Sign in to follow this  
Marie

Star Trek: My Parody

Planet of the Thex

Chapter One:

It started off as an ordinary day in the year 2008. I met my friends infront of the cafeteria and we discused the up-coming events. Mostly, there were tow big field trips --one to Canada and the other to the USS Enterprise.

"So which one can't you wait for, Marie? Field trips, I mean," said Chloe.

"Well, I want to go to Canada to be with you and my other friends, but I also want to meet, and maybe impress, some cute Federation guys."

"Is that why you're joing the Federation?" asked Hannah as she elbowed me and winked, "Eh? Eh?"

"Maybe," I said slowly, " No, not really. I just believe that the Federation is doing wonders to contact the peoples of other worlds...and my dad is the Star Fleet Commander."

"A week in outer space should be fun, even though it is a learning trip."

"It was fun when Marie and I interned for the Federation during the summer," said Chloe.

"Yeah, and this should be good since I want to be a part of the Federation anyway," I said.

"I thought we were going to be teachers together," said Chloe, a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, The Federation is launching a the Freedom Fighter Space Station and they'll need children on board to teach the children."

"Really?" Chloe perked up a bit.

"Yeah, since my dad is the Commander, our jobs are being held. The Freedom Fighter launches in 2014 and we should be our of college in 2013."

"oh Marie! You put in a good word for me!" Chloe exclaimed as she gave me a hug.

"Well you are one of my two best friends. I know you'll do great."

We began to walk to our lockers. The trip was today ane we'd be beaming up at 8:15 am. It was hard to believe that we were the only ones who signed up for the trip. We had our bags with us and decided to grab capaccinoes before we left for outer space.

"How do you guys like the school uniforms?" asked Hannah.

"I like how they're black because I love black, but it makes me feel sad that I can't wear jeans and boots anymore to school," I replied.

"You can still wear boots, note what you're wearing right now. It's standard for both genders," said Chloe, "At least we still get casual Friday."

"I agree with both of you. I like the Federation-style uniforms but there's a lack of uniqueness and personalitybecause of the uniforms," said Hannah, "Guys, we'd better get going. It's ten after and we still have to go to the office to pick up our school work and walk to the front of the building.

"Yeah," said Chloe.

We grabbed our bags and picked up our work at the office. We continued to the front of the building. It was exactly a quarter after when we were beamed up onto the USS Enterprise.

We were in the transporter room, two men were standing behind the control panels and another four people were standing beside them.

One man (average height, handsome, blondish-brown hair, yellow Federation shirt) walked up to us and said, "I am Captain Kirk. Welcome to the Enterprise. You must be Chloe, Hannah, and Marie. This is my crew: Mr. Spock, my frist officer and the science officer; Mr. Scott, my Chief engineer and second officer; Dr. McCoy; Mr. Sulu, my helmsman; Mr. Chekov, my navigator; and Lieutenant Uhora, my communications officer."

"How do you do?" said Hannah and Chloe in unison.

I shook Captain Kirk's hand, "I believe you know my father, the Commander."

"Commander Rodgers? Yes, of course. I'm sorry, I didn't realize he had a daughter."

"Yes. Chloe and I are interested in joining the Federation and perhaps even Star Fleet."

"Really?"

"Yes sir. She and I will be teachers on the Freedom Fighter when it launches in 2014."

"Yeah. I'm teaching English literature and Marie's teaching history," said Chloe.

"Well, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we're happy to have such eager minds aboard the Enterprise," said Captain Kirk.

"We're glad to be here too, Captain," said hannah.

"Mr. Spock, would you show our guests to their quarters?" asked Captain Kirk.

"Yes Captain," replied Mr. Spock

"Why are you so stoic?" asked Hannah to Spock as he led us to our quarters.

"I am not stoic. I just find it illogical to express human emotions at a time when none are needed."

"You're a halfling, aren't you?"

"If by 'halfling' you mean half human and half Vulcan, then yes I am."

"Do you suffer from a Napoleon Complex? All the halflings I know suffer from Napoleon Complexes."

"No, I do not suffer from a Napoloeon Complex."

"It must be cool to have a dad that commands the Federation and Star Fleet," said Hannah as we settled into our quarters.

