Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

What was your favorite episode theme?

What was your favorite kind of episode? I loved the Ferengi Episodes. I never get tired of watching them. I also liked Garak episodes.

I also liked the Vic's episodes, I wish they had brought Vics in before the 6th season, it was such a great break from the usual kinds of episodes. Where else could you see Rom singing The Lady Is A Tramp? :laugh::laugh:

I love the Garak episodes, personally. I've only seen two or so eps with Vic, and I think when I finally get season 7, they'll rank right up there. (And I agree - hearing Rom "sing" is a real high point - that one I have seen!) :laugh:

Though I have not seen all of the DS9 episodes yet I must say I love the ones with Garak. He is so mysterious, sometimes helpful, sometimes evil, you never know who or what he really is and if he tells the truth or not...

Superb! :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

i loved battle episodes (call me a fight munger if you will)....but they really highlited the "not everything is peachy" Star Trek universe.

1) The Jem'Hadar 2) The Search

3) The Die Is Cast 4) The Adversary

5) The Way of the Warrior 6) For The Uniform

7) In Purgatory's Shadow 8) By Inferno's Light

9) Call To Arms 10) For the Uniform

11) Favor The Bold 12) Sacrafice of Angels

13) Tears Of The Prophets 14) The Seige of AR-558

15) Changing Face of Evil 16) What You Leave Behind

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a list, sorry if its long.....im in fast reply, so i dont have access to spoilers.

Anyhoo....there my fav episodes with the theme of War, Destruction...

Stardate:213668.5

My favorite are the undercover/spy episodes.Like the one where O'Brien works for Starfleet intelligence or Bashir working for Section 31.

I enjoy it when characters have to make decisions between to evils. I also like the theme that goodness prevails... like the episode where Picard was captured and tortured by the Cardies... in the end, he still did not cave.

Subversion, enigmas and deception are my favorite themes in an episode. For much the same reason I also love Garak :laugh: but of course, his great sense of humour, dry wit and timing are also great parts of his character.

I also like episodes that make me think. Past Tense, Far Beyond the Stars and Honor Among Thieves are three fantastic examples, although there are many more.

Edited by Sasooni

The episodes that stuck with me are the ones that emphasized family and friendships, especially the ones that explored the relationship between Jake Sisko and his father (The Visitor, the one in the Bajoran sailing ship, others). I like the very first and very last episode because of relationships. Even with the enormous pressures and challenges of life on the station, dealing with the Cardassians, dealing with the Dominion, dealing with war....there was caring and intmacy, and hobbies and fun! And not just the holodeck, although that was a major source of fun. The characters struggling against the Dominion were not cardboard soldiers set up to be blown away by one tribulation after another, but had complete, intimate lives, something to fight for, something to not lose. It made Siskos's final sacrifice more endearing. I love that aspect of DS9.

Definitely the Garak episodes, or for a larger scope, the Cardassian episodes. They were always full of great acting and confrontation. I am starting to like the Ferengi episodes a lot more the second time through though.

I like the Bashir episodes for perfectly shallow reasons. He's a CUTIE!! Especially the holosuite episodes or the ones with Garak. I love the interaction between Bashir and Garak. I also love the episode The Quickening.

That being said, I also love The Visitor. It was extremely well written and well-acted and the story of the relationship between father and son was touching.

I have yet to see all of DS9..I've only seen the first 3 seasons so far. But, I'll get there..I haven't seen any 'Vic' episodes yet..But I have to say that I like the Garak episodes..He is so intriguing..Never know what is going to happen..I also very much enjoyed 'Past Tense'..What a great story that was..

I have yet to see all of DS9..I've only seen the first 3 seasons so far. But, I'll get there..I haven't seen any 'Vic' episodes yet..But I have to say that I like the Garak episodes..He is so intriguing..Never know what is going to happen..I also very much enjoyed 'Past Tense'..What a great story that was..

I envy you, I wish I could watch DS9 for the first time all over again. As it is I've seen the entire series about 15 to 20 times through.

I was a big fan of both the Dominion War episodes and the mirror universe episodes

:wow::dude::clap:

I also liked the time-travel episodes involving Roswell,NM and the TOS-era

Jadzia looked great in that mini and those black boots! :lol:

I loved the episodes with Vic Fontaine.I wasn't a fan of the Mirror Universe shows.I didn't like the way the Mirror Universe had moved on after TOS (I just didn't see the big,nasty Terran Empire crumbling that fast or allowing a single man like Spock to make such sweeping changes.They would have killed him).

Though my people find aggression of any type greatly offensive,we took notice of the "Dominion War" and went to great lengths to gather intelligence on this conflict,as it may well have eventually spilled over into out territory.I myself,watched every recorded intelligence report (episode) of the Dominion War as it related to the outpost "Deep Space Nine".Though it would have mattered little to us,which side eventually won this conflict (if such a terrible thing as war can be said to be "won" by any side involved),with no offense to our new Federation alies,I found myself somewhat comforted by the ending of this terrible and costly war.I do not believe I would have been entirely comfortable as ambassador to the Dominion.

Edited by ambassador_klaatu

I loved all the Ferengi Episodes. I also enjoyed the ones that involved time travel or the ones that allowed the characters to play non trek roles.

I was happy whenever DS9 focused an episode or episodes on the Dax symbionts' past hosts.I find the Trills to be among Star Trek's most fascinating species.I also enjoyed the Mirror Universe theme.The Intendent was a very intriguing character,and so opposite to Kira Nerys.In a way,I found that I was somewhat more fond of the Intendent than Nerys.Perhaps,because she was so completely evil,and there was such a simplicity to her nature.I'm not altogether certain.Though,of course,I rooted for the "good" guys everytime they found themselves pulled into the Mirror Universe,either willingly or otherwise.Another excellent theme focused on Julian Bashir and the other genetically enhanced "super men".I loved each and every member of that little group.

I generally enjoyed every episode that featured Gul Dukat.Particularly when he was up to no good.I hated when they attempted to make him one of the "good guys".Dukat is at his best when he is the cold,calculating fascist who truly believes that he is only trying to protect the Bajora from themselves and the Federation.

Also enjoyed the Ferengi episodes. :saintdevil: :unsure:

How far along are you in your quest to see them all?

What was your favorite kind of episode? I loved the Ferengi Episodes. I never get tired of watching them. I also liked Garak episodes.

I also liked the Vic's episodes, I wish they had brought Vics in before the 6th season, it was such a great break from the usual kinds of episodes. Where else could you see Rom singing The Lady Is A Tramp?  :laugh:  :o

I really loved the contraversial episodes, such as Rejoined, Doctor Bashir I Presume and Hard Time. The issues raised in these episodes were very interesting, especially in Rejoined. This has to be one of my favorite DS9 episodes. I also enjoyed the Ferengi episodes and any episodes involving Garak.