45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would Win In A Fight?

• The Hot-Bot Spider
    • The Google-Bot Spider
    • What chu talking bout Willis?

Stardate:213671.9

Wow this is a weird Poll :bow:

I am going with the googlebot spider.Experience wins in this fight

Hotbot is actually a pretty good search engine, you can search Hotbot Google Ask.com and Lycos all with the click of the mouse.

As for the spiders, Hotbot has more visits (but google is gaining ground) but the quality of the crawl is the important thing to consider. Hotbot is a more shallow crawl. Meaning that when Hotbot crawls it will scratch the surface and dig down into a couple days/weeks worth of postings for indexing. When Google crawls though it goes through every link it can find and I've seen Googlebot crawling as far back as March.

So my answer is Googlebot wins even if it doesn't crawl as much.

Google-bot.

I use that engine for everything: searching for sites, searching for images .........well that's it, but Google still rocks! Lol.

In the past 2 or 3 days we've gotten 68 registered (not all hits are detected) hits from Google, 0 from Hot Bot. What I mean by "hits" is that 68 people have searched Google for something in the last few days and clicked on a link that lead to STARTREKFANS.NET. So judging by that Google is winning the fight, but like I said not all hits are detected.

Well looking at the numbers, we haven't seen Hotbot online a lot in the past month or so but that's because they changed their name and the board doesn't recognize them anymore. The Stats page does though and here's what things look like for the month of April (Not counting the first 5 days of the month).

From all that I have read, the Inktomi Slurp is Hotbot. I don't know who Unknown might be but if you look at the numbers you can see here why I've always said that Google wins hands down because of the quality of crawl.

Inktomi (Hotbot) crawled 3,676 times and only indexed 32.85 MB of data, but Google crawled 3,438 times and indexed 109.2 MB of data.

It's like a boxing match, Hotbot it throwing 100 punches per round but only hitting with 4 or 5 of them. Google is throwing 75 punches pre round and hitting with 50 of them. Much better quality.

bots.JPG

In my opinion Google is the best, it usually find what i'm looking for I use it all the time. :rofl:

Hey, how did Google.com get up there twice?

Roy, they probably used more than one spider at some point so it registered twice.

Well gee, Kevin, thanks for using my real name. I had AE convinced I was Master Q!