Sign in to follow this  
SeeingEyeBorg

Klingons vs. Cardassians

Who would win? We're a bit polarized over here. If Klingons and Cardassians went to war--without external allies--while at the peak of their empires, who would win? I don't think Dabo and I ever agreed on this one....

Hmm, I think it would be a matter of who attacked first. The Klingons would definitely have the advantage if they attacked first, as seen when the Empire went after the Detapa Council. Klingons are much better on the offensive, but if the Cardassians struck first, I can see a potential stalemate.

Klingons are better on the offensive, but that's all they are good at. They don't know how to fight a defensive war, which is why the Dominion gave them just as good a pasting as they did the Federation. They also have no concept of battlefield tactics more advanced than the Napoleonic frontal assault. No concept of cunning or resource conservation as the Romulans do and I would guess their intelligence sources are crap as well.

Klingons like to fight, and they are brave in battle, but it takes more than that.

My thoughts exactly. In DS9: "Soldiers of the Empire" the Klingon Leskit talks about how it was an honor to kill Cardassians, because when you're fighting them, everything is a '"plan within a plan within a plan." Cardassians are efficient and have foresight. Capt. Kurn, however, explains to us that Klingons don't think about tomorrow, "because you may die" (as in eat, drink, and be merry).

It's hard to really say because we never really saw the Cardies at their prime. We know that they fought with the Federation and couldn't beat the Federation. Of course the same is true of the Klingons.

Don't be mislead by outward appearances though, to the Klingons Today may be a "Good Day To Die" but they do come up with plans and strategies. Don't forget "Once More Unto the Breach" with the strategies that they used there, and Kor being able to hold off 5 Jem'Hadar ships with only his wounded Bird of Prey.

It would be a hard fought war, but I have a feeling that the Klingons might come out on top.

I would say Klingons, since they have bigger and tougher ships, aren't afraid to fly their own ship into their enemies, and, if it comes down to hand-to-hand fighting, you just know that they'll come out on top... but in the end, it doesn't matter, because I win.

:P

The Klingons biggest asset is that they can just throw wave after wave of ships at an enemy. Just look how many Birds of Prey and older style Battlecrusiers they have.

I'm going with the Klingons too, the Klingons tenacity for war would eventually break the Cardies resolve but it would not be a easy win.

Imo,the Klingons would get demolished by the Cardassians :P . For all their might, Klingons lack the self-control and cunning that would be necessary to wrest a complete victory from The Cardassian Union. Plus, if Damar and Garak are an indication of the Cardassian fighting spirit, then principle and duty would only serve as a strong motivation for the Cardassians to fight to the end and snuff from existence the most overpublicized race in all of trekdom-the Klingons(yawn).

Im close quarters fighting, there would be no contest. The Klingons would win hands down using their secret halitosis weapon.............

The Klingons would totally own the Cardassians, period.

The TNG-era Cardassians were actually kind of awesome, but the TNG-era Klingons still would've slaughtered them outright till Lakarian City dripped with their blood.

And DS-9-era Klingons vs. DS-9-era Cardassians? Well, I believe General Martok summed it up best:

"Let me remind you that these are Cardassians we're standing on!"

:)

The Klingons would totally own the Cardassians, period.

The TNG-era Cardassians were actually kind of awesome, but the TNG-era Klingons still would've slaughtered them outright till Lakarian City dripped with their blood.

And DS-9-era Klingons vs. DS-9-era Cardassians? Well, I believe General Martok summed it up best:

"Let me remind you that these are Cardassians we're standing on!"

:)

:) Heheheheheh...my girl.

If only we saw the Cardassian Federation War, then we could get a good look at how they stack up. It seemed like the first time we saw the Cardassians, they were hopelessly outgunned by a Galaxy class starship. Even a Nebula class, sister class of Galaxy more for science, destroyed a freighter and Galor class ship even with them having the Phoenix's prefix codes

If only we saw the Cardassian Federation War, then we could get a good look at how they stack up. It seemed like the first time we saw the Cardassians, they were hopelessly outgunned by a Galaxy class starship. Even a Nebula class, sister class of Galaxy more for science, destroyed a freighter and Galor class ship even with them having the Phoenix's prefix codes

Yeah, I always wished we could've seen that war.

Cardassians all the way! :)

LOL--that was my initial stance until I started obsessively posing this question to everyone and heard all the different arguments.

Cardassians all the way! :)

LOL--that was my initial stance until I started obsessively posing this question to everyone and heard all the different arguments.

It is always better to go with your first instinct rather than what others think in order for you to change your mind.

Odd confession: for the first 3 seasons I've DS9 I had this weird crush on Dukat. Back then I had a thing for epic losers; there was just something utterly charming and vulnerable about guys who tried really hard but could never get anything right.

Has anyone else here ever gone through that phase?

Yeah, in real life.

It's a good thing I realized it before things got really worse.

:) Dear God. That must've really sucked...how long did things go on?

The side with the sexiest women always win. So is it Klingons or Cardassians? :rockon:

That won't work. Klingon and Cardassian chicks rock, as it is with any species.

Edited by SeeingEyeBorg

Yeah, in real life.

It's a good thing I realized it before things got really worse.

B) Dear God. That must've really sucked...how long did things go on?

Too long, waaay too long.

That's ok, we learn from our mistakes and do our best to not repeat them. It's a lesson in life. :)