Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Church Urges Hanky Panky Among Members

Church Urges Hanky Panky Among Members

AP

Posted: 2008-02-18 23:05:22

YBOR CITY, Fla. (AP) - A southwest Florida church issued a challenge for its married members: Hanky panky every day. Relevant Church head pastor Paul Wirth issued the 30-day sex challenge to take on high divorce rates.

"And that's no different for people who attend church," Wirth said Sunday. "Sometimes life gets in the way. Our jobs get in the way."

The challenge doesn't extend to unwed congregants, however.

:P

I think the key word was this was advice for married congregants. The advice for the non-married - total abstinence for 30 days - which is odd because most Christian churches anyway teach the latter should be a regular practice.

As for birth control - I can only think of one church that considers it a sin

But doesn't the church also teach that birth control is a sin?

Like I ever listened. :P

gummy, the problem among most church goers are that we never listen. we just sit there with a radio listening to the football game, and when the pastor says amen, you say "oh come on, that was a cheap call and you know it."

Daily hanky panky as a challenge? :P I can't speak for anyone elses marriage, but that's the norm around here.

Like I ever listened. :P

gummy, the problem among most church goers are that we never listen. we just sit there with a radio listening to the football game, and when the pastor says amen, you say "oh come on, that was a cheap call and you know it."

Sounds like you were sitting near me during one of the few Sundays that I went.

Daily hanky panky as a challenge? :P I can't speak for anyone elses marriage, but that's the norm around here.

For some people it is.

Sex at 20: "Again? We just did it! OK, but I'm on top this time."

Sex at 30: "Hey, my hip. Off! Get off!!"

I believe the Catholic Church does but I do not believe my church does.

As for birth control - I can only think of one church that considers it a sin

Good point. But consider that when the Bible was written there was no such thing as birth control. So how could using it be a sin?

First of all that's not entirely true - ancient Egypt did have some forms of birth control.

I could also come up with a doctrinal answer but I'm guessing it would be longer than you really want to read.

I wouldn't read this as some mainstream church. It must be easy to get a minister's license in Florida - when I worked in Jacksonville our company had several employees (male and female) who had their own church on Sundays.

I found some more about the Rev Wirth - apparently the church meets in a club and is under the alternate church movement.