Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How did the Voth escape Earth?

The idea they survived the extinction event then built warp ships is just too fantastic for me to believe.

The only logical way I can see they escaped the EE on Earth is if Aliens rescued a few of them beforehand then replanted them somewhere else where they continued to evolve.

Thoughts?

I thought they evacuated Earth using ships that are only capable of impulse, and then developed warp drive later on, when they were already in space.

I thought about that too. I just had an image of an archeologist dusting off a claw holding a little fossilised leaf blower or something. Gardinerasaurus kinda thing. Or a little hari drier - Hairdresserasaurus :lol:

My personal theory is that the species developed and evolved just like us at the time, probably, of First Contact/Enterprise level of technology, although there were hundreds of thousands of other diverse species amongst them which were less evolved, like our animals today - T'Rex's being like their equivalent of our lions and so forth. They obviously predicted that the Earth was doomed and so built ships to excape the catastrophy and maybe took as much of value wth them to add to their ships since they knew they were going to be travelling for a long time. The meteorite damage on Earth may have casued tremendous earth-quakes with magmatic eruptions and so forth (I am really just making that up, but you get the idea) which may have just incinerated all evidence of technology and building. They may have used some sort of organic technology which could more easily be evaporated. The fossils we see today are just those one or two random dinosaurs from the beginning of time that got caught in mud etc and became fossilised. Maybe one day they'll find that Hairdresserasaur though...

I don't think it matters that much whether they developed warp drive before leaving Earth or after. Remember, the Delta Quadrant is less than 400 light years from Earth, and that isn't counting wormholes and such, so even at sublight speeds they could have gotten there long before humanity evolved.

However, they must have had some basic space-worthy technology before the mass extinction because they wouldn't have had the resources to develop it after. I think it is likely they knew the mass extinction event was going to happen and made plans to either avoid it or survive it much the same way we look for large meteors now.

The idea they survived the extinction event then built warp ships is just too fantastic for me to believe.

The only logical way I can see they escaped the EE on Earth is if Aliens rescued a few of them beforehand then replanted them somewhere else where they continued to evolve.

Thoughts?

Not saying this is indeed how they left, there's no need for them to built "warp" ships when they left Earth, could be the old basic.

The thing about aliens is highly likely

I would probably go with the theory of them using non warp ships then developing warp travel as they were going along.

Remember, the Delta Quadrant is less than 400 light years from Earth,

Um, how do you figure that? The Beta Quadrant is the closest quadrant, and even that's not that close.

Actually my math was wrong, it is less than 200 light years away. We know this because Archer predicted that the message the resurrected Borg sent should reach the Delta Quadrant at light speed in about 200 years.

No, they said 200 years for a subspace message to get there. Subspace travels faster than light. Case in point, Archer talking to Admiral Forrest while dozens of light-years away from Earth without the messages taking dozens of years to go from one to the other.

Hi

A quick measurement in Star Trek star charts map of milky way galaxy gave the result of about 30.000 light Years from Local Space to the deltaquardrant. About 25.000 to center of galaxy.

Kim

Thoughts?

That's pretty much my theory as well. Maybe a species that has a propulsion systems a lot more advanced then Warp Drive. Maybe the same or similar people who took the ones Voyager found that was taken from Earth in the 1930's.