Sign in to follow this  
He Who Shall Not Be Named

Why Enterprise was cancelled

OK, you want to know why UPN decided to cancel Enterprise?

It wasn't because of low ratings.

It wasn't because of bad writing.

It wasn't because of fan disgust.

It was because the most diehard supporters of the show were people like

:P

With support like that, ENT needed no enemies.

have you two been breeding again?

Shouldn't there be a law against that? :P :P

We can only hope...

I seriously can't stop watching this thing. Its addictive....... :P

Does this mean we will have to stage an intervention to cure Kor from this addiction?

Dude... what's with the constant sunglasses? I think that is what made them end our beloved ENT!!! :(

:o :P :P

I'm not laughing...

I just don't "get" people who wear sunglasses indoors...

That's what everyone keeps asking me at work and school...

I'm not laughing...

I just don't "get" people who wear sunglasses indoors...

It shouldn't reflect badly on the person who's wearing them.

Are you suggesting banning (Ray-banning) the wearing of sunglasses indoors?

It's a personal choice to wear sunglasses indoors, so lighten up! :P

He's just afraid that if he took his shades off, we will discover the real truth that he is an alien..... :P

I'm sorry my friend it was because of all the reasons you've listed

(1) Low ratings - when the core fan base you depend upon stop watching and it stops attracting new viewers - who is watching it ?

(2) 2D Characters - lets be honest I've seen more humanity in a plank of wood than in most of the characters on ENT (except Trip he was OK)

(3) Storylines - were there any original story lines in it other than the terrible carbon copies of issues already covered in the other ST series ?

Now I did watch until the end hoping it would get better but it never did

I hope that answers a few questions you had

It may have been cancelled, but not every fan disliked the series, including myself, and I was watching ST all the way back when TOS was first syndicated, so I'd call myself pretty close to an original-era fan.I know what I like, and that's all that matters to me.

Maybe if we true fans of ENT had it on all the multiple TV's we have, we could've picked up the ratings enough.

Hey...just got a great idea. Maybe the next Trek movie will be the ENT crew! :weird::notworthy:

Let's create a singularity, drop in some red matter...and send in the entire cast-with all possible precautions-so they will perhaps reboot TATV...and restart the whole series, from there on-CONNOR among them, especially!Yeah, yeah...we can dream, can't we? And we can still write our fanfic. No studio axe can stop that, gang!!!'Fraid Abramstrek is it for now-but I can live with that...if not what some of us would like otherwise...

look if i had said it once i'll say it again, Paramounts biggest downfall was making the entire thrid season of Enterprise all about the Xindi. It was pretty much a turning point for both the producers and the writers by the time they were done with the thrid season were they actually said to themselves, "ok we messed up."

ratings were down the toliet, and with the fourth season just about finishing up filming, Paramount pretty much gave the death sentence behind closed doors before they announced publicly when "In a Mirror, Darkly" premiered. At least they saved the best stories for last for the last season, where you get to learn about the Eugenic Wars, how the Romulans became more involved, not to mention, you finally get to see Section 31 at it's earliest.

And before i finish my ranting, the only other good episodes in Enterprise were the Mirror Mirror episodes. i mean hell, they paid homage to the orginal episode and not to mention actually explaining what happened to the USS Defiant.

Which would explain my shock and perplexity back then-long before I had internet-or a computer-when TPTB canned the series, even before the May Sweeps were to come...I thought, good grief, they were hitting their stride, and now....stupid move. I don't pretend to understand all the inner workings of Hollywood. I just know what I enjoy.And at times when I hear the ENT theme, or Archer's theme, I think, what might have been....given how even among the critics, many give credit to S4, for going the right way. Just goes to prove they deserved one more shot at it before the axe fell.