Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What a waste of money .....

Every time I see something totally idiotic - I think I've seen all - but they keep coming.

foxnews

Basically, the good folks of London are padding lamposts because people run into them while texting.

So basically, if you're too stupid to watch where you're going - no worries you're not responsible.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

"The test lampposts will be given a trial run in London’s East End on Brick Lane."

Next they will be tested in Concrete Lane, Cement Lane and Stone Lane, areas where it really hurts if you hit the street! :P

"The survey found that almost two thirds of respondents lost peripheral vision while texting, and more than a quarter wanted lines on the pavement to create routes for texters to walk while using their phones."

Wouldn't it be fun to paint the lanes so they cris-crossed, deliberately led into a lampost, or just went in circles? :laugh:

"The study claims that 68,000 people were injured in the U.K. last year while chatting or texting on their cell phone, Infomatics reports."

Maybe it's just nature's way of culling the herd ... :frusty:

Edited by trekz

What bothers me is that the idea will spread to the U.S. and some idiot will sue the government for not padding lamp posts and 12 even bigger idiots will award idiot #1 the money.

We need some of these folks to win Darwin Awards instead.

its loopy, people should text when they don'tneed to concentrate on where the heck they are going. Typical nanny state I live in *shakes head*