"Yeah, it's cool when you don't have to hear the same stories over and over again," I laughed as I unpacked my bag.

"What's that? A field journal?"

"Yeah, Chloe got it for me."

"It's an old one, Hannah," said Chloe.

"I was gonna say, because mine looks a lot different," said Hannah, "Is that an FJ-24?"

"Older," said Chloe, "FJ-22."

"I make due with it though. I have the new FJ-26 for school," I said, "This one is more or less just my diary. I take it everywhere."

We finished unpacking and made our way to the bridge. Captain Kirk was seated in his chair and Mr. Spock stood beside him.

"Captain," said Mr. Chekov, "We seem to be approaching an unknown planet."

"That was unexpected," I said.

"Uh, chyeah," said Hannah.

"Captain," said Lt. Uhora, "I'm getting a signal. It sounds like a woman."

"Screen on," said Captain Kirk, sitting back in his seat. Once the screan came on, all the men, except for Spock, perked up. A beautiful woman was on the screan and Captain Kirk said, "This is Captain James T. Kirkof the USS Enterprise. What is your business?"

"I am Ingbar and my ship has crashed on this planet. I feel as though I may be in danger and I need some big, strong men to come down here and help me," said the beautiful woman.

Edited by Marie

Chapter Two

"Mr. Spock, put together the landing party," ordered Captain Kirk, "You girls should be fine here."

"I'd much rather go," said Chloe.

"Yeah, me too," said Hannah.

"Can we, please?" I asked.

"As First Officer, I do not think it would be logical to allow you three to go," said Mr. Spock, "It may be too dangerous."

"Oh, oh God," said Hannah, "Don't get them started."

"Dangerous? Dnagerous?" said Chloe.

"Let me tell you something Mr. Spock," I said, "When only 300 Spartans went to war against the Persians, was it dangerous?"

"When the Patriots went to war against the British, was it dangerous?" asked Chloe.

"When charles Darwin instilled his theory of evolution and challenged the teachings of the Church, was it dangerous?"

"When our chemistry teacher put pure sodium in water to show us the chemical reaction, was it dangerous?"

"When my coach made me wrestle a 275 pound boy for practice, was it dangerous?"

"Do you see, Mr. Spock?" asked Chloe.

"Plenty of things have been dangerous but that has never stopped anyone from prevailing before," I said.

"As Captain of this Star Ship, I will permit you three to go down with us," said Captain Kirk.

"Thank you," Chloe and I said in unison.

We beamed down onto the planet. The landing party consisted of the Captain, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Chekov, Hannah, Chloe, and myself. The terrain of the planet was rather strange. The ground was comprised of warped rock, probably metamorphic, and glowing green plants were all around. The atmosphere was hot and heavy. It was unlike anything I had ever seen.

"Mr. Spock," addressed Captain Kirk, "Do you have any readings?"

"Yes, Captain," replied Spock looking at his instrument, "I am picking up a signal of a ship due east from here. It must be her's."

We walked for hours in silence until we saw the ship. Ingbar was standing outside, in a skimppy bikini top and "I Dream of Jeanie" style pants.

"Hello Captain Kirk," said Ingbar in a sexy, sewwt voice. She looked at Chloe, Hannah, and I, "I only wanted men to come."

"We could not just bring only men," said Kirk.

She looked at me, cocked her head to one side and said, "You are keeping a secret from your friends, little one."

"No, no I am not," I said quickly.

Chapter Three

"You are keeping a secret," Ingbar said again.

I sighed," Fine. I'm pregnant."

"No, you are not."

I turned to my friends, "I swear I was going to tell you guys."

"What is it?" asked Hannah.

"You can tell us," said Chloe.

"Come with me," we took a few steps away from the group and I pushed my hair behind my ears to reveal the points, "I'm part Vulcan."

"You're a halfling?" asked Hannah.

"No, I'm only a quarter."

"Why did you keep that a secret?" asked chloe, "Aren't you proud of your heritage?"

"Yeah, but I've told others and now they don't talk to me. I'm mub; Italian, Puerto Rican, and Vulcan."

We walked over to the rest of the landing party. Apparently, they heard everything and Spock still stood all stoic.

"Do you men wish to enter my craft? So you can help me with my difficulties?" asked Ingbar.

