Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Martok 08

sorry it's a time for a woman in the white house - I'm voting for K'Ehyler.

But she's dead, Duras killed her... :jem'hadar:

Actually, neither she nor Martok have been born yet - so if we're reaching into the future to nab prospects we'll just nab her from a time when she was still alive - or an alternate timeline or whatever.

What about those Duras sisters? :jem'hadar: Two strong women destroying the opposition - literally :assimilated:

Sorry, if I could vote I'd have to go with this ticket:

Picard/Riker 08

Either them, or the Federation President from "Articles of the Federation", Nanietta Bacco.

What about those Duras sisters? :jem'hadar: Two strong women destroying the opposition - literally :assimilated:

Also dead.

Picard/Riker 08

Either them, or the Federation President from "Articles of the Federation", Nanietta Bacco.

What about those Duras sisters? :naughty: Two strong women destroying the opposition - literally <_<

Also dead.

Hmmm. When I tried to point out in the "How should Wesley die" thread that maybe we could acknowledge that this admittedly "fun for some" thread about a fictional character could actually be hurtful to Wil Wheaton's feelings, I was told by several posters that it's all in fun. When I jump into the fantasy in this thread and suggest the Duras sisters as candidates, I get told they're "dead." They are fictional characters! from a science fiction show! They were never really alive, and if they had been, as TUH pointed out, they wouldn't have been born yet and could travel in time or be alive in another domension. But, no, they don't exist. :frusty: :lol:

^ Nobody in this thread is suggesting ways of how Lursa & B'Etor should die, or that Barbara March and Gwynyth Walsh are bad actresses. They're just saying that they died in the Trekverse, which is true enough. Someone also suggested K'Ehleyr, and it was also pointed out that she is dead. Again, I don't think anybody was trying to bash Suzie Plakson...just stating a fact.

At any rate, back to the original topic:

I think Martok has several strong choices for a running mate...

- Worf (my personal choice)

- Sirella (I'd really rather see her as a first lady, though)

- Drex (Martok's son; not my top choice...has issues)

- Garak (Martok respected Garak's ability to tackle his own inner fears...plus, Garak could get all that sneaky underhanded stuff taken care of while Martok handles the war stuff)

Picard/Riker 08

What about those Duras sisters? <_< Two strong women destroying the opposition - literally :frusty:

Also dead.

Hmmm. When I tried to point out in the "How should Wesley die" thread that maybe we could acknowledge that this admittedly "fun for some" thread about a fictional character could actually be hurtful to Wil Wheaton's feelings, I was told by several posters that it's all in fun. When I jump into the fantasy in this thread and suggest the Duras sisters as candidates, I get told they're "dead." They are fictional characters! from a science fiction show! They were never really alive, and if they had been, as TUH pointed out, they wouldn't have been born yet and could travel in time or be alive in another domension. But, no, they don't exist. :naughty: :lol:

^ Nobody in this thread is suggesting ways of how Lursa & B'Etor should die, or that Barbara March and Gwynyth Walsh are bad actresses. They're just saying that they died in the Trekverse, which is true enough. Someone also suggested K'Ehleyr, and it was also pointed out that she is dead. Again, I don't think anybody was trying to bash Suzie Plakson...just stating a fact.

At any rate, back to the original topic:

I think Martok has several strong choices for a running mate...

- Worf (my personal choice)

- Sirella (I'd really rather see her as a first lady, though)

- Drex (Martok's son; not my top choice...has issues)

- Garak (Martok respected Garak's ability to tackle his own inner fears...plus, Garak could get all that sneaky underhanded stuff taken care of while Martok handles the war stuff)

I never meant to infer that anyone was bashing the Duras sisters or the actresses that portrayed tham.

My point is that when I tried to be logical and point out in another thread that despite the fun of bashing Wesley (which I have been guilty of in the past) that might also have the side effect of reflecting on Wil Wheaton, I was told it was all in fun. When I jumped into suggesting the Duras sister, purely on a whim, as candidates who would be tough and ruthless, I was hit with the "reality" that they are dead in the Trek universe. Yet all these candidates are incapable of being on the ballot in 2008 because the are not alive! I was simply trying to say that I felt frustrated by the shifting "realities" of what could and couldn't be suggested in this very fictional thread. That's all I was trying to say.

Trekz, do you not ever tire of being the lone voice of reason in the wilderness. I am both baffled and amused that someone could dismiss my (and your) suggestion with a "they're dead". To be dead one must be alive and hopefully every one here is aware that none of these characters are real - never were they alive and hence all of them equally available to serve if elected.

Talk about cold water thrown in your face.

Oh come on, Data should be President. Yes, he was gone too. But what the heck.

Who would be more logical than Data?

Ben Sisko's got my vote. Bold, decisive, a true man of the people. Sisko has proven himself able to appeal to secular and religious groups, and let's not forget his brilliant wartime leadership. Sisko took down the Dominion. And Osama is no Founder..... <_<

Ben Sisko's got my vote. Bold, decisive, a true man of the people. Sisko has proven himself able to appeal to secular and religious groups, and let's not forget his brilliant wartime leadership. Sisko took down the Dominion. And Osama is no Founder..... <_<

I liked Sisko too for the same reasons......until he got brainwashed into thinking he was some kind of prophet. That ruined him for me.