Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

'Star Trek XI' Teaser: Nimoy and Enterprise

Sources online have given a detailed description of the forthcoming Star Trek XI teaser.

As reported at HollywoodChicago.com, a written report of the contents of the teaser for Star Trek XI has been posted and the star of the teaser is a ship under construction.

There is an old NASA radio countdown and a closeup of a worker sporting goggles and welding something, while working on a saucer section of a ship. A Kennedy speech claims that, "The eyes of the world now look to space." More shots of welders are shown and we hear that "The Eagle has landed."

Then there are more shots of the ship and it becomes obvious that this ship is being built on Earth, not in space. Leonard Nimoy's voice is heard, saying "Space, the final frontier." More of the ship is seen and it's obvious that this is the USS Enterprise being built. The teaser closes with the title card: "Under Construction".

http://www.trektoday.com/news/160108_01.shtml

This should be on-line by this coming Monday (1/22/08).

As soon as I find the site, I will post a link.

I saw the trailer last night at the cinema, right before Cloverfield. It was very good. But so early isn't it! Hope the hype isn't too much etc

Personally, the trailer didn't impress me much. It didn't do anything that would make me want to see the movie. I'm still not sure about it. Hopefully that will change before Christmas day.

This is the first teaser trailer. As we get closer to the premiere, we will, of course, get more detailed trailers.

I don't like the trailer...we can see only the construction of the Enterprise...it's all so cold...but I would prefer a little scene with some characters...

Edited by star_rose

teasers usually show hardly anything, it's just basically telling everyone that it's on the way. I've seen the teaser trailers for some of the other Trek movies, and I think that this one is probably the best I've seen. It's definitely memorable

Edited by Gamera