Sign in to follow this  
Trekmachine

Wesley Crusher To Appear On 'Star Trek: The Tour'

Wil Wheaton has returned to the Star Trek world, as an assistant chief engineer on the USS Titan, a ship from a book series now seen in the new Star Trek: The Tour which opened recently in Long Beach, California.

As reported on Wil Wheaton's website, Wesley Crusher is back, in a small role on Star Trek: The Tour, where he recently shot a four-minute movie for use in The Tour. "Last week, I mentioned one of those 'so cool I can't talk about it' projects," he explained in his blog. "Today, I can go ahead and reveal what it was: I composed that post about an hour before I put on pointy sideburns and a space suit, brought Lieutenant Commander Wesley Crusher back to life as the Assistant Chief Engineer of the U.S.S. Titan."

Wheaton went on to show a schematic of Star Trek: The Tour. It can be seen here. Wheaton went on to describe some of the goodies available for fans attending Star Trek: The Tour. "In addition to the encounter thing that I'm in, there are some really cool things for Trekkies on this tour," he explained. "including full-size recreations of the NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-D bridges (where you can trade some of your gold-pressed latinum for the opportunity to sit in the captain's chair and pose for a picture) corridors you can walk through, and more costumes and props than you could feed a Targ." Wheaton went on to add that, "There is a killer app that I can't wait to try out: There is this thing where you step into a blue screen environment, and through the magic of teleprompters, multiple camera angles, and creative editing, perform in a mini episode of the original series, where you'll get to act with Kirk and Spock."

According to a post on TrekBBS, a six foot physical model of the Titan is being built for the tour by Gene Rizzardi and his crew. Rizzardi has worked on many well-known movies, such as Final Destination 3, 10.5 and Titanic.

Another familiar name, Tim Russ, will also be appearing in The Tour. His character of Tuvok, originally seen on Voyager, has also appeared in the Titan series of books which are set after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis. Another familiar name from the Titan books, Star Trek: The Next Generation's Will Riker, will not make an appearance, however, as The Tour was unable to get Jonathan Frakes to appear as the captain of the USS Titan.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/120108_03.shtml

For all his detractors, you gotta admit that Wesley had it together. While other kids on the NCC-1701-D were probably playing video games and smoking Romulan reefer, this boy was conducting warp field experiments. I think he will be great on the tour and I hope it is a success. :laugh:

For all his detractors, you gotta admit that Wesley had it together. While other kids on the NCC-1701-D were probably playing video games and smoking Romulan reefer, this boy was conducting warp field experiments. I think he will be great on the tour and I hope it is a success. :laugh:

I'm sure that those other kids were also giving him wedgies and stealing his lunch latinum..... :clap:

I'm sure that those other kids were also giving him wedgies and stealing his lunch latinum..... :laugh:

Seriously...I watched the episode where Data creates Lal the other day, and when Data starting asking Dr. Crusher on advice to help Lal fit in with the other kids, I nearly peed on myself laughing.

I'm there going, "Data...honey...you do realize her kid is WESLEY, right?" :clap:

For all his detractors, you gotta admit that Wesley had it together. While other kids on the NCC-1701-D were probably playing video games and smoking Romulan reefer, this boy was conducting warp field experiments. I think he will be great on the tour and I hope it is a success. :)

I'm sure that those other kids were also giving him wedgies and stealing his lunch latinum..... :laugh:

Illogical, considering that the Federation worlds had disbanded with a currency based economic system by the time of TNG. :clap:

I really didn't like seasons 1-3 Wesley Crusher but he wasn't too bad a character after they stopped having him always save the day and started giving him some faults. And no matter how you feel about Wesley, Wil Wheaton is one cool Trek geek!!!

Edited by Takara_Soong

For all his detractors, you gotta admit that Wesley had it together. While other kids on the NCC-1701-D were probably playing video games and smoking Romulan reefer, this boy was conducting warp field experiments. I think he will be great on the tour and I hope it is a success. :clap:

Tee hee. Romulan reefer. I thought the Klingons would have the good reefer.

Illogical, considering that the Federation worlds had disbanded with a currency based economic system by the time of TNG. :laugh:

Not necessarily. There was a quote from Quark saying the Federation did away with money, and then there was that quote from Picard in First Contact saying the same, but that is about it. If you look at the thread Alterego posted a while ago about Trek inconsistencies there are an even greater number of references to either money or currency indicating that both still exist.

I tend to believe that money does still exist based on 1) there are more references to the Federation having money than not having it and 2) as an economist I don't see how they could possibly allocate resources without some medium of exchange. You think a couple thousand worlds could get anything done based on a barter system and nothing else? Forget it, dude. Ain't gonna happen. It would simply be too inefficient.