Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

2009 Vegas Convention

Would you attend the STF Get Together?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend an STF Get Together in Vegas at the official Convention?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd like to, if I can. We'll see

Some of us were talking and thinking that it might be cool for a bunch of us to all meet up at the 2009 Vegas convention and have a STARTREKFANS.NET get together. Nothing elaborate like a board convention, but get together and meet in person maybe have a board Dinner at Quarks and hang out a little there at the official convention.

I think it would be cool if we could do something like this annually at the main convention. My question though is how many people would be interested in something like this?

As long as there's no major schedule conflicts with other things I'm in. :laugh: Vegas is an easy trip from Phoenix.

I want to go this year...but would come because Shatner...and he isn't coming this year. So, unfortunately I must sell my ticket. :/

But 2009 is a new year and I am coming to Vegas. :laugh:

Well so far we have 2 for a get together lol

Looks like we won't need as big a table at Quarks as I thought we might. :laugh:

Don't forget Shore Leave, VBG. There will be at least 4 of us there so far!

Well so far we have 2 for a get together lol

Looks like we won't need as big a table at Quarks as I thought we might. :laugh:

Don't forget Shore Leave, VBG. There will be at least 4 of us there so far!

I haven't forgotten, I don't know if I'll be able to make it though. There's a family reunion currently being planned and it might actually be at the same time.

I'll have to see how that all goes.

I'm a YES..I go to this convention every year anyway and I think a STF meeting would be cool..

Yeah, I thought so too. Something like a dinner at Quarks where we could all meet and have a good time over a good meal and maybe even an open bar for a while for those that may want a touch of the Bloodwine (or whatever else).

To further persuade you VBG, at Shore Leave we will be having an after party at the hotel after the Klingon Feast and I'm treating everyone to a Steak and Shrimp dinner on Saturday night

It all depends on that family reunion, one of the dates mentioned was actually that Saturday. It also depends on where it is, if it's in Alexandria I may be able to show up for some of it. If it's in Alabama then obviously I won't lol

The 2009 convention isn't set yet so we're not sure. If it's the same as this year, or close to it then it would be early August.

I'm planning on being there for sure.

So far it's Me, Mandy (RikerChick) and SpaceTigger. Anyone else?

If I can get enough people I might be able to get some kinds of group discounts, but I'll have to see about that once we have an idea of who's going to the convention.

The only real "event" that I'd plan for us would be a STARTREKFANS.NET "banquet" at Quarks for one of the nights. Of course if there's only 3 or 4 of us then "banquet" is a bit much. More like "Dinner Party" lol.

That would be cool, hopefully there will be even more people that are planning on going to the official convention that can make it to an STF Get together.

We are taking this year off at Vegas, but I would be interested in attending in 2009, schedule pernitting, if it's in early August as it has been in the past. The two Vegas Star Trek cons I've attended were fun and it was great hanging out with fellow STF.net members. There were members who were there who I didn't get to meet, so I think a get together is a GREAT idea!

SInce I've never been to Vegas, something I look forward to is having a room with a view of the strip and being able to stand in the big window at night looking down on all the people going back and forth.

Mandy and I were talking and decided that we're going to go to the convention as Captain Kirk and Lt. Marlena Moreau from the Mirror Universe in the TOS episode Mirror, Mirror.

Mandy and I were talking and decided that we're going to go to the convention as Captain Kirk and Lt. Marlena Moreau from the Mirror Universe in the TOS episode Mirror, Mirror.

K_M3.jpg

K_M2.jpg

post-162-1207661909.jpg

post-162-1207661708.jpg

Good choice! You can parade around your "Captain's Woman"....... :lol:

Good choice! You can parade around your "Captain's Woman"....... :P

:naught::howdy:

I just showed Robert the costumes, he likes them. :lol:

As long as something major does not come up between now and then I plan on attending as well.

I hope you can, I think we'll all have a good time.

Now I know....I have definitive time next year! I am in Vegas! B)

Remember....if anybody would need a room or roommate. <_<

Now I know....I have definitive time next year! I am in Vegas! B)

Remember....if anybody would need a room or roommate. <_<

I really do think everyone that is there will have a good time. I look forward to it.

I still think a board get together would be great, but with the Experience closing in a few weeks I'm wondering where (and when) would be the best place for it.

I've recently had my interest in Orlando Florida sparked again and spending a week in Orlando with the Kennedy Space Center just 30 to 45 minutes down the road sounds great (to me anyway).

I wish i can go to vegas again for a star trek convention I never been to a star trek one at all that means I need to save alot of money for a plane ticket I take it but I will have to see about it though