"Yes. Mr. Spock, you keep watch out here with the girls," said Kirk.

Kirk, Scotty, McCoy, and Chekov disappeared into the craftwith Ingbar. Spock, Hannah, Chloe, and I all stood in silence for a long time. My naturally inquisitive mind found it strange that Ingbar didn't want any women to come to the planet; I found it strange how she knew I was Vulcan. That woman may just be the epitome of abnormalness (if there is such a word, of course).

"Something's not right," said Chloe.

"So you can sense it too?" I asked.

"Why didn't she want women to come down here? How did she know you were Vulcan?"

"Spock, uh, Mr. Spock, do you have any idea why?" I asked.

"Negative. I do not know more than you do here. It's almost as if she were a siren and led us here for a different purpose that what she proposed," he replied in a rather logical manner.

"Well spoken," said Hannah.

"You're Captain Kirk's second-in-command, Mr. Spock. What do you suppose we do?" asked Chloe.

"I think we should go in there," I sad, "If it seems logical to you, Mr. Spock."

"It does seem logical. Let us go in and see what is occuring," replied Spock.

We boarded the ship. It was about the size, if not smaller than, the Enterprise. We walked down the deserted halls, our boots making tap tap tapping sounds as we walked through the cool metal ship.

"I have a hunch," said Hannah, "That this is not her space craft."

"I feel the same way," said Chloe.

We continued to walk and then, we heard a yell not too far from us. We bolted down the hall and we saw what was going on. Ingbar was transforming right infront of our very eyes. One moment, she was beautiful green woman and the next, she was an ugly worm.

Looks like Ingbar was keeping a secret of her own. I thought I looked like heck before noon...yikes," I said.

"Spock, do you have any idea what that...that thing is?" asked Hannah.

"I believe it is a Thex," he replied, "They consume rocks and all living organisms. They can transfor into beautiful women and seduce men so they can eat their souls," he read off his tricorder.

"Does it have any weaknesses?" asked Chloe.

"Its only weakness is the thexococoline plant. It's a shrub-like plant that glows green."

"I saw some of those," I said, "We should go and extract them." Hannah and Chloe looked at me, "What?"

"You're the one with the 99 average in botony," said Hannah.

"Fine, I'll do it. Try to destract her until I get back." I ran off as fast as I could.

Chapter Four

I got back to the ship and to the landing party. Between my asthma and the low atmospheric pressure, my chest was on fire. I met them all and handed over the plants.

"On my word," said Kirk.

"Unleash hell," said Chloe.

"Aim for the mouth," said Kirk looking at her.

"That's what she said," said Hannah.

"NOW!!"

We all threw the plants and the Thex chomped down on them. A loud rumbling noise sounded and she began to expand.

"I don't like the sound of that, Jim," said McCoy and we all high-tailed it out of there.

We all high-tailed it out of there.

"Holy crap!" said Hannah.

We all stood: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, McCoy, Chekov, Chloe, Hannah, and I. When the Thex exploded, so did the ship. Luckily, we were all outside.

"Captain Kirk to Enterprise, prepare to beam us up," spock Kirk into his communicator.

We beamed back aboard and went to the bridge.

"Maire, I just told Chloe and Hannah. We will be having a formal dinner to commemorate the arrival of you three to the Enterprise," said Kirk, "My yoeman, Janice Rand,is taking care of measurements and color preference for a formal dress."

"Yes sir. Is there anywhere I can get some work done? I need to perform a lab for chemistry and need some specific chemicals."

"I will take you to the lab," said Spock.

"Thank you. Chloe and Hannah will come too, no use in performing the esterification of asprin three times and wasting chemiclas and asprin."

"She's very coy," said Kirk.

"What do you mean, Captain?" replied Spock.

"I mean, she likes you, Spock. Don't you see how she looks at you?"

"Hey Maire, can you light my fire?" asked Hannah.

"Excuse me?"

"The Bunsen burner."

We worked on our lab, the esterification of asprin, and I kept stealing glances at Spock here and there. We balanced our equations, cleaned up the lab, and left to get our dinnerwear.

Janice Rand was nice as she took our measurements and color preferences. She came back with the gowns and we all got ready for the dinner.

