TOS - 79 episodes

2 episodes = 1 volume

40 volumes = complete series

$20 - 1 volume

$800 - 40 volumes

TNG - 7 seasons

$100 - 1 season

$700 - 7 seasons

As you can see, TOS volumes are WAAAAAAY to expensive!

Anyone think TOS season sets will come out after VOY?

TOS is the one Trek show I've hardly seen any episodes of. :wow:

I hope they come out with TOS season sets. It would save me a lot of money. I haven't bought any of the volumes, cause they're just too expensive.

You really need to watch more TOS, Jean-Luc. :wow:

Guest Ktrek

I think I remember reading somewhere that Paramount has no plans to re-release TOS in a season set at this time. I have to admit that I'm a sucker and shoved out $600 at BestBuy for them when they were only $14.99 each. I think now they are $17.99. As far as transfer quality they far surpass TNG and DS9. It's like seeing the episodes for the very first time. The quality is so good you can even read the details on the computer screens. I wonder if Gene thought ahead and knew this would be a detail that should not be overlooked. Mudd's criminal record is interesting to see.

I'm hoping that when Voyager is finished they will release the Animated series in a single box set. I have all the VHS tapes but I would love to see what those would look like remastered for DVD.

Ktrek

I have been holding off buying the 2 episode volumes of TOS in the hope season box-sets would be become available soon but I think I am going to give up, break down and just buy what I can while I still can.

Ktrek, it is because of your gushing testimonial I have made this choice! :devil: :bow:

Guest Ktrek

Cool Alterego! :bow: I don't think you will regret it!!! I never have! :)

Ktrek

TOS is one they could really do at any time and not worry about the order like with TNG DS9 and VOY. I'm thinking they will at some point though.

Like Ktrek I also read that they have no plans of releasing TOS as a box set. I still have yet to get any of TOS DVD's but I will most likely start building my collection one disc at a time. One of the things that bugged me even more than the fact that there's only two episodes per volume is that there are no special features! One of my favorite things about DVD's is that they can include extra stuff and for $15 a volume I really wish they had.

Guest Ktrek
It's $20 a volume where I live... B)

$20 a volume!!! :wow: That's too bad. Perhaps you could find them online for less; like from Amazon.com or ebay. $800 is alot to spend on them! Course $600 isn't cheap either but I had the money and we went for it. I'm also buying all the box sets as they come out. For one thing they are cheaper when they are first issued then they raise the price. The other thing is that it's alot easier to collect the seasons as they come out, and alot less financially painful, than if you get behind and have to buy several to get caught up. Putting back a couple dollars a day in a ST pot will pay for the sets. I'd rather have ST than that doughnut and coffee every day! :wow:

Ktrek

Hmm... I do have 3 TOS volumes. Maybe I should just collect one at a time till the season sets come out, then sell them abd buy the season sets?

I can't afford to buy the season sets as they come out. TOO MUCH MONEY!!!

Instead, my dad buys the first season set for each show, then I buy the rest via lay-away at Wal-Mart. :wow: