Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Morn

I just watched Season 4's SPecial feature disc. I thought it was great to learn that when it came time to name Morn they named him after Norm on Cheers. It was also interesting that they made Morn's head with the ability ti talk when they thought some lines might be written for him but for the entire 7 season not a single word was ever written for Morn. I like it that way. Morn is always there, he's a major fixture yet never talks. They always had a running joke about Morn talking your ear off too lol.

Stardate:213663.9

I liked Morn as well.He was definitly what you would call the strong silent type :laugh:

I always thought that he should of said something on the last episode.I thought it was cool when Quark made up that rule of Acquistion "When Morn leaves its all over"(i think i got that right)

Stardate:213663.9

I liked Morn as well.He was definitly what you would call the strong silent type :laugh:

I always thought that he should of said something on the last episode.I thought it was cool when Quark made up that rule of Acquistion "When Morn leaves its all over"(i think i got that right)

Yep that's Rule 286 lol

Morn was great! I loved the episode 'Who mourns for Morn?', he was like the person who you see every day but never talk too. A familiar stranger. Rather like some of the extras in Cheers. I also loved the way he was always just about to speak but then people interrupted him. :laugh:

I Loved Morn. He Was Always There. lol

I Even Have A Morn Action Figure, lol

And Even Though It Would Completely Ruin The Whole Appeal Of Morn...I Was Hoping That They Would Do An Episode Exposing Morn As A Founder..Since Day One he Arrived On The Station....But I'm Glad They Didn't :laugh:

I love Morn!In fact,I was so impressed with the character that I placed a Lurian aboard my ship,USS Kilimanjaro,in my fanfic stories.He's the Kilimanjaro's lounge host.I've never given him a single line of dialogue during my stories (so far),but like Morn he is reputed to be a windbag,and the captain often tells his exec' that he likes to discuss his problems with the lounge host,rather than the ship's counselor.

Morn the Lurian?Well,ahem,while my people find themselves to be amongst the most gracious and accomodating of hosts,I must say that I would rather not be around Lurians.They never cease talking!Everytime I found myself unfortunately in the company of Lurians,I knew that whenever I managed to politely "slip away" I would need to visit a doctor for headache relief!And they never allow anyone to,as you terrans say,"get a word in edgewise."Do they even bother to take a breath when talking?But,I am running along here.I just hope there are no Lurians lurking about here.... :bow:

I am a big fan of Morn.And I am happy that,in the end,the decision was made to not let Morn speak (although,to tell the truth and shame the devil,a part of me was also disappointed).

Yeah. That's interesting. I did hear about that before

Click for Spoiler:

DS9_Morn.jpg

|

|

|

|

V

norm.jpg

(The pics are from SB12)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I loved Morn.I always had the idea that he was a Han Solo-type character behind the scenes.The only difference being that he didn't brag as much.I sure wish he had been utilized more often in the storylines.And I love that he never spoke on-screen.The running joke about Morn being a chatterbox was great :P

Edited by mr_tinkles

Morn is/was an awesome character... One of my favorite scenes is when Dennis Madalone (Stunt Coordinator for DS9) had to play the part. Morn is sitting at the bar and Dennis does a little improvisation that ends up in the aired episode. Dennis/Morn looks at his apparently empty glass, tips the glass, puts his finger into the glass to get the last drops of the drink!

After my one day as an extra, I was truely amazed as just how much detail is put into every episode that sometimes gets lost in the backgroud...

Here's a shot from the Paramount lot of Morn and two very lucky fans (one of which is me!) from that day that I will never forget. (See my other post for more info...)

02.jpg

I've been rewatching some season 3 episodes, and yesterday I watched Visionary. I had forgotten about the scene where Miles had Quark put up the dart board and when he told Quark to try it, Quark threw 3 darts at once. They went flying all over the place and a couple of them ended up hitting Morn. Morn is sitting there looking like a pin cushion, and calmly starts pulling the darts out of himself. :laugh: The incredible thing is that the scene lasts only a few seconds, but it's sooo funny. :klingon: He was really a great addition to DS9.

I've been rewatching some season 3 episodes, and yesterday I watched Visionary.  I had forgotten about the scene where Miles had Quark put up the dart board and when he told Quark to try it, Quark threw 3 darts at once.  They went flying all over the place and a couple of them ended up hitting Morn.  Morn is sitting there looking like a pin cushion, and calmly starts pulling the darts out of himself.  :klingon:  The incredible thing is that the scene lasts only a few seconds, but it's sooo funny. :laugh: He was really a great addition to DS9.

I have to agree that scene was one of the funniest ones that I have ever seen in Trek.

Guest Viper

In the original script for "Emissary" The opening lines were spoken by Morn but later left on the editing room floor. In case your wondering the dialog was a joke, it's supposed to be the funniest joke in unverse an goes like this.

Biblism finger flink. Obligatory joke fellow. Coconutconcertina cosmological argument. Banks fall fish story. Inculpate minuteman! Stress certify lecithin? Hard-hearted dill, I domineer mindreader sextuple garden fly honeysuckle garbage poultry rimfire?! GREENPEACE!! Change is the ultimate solution.

I think it must lose something in the translation.

EDIT: Closed Tags

I just watched Season 4's SPecial feature disc. I thought it was great to learn that when it came time to name Morn they named him after Norm on Cheers. It was also interesting that they made Morn's head with the ability ti talk when they thought some lines might be written for him but for the entire 7 season not a single word was ever written for Morn. I like it that way. Morn is always there, he's a major fixture yet never talks. They always had a running joke about Morn talking your ear off too lol.

Hi there :lol:

I love how everytime I see Morn on a DS9 episode, he is sitting at the end of the bar, by himself and not saying a word. It makes me laugh that he is supposed to be a real 'chatterbox' and whenever we see him, he is sitting alone. Even Quark doesn't talk to him - does he ever try to do a deal with Morn?? I have only seen season 1 and about eight episodes of season 2. My housemate and I are watching it from the beginning (she is a Trekkie and I've just become one :eek: )

Linda