When I entered, Hannah whistled and said, "Gentlemen, set your phasers on stunning." I wore just a simple black dress and pulled my hair back into a ponytail so my pointed ears were visible.

"Thanks, Hannah."

"So, tell us a little about yourselves, girls," said Kirk.

"Well," began Chloe, "I'm 16 and I enjoy reading and writing poetry. I like chemestry--"

"CHEMOLOGIST!!" shouted Hannah and I in unison.

"I want to teach people of foreign nations and planets English. I'm going to join the Federation after I graduate."

Hannah began, "I like hanging out with my friends and instant messaging. I like music but I can't sing or dance well. I like some poems--"

"And that orange, it made me so happy," Chloe and I said in unison.

"Haha. I'm a pretty normal 16 year old."

"I'm 17," I began, "I enjoy reading, writing, studying, and wrestling. Chloe and I were on the acedemic team together. I'm training to be a firefighter and am EMT. I like to sing. I'll be joining the Federation alongside my parents when I graduate."

The dinner went smoothly, I think. Hannah and Chekov have a bit in common, same with Chloe and Kirk. Scotty and I had a rousing debate about who was better: Robert Louis Stevenson or Jules Verne.

All in all, it was a good day and it would be interesting to see what happens next.

“The impact of space activities is nothing less than the galvanizing of hope and imagination for human life continuum into a future of infinite possibility.”

~~Vanna Bonta

Hey all, I'm back!! This is an introduction to the story...part II is still underway, but I should be finished with it shortly. For now, here's my introduction, enjoy!! Please note the following changes to part I: the year is 2030, not 2008 and the year we're entering the new starship is 2036.

The year is 2030 an a lot has changed since the 21st century. With advancements in science and technology, the United Federation of Planets was able to start a new Academy. Even the senery looks different. There are no small, close-knit comunities anymore, the city is now the norm. Everything is made to benefit the planet and the multiple peoples who enhabit it. We live in a "green city" where everything is good for the planet. Our own food is grown, so that no one has to rely on food coming from from countries with poor irrigation systems or the use of pesticides. Vehicles no longer rely on gasoline, but soley on electricity or hydrogen. Whater is filtered through tiny strands of tubes, too small for the salt and bacteria to go through, but large enough for the water molecules to go through. It's a paradise and I wouldn't rather live anywhere else.

My best friends and I are high school juniors in the high school. We have a diverse high school--humans, Vulcans, Klingons, and other all coexisting. You can imagine the obvious racial and discriminatory problems we have in this school. It's a good high school, focusing primarily on acedemics and athletics. Despite the horrible economic turn in the state in the 21st century, the state has managed to gain more revenue and was able to come out of the near-depression to become one of the wealthiest states in the United North American States.

Science class...one of my favorite classes beside history. It was the end of the class, just before the period was over, when Professor Zulan told the class about an upcomin trip.

"You are all at the age where you're deciding what you want to do after graduation. Some of you, I hope, are joining the federation and going to the Academy. if so, the USS Enterprise is hosting a week-long experience for students. I know at least one of you is going on the trip, Marie, as your father is the Starfleet commander."

"Yes sir," I replied.

"For others of you who choose to go, I'm sure it will be a rewarding and educational trip." With that, the tones sounded and the students dispersed.

"So what do you think, Hannah?" Chloe asked as we walked to the commons area.

"I don't know...I may go. It would be interesting."

"At least your fathers didn't already sign you up to go. He assumes that because he donated half of his DNA to me that I'd want to be in the Federation."

"Aren't both of your parents in the Federation?" asked Hannah.

"Yeah."

"My dad's in the Fderation," said Chloe.

"What ship?"

"The uh...um...jeez, I can't remember," she hesitated, "Anyway, Jeff's going to the Academy soon."

"If he passes," Hannah scoffed.

The rest of the school day seemed to pass quickly. Although he neglected to ask me, my father was right...I did want to go on the trip--to be on the Enterprise alongside Captain James Kirk and his crew...to be on that legendary starship surrounded by all those great men and women.

When the rail transit stopped and I reached my family's apartment, I noticed that my father wasn't home again, still busy with work at the Federation's Star Command. Looks like it's just me by myself tonight.

