Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

1st Look At The Enterprise!

It's ugly, but realistically, there's only so much one can do with the traditional Starfleet vessel design.

I disagree. A bit of creativity could definitely make the original design something befitting and beautiful to look at. :congrats:

I like the look of her. I admit I was suprised a bit when I first saw the image put up at Trekcore a while back, but yes, it works. I have seen the bridge inside..and wow-it loks better than the TOS version. I daresay that it looks to be an UPGRADE! within...but I have wondered of late-and maybe worried a bit-if Abrams and co. might choose to 'reboot' 1701's design style and keep her as shown there...it would not be outside the realm of possibility, though, another fan has posted here, it is probably more likely, that this is simply a step in the design lineage, as the refit and all subsequent Alphabetics were. Guess there's a part of this 'ol 1st-gen syndication trek fan, that has Matt Jeffries' 'classic' (as it ever will be) creation lodged lovingly in my heart, and memory. The new film version is a neat addition(and no doubt Paramount will rake in the Samolians from all the models, and etc. they'll sell of it!!