Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Shatner On 'Star Trek' And Retirement

Former Captain Kirk sees no point in retiring when there is so much to do.

By T'Bonz

April 8, 2008 - 11:59 PM

William Shatner is too busy to retire, with book and television projects to keep him busy for some time to come.

As reported by AOL, Shatner sees no reason to retire. "I don't know what to retire to," he admitted. At seventy-seven, he has had plenty of irons in the fire, ranging from his role of Denny Crane on Boston Legal and filming commercials for Priceline and Worlds of Warcraft, to working on Star Trek fiction and his new autobiography Up Till Now.

Shatner would have liked to have been offered a part in Star Trek XI and was disappointed when that was not forthcoming. "It's a shame," he said. "...I would have liked to have been a part of it, but the people doing it, for some reason or other, thought otherwise, and so I'm not."

Star Trek XI's success might translate into renewed interest in Shatner's fiction books. Collision Course was Shatner's last Star Trek book and while he doesn't plan on writing another, he left the door slightly ajar. "The publishing company was very negligent on this last one," he explained. "I think they may have given up on it, so I would think that would be the last novel from me. Whether J.J. Abrams is capable of reigniting the franchise remains to be seen, and if he does, then perchance it won't be the last."

In the meanwhile, he will continue to stay busy, with a new talk show to air on the Biography network of A&E. "It'll be a weekly, half-hour show," he said. "I'll be talking to people, in the beginning, celebrities, so that people will tune in, but eventually it'll be someone's raw nerve that I might be able to talk about. That's the title: 'Raw Nerve."

To read more, head to the article located here.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/080408_02.shtml

Edited by Alterego
added story from link