My mother was traveling the galaxy at warp speeds on the USS Valkyrie. I haven't seen her in person for almost three years, but she calls every night. I have a younger brother, but he misbehaved and was expelled from school so he was sent to a special Federation-run middle school.

I walked into my quarters, "Computer, are there any new messages?"

"No."

"Of course not," I mumbled to myself, "Music."

"Specify."

"My collection." The sounds of 21st century alternative rock music filled my small quarters.

I was laying on my bed, spread out and relaxed, when my stomache began to grumble, "What food is left in the pantry?"

"Spaghetti, bread, milk, eggs, peanut butter, flour, one apple, and two bananas," replied the computer.

"Yum...left-over spaghetti again," I mumbled sarcastically. Sometimes, it seemed as though the computer was my parental figure. I took a head band out of the draw beside my bed and put it on, exposing my pointed ears. Because of the racism problem in school, I don't show my Vulcan side (even though I'm only 1/4 Vulcan). Not even my friends know I'm Vulcan...I keep it hidden well. It's strange sometimes because I don't fit in completely with the humans and I don't completely fit in with the Vulcans...I don't even completely fit in with the halflings.

"Incoming message," said the computer.

"Open IM screen," I sat up and pulled my laptop onto my lap. It was a message from Hannah saying she's going on the Enterprise.

It was raining the day before the trip. It had been a week and Dad still wasn't home. He did leave a message a couple of nights ago saying that there was a problem that he and the other members of Starfleet Command had to try to solve. It was Thursday and I had to wait in the rain for an autonomous bus. It seemed as if everyone was waiting out for a bus today.

The Metropolitian Jungle...observe the multi-racial peoples in their not-so-natural habitat as they begin their journeys to the heart of the jungle. Haha.

I finally got to the high school and sat in the commons. The grounds were quiet...most of the students had not arrived yet, and the ones who were here had the 4:30am special Federation training class. I already took it last year, of course it was Dad who signed me up for that too. I had about an hour to kill. It was already 7:30am, but my class didn't start until 8am...I thought the commute would be longer.

"Hey," a voice said behind me.

"Um...hey," I replied. It was Jeff.

"Have you seen miranda?"

"No, sorry."

"Oh, okay," he sat down beside me, "So what's up?"

"Um...we don't talk."

"Why not?"

"Because you're you and I'm me. We're on two different wave-lengths...I'm a gamma ray and you're a beta ray."

"Nice...way to use a science similie."

"It's a metaphor, actually."

"Oh."

"Why are you talking to me, anyway?"

"I can't talk to my sister's friend?"

"You never have before."

"Why are you being so hostile?"

"I'm not being hostile."

"You're acting like Kim."

"Yeah, that's a compliament," I mumbled. He snickered, apparently hearing what I said.

"Dad said you're spending the night soon."

"Yeah, for the trip to Canada."

"That's cool."

"Yeah."

"Are you going on the Enterprise trip tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I can't wait. Space is the final frontier after all."

"Haha. Yeah, it's funny how, despite the fact that space exploration started in the 1950s, that it's still the final frontier about 280 years later."

"Yeah. Funny."

"You sound thrilled to go. Is being a Starfleet brat too much for you?"

"No, of course not. Dad never asked me if I wanted to go and I'm upset about it."

"Well, I know I'm not your most favorite person in the Universe, but I think you should give it a shot. Who knows, you might enjoy it."

"I'm going...I want to go...but he just assumed that I'd want to go because I'm his own flesh and blood."

"Yes, because we all know what happens when you assume."

"It was my turn to laugh at him now, "Well, you should be going to find Miranda. I have to get to class."

"See you around."

"Yeah, bye."

A week later, Hannah, Chloe, and I were waiting to be beamed aboard the Enterprise.

Hey all, here's Part Two!! It doesn't have a title yet, but I'll get right on it.

Chapter One

There was no sun streaming through the quarter's window to wake me. The whistle sounded as if it were in the distance, foggy and muffled. It wasn't even four in the morning, but who could sleep with all that had gone on the day before? I crawled out of bed, practically in slow-motion, and changed into sweatpants, a hot pink long-sleeved shirt, and sneakers (not my school uniform like I should prbably be wearing). I stepped out into the hall...it was so quiet that my footsteps sounded as if they could wake the dead. All that could be heard was the barely audible pings of the cold metal of the ship.

