to discuss the merits of a DS9 movie the DS9 forum would be the appropriate forum.

B) I've said it a million times, I'm afraid of them doing a Titan movie because it would really hurt the novels. I wouldn't mind it if they had the same characters, such as Dr. Ree and Tuvok in the movies.

The novels are outside the canon universe. Do you know how many TOS novels contradict other TOS novels? When making a Trek TV show, the novels shouldn't be considered.

I would be happy of a new movie of TNG only if Data could return back...

perhaps with the help of Q...

but Brent said that he is too old to play Data again...

sigh!

Edited by star_rose

If there was a Titan movie, Riker would probably have to follow his own rules re away missions, although he's probably so big now that he can only sit in his chair anyways. Lodged into into! And I would hope that Troi would stay away from the figure higging jump suits - she's no spring chicken either. Wouldn't want her drooping assets turning the viewers.

No, I am only being nasty, just kidding. They aren't that old, but at the same time, it may be mest to keep the characters young in our mind as opposed to the Cocoon fest that were the later TOS Movies.

Remember Scotty's size in Generations ... he was like a sofa from DFS

TRANSPORTER CHIEF: "My God! Boost the containment field" (sparks flying everywhere, strained whirr of the transporter, as it troed to beam Scotty up .. )

How did that transporter holfd him for so long on TNG. It's no wonder the other guy didn't make it!!!