The lift brought me to the bridge. There wasn't anyone there, so I just walked around and admired being surrounded by technoology...taking in the surroundings of the ships. I saw through the view screen the vastness of space. It was breath-taking and I couldn't look away. A low cough sounded behind me and I spun around. It was the Captain and Mr. Spock.

"Oh, excuse me Captain. I couldn't sleep and was admiring the view," I said, lowering my gaze to the floor.

"That's alright, Marie. So, how do you like the view?"

"I love it. It reminds me of when i was younger and would sneak out of the apartment to look up at the stars. I'd always wanted to be in the Federation, to be on a starship myself and do and see everything that you and the crew get to. It's amazing to be here right now...to be here in this moment."

Hey all, here's Part Two!! It doesn't have a title yet, but I'll get right on it.

Chapter One

There was no sun streaming through the quarter's window to wake me. The whistle sounded as if it were in the distance, foggy and muffled. It wasn't even four in the morning, but who could sleep with all that had gone on the day before? I crawled out of bed, practically in slow-motion, and changed into sweatpants, a hot pink long-sleeved shirt, and sneakers (not my school uniform like I should prbably be wearing). I stepped out into the hall...it was so quiet that my footsteps sounded as if they could wake the dead. All that could be heard was the barely audible pings of the cold metal of the ship.

The lift brought me to the bridge. There wasn't anyone there, so I just walked around and admired being surrounded by technoology...taking in the surroundings of the ships. I saw through the view screen the vastness of space. It was breath-taking and I couldn't look away. A low cough sounded behind me and I spun around. It was the Captain and Mr. Spock.

"Oh, excuse me Captain. I couldn't sleep and was admiring the view," I said, lowering my gaze to the floor.

"That's alright, Marie. So, how do you like the view?"

"I love it. It reminds me of when i was younger and would sneak out of the apartment to look up at the stars. I'd always wanted to be in the Federation, to be on a starship myself and do and see everything that you and the crew get to. It's amazing to be here right now...to be here in this moment."

"You're not in uniform," noted Spock.

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry, Captain, but I didn't pack my spare uniform so I brough my street clothing. I hope you dodn't mind."

"Of course not, it's a good color on you."

"MARIE!! You weren't in bed, we thought you were kidnapped or something!!" Chloe screamed.

"Stop screaming at her Chloe," said Hannah, looking from me to Kirk to Spock, "She probably just wanted to see the view or something."

"Yeah, I guess. Good morning Captain Kirk," said Chloe, her face blushing a bit.

"Good morning girls. I hope you all slept well."

"Who could sleep when you're aboard the Enterprise?!" said Chloe (her enthusiasm reflecting how I felt as well).

"Haha," said Hannah.

"Is there anything planned for today, Captain?" asked Chloe.

"You never know what to expect when you're in adrift in the vastness and blackness of space."

"Rocks...antimatter...glowing flaming balls of gas," mumbled Hannah from under her breath.

"Excitement...adventure...romance," said Chloe.

Hannah and I both looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Or not," she quipped.

"Hmmm," I sighed.

As the ship slowly sailed through the galaxy, a small dot on the screen became larger and larger.

**Change: since TOS occured in the 23rd century, this occurs in the 23rd as well**

"Hmmm," I sighed.

As the ship slowly sailed through the galaxy, a small dot on the screen became larger and larger.

"Captain," said Sulu, "It seems as though we are approaching a planet."

"Lieutenant Uhora, open hailing frequencies," commanded Kirk. He took his place at his seat, "This is Captain Kirk of the starship Enterprise, we mean you no harm." After no response, "Spock can you zoom in on the planet?"

"Yes, Captain...it appears the planet is Earth-like and is occupied by humanoid creatues."

The planet came into view on the screen and everyone stiffened up.

"Nazis," Hannah, Chloe, and I said in unison.

"I thought the Nazi organization died out in the 20th century," stated Uhora.

"As long as there's hatred in the universe, so stands the Nazis," said Chekov.

Although his statement wasn't necessarily correct, we all stood and gazed upon the small planet. Amazing how, even in the 23rd century, as far as the Universe has come there's still hatred in the world.