Sign in to follow this  
Kim Pierri

Good Neelix episodes?

Hi

Im part of the "Hobbit Guild" at the Tolkiensociety of Copenhagen and are hosting our meetikng in february. At the meetings we eat and talk and sometimes the meetings havve themes. We have had meetings with only irish oor or food with beer in it. Im thinking of giving the meeting in February a "Star Trek " theme and have bought Neelix Cookbook. Nelix is as i see it some tye of space Hobbit, so it seems very fitting. I think we will se one or two episodes with Neelix during the meeting, but dont really recal any good ones. Do you know a episoe with Neelix. It would be good if there are some cooking in it.

Kim

My favorite Neelix epi that involves his cooking is 'Riddles'...this also has a great friendship theme with Tuvok and Neelix, which I enjoyed.

Neelix was not my favorite character but Tuvix is one of my favorite eps although it isn't really Neelix.

I also liked the ep where Tom & Neelix get in a fight

However, the one where Tuvok loses his memory and Neelix becomes his friend just have things go back to how they were is probably the best display of Neelix's character. I wish I remembered the name of that ep.

A great Neelix episode is Mortal Coil, where he is killed, and brought back to life by Seven. It features him losing faith in his own religious beliefs.

Homestead is a good Neelix episode. Sad one too.

Janeway violates the prime directive to help Neelix :laugh:

Edited by DATA2007

I never really had a favorite Neelix episode but I had episodes that I liked him in. Live Fast and Prosper is one, The Killing Game is another as is Workforce.

My favorite with him would be "Prophecy", even though it's not really a Neelix episode. His attraction to Klingon women is hillarious, and I like how he completely wrecks Tuvok's quarters.

Edited by Adm.RegBarclay

"Jetrel" is a great Neelix episode. I also liked "Fair Trade".

I totally agree with you. Both are great eps. I would give the edge to "Jetrel" mainly because it gave us insight into Neelix's personal pain.

The one episode with Neelix in it that I didn't like was phage. It wasn't that I didn't like Neelix but the episode just gives me the creeps. I mean... putting yourself in his shoes at the time... that's just really emotionally disturbing. But you got to love Neelix' kitchen in The Cloud.

Edited by krysis

The one where he leaves - pity it didn't come sooner...

lol yeah he was annoying at times

but i think my favorite one was Homestead

I know many people hate him, but I always found him a deeply complex character. He was the kindest most selfless person on the whole ship. All he ever did was try to please people

all of his episodes are good ones, especialy

Jetrel, Phage, Rise, Mortal Coil, Riddles, Tuvix, Homestead, Fair Trade, and anything else I might have missed!

Hmmm...lessee....''Jetrel'' is a good one-as well as a general st ep, with its ''costs of technology'' theme. Ethan, as always, did well in that one. ''Riddles'', a definite choice, also. Another st fave. ''Mortal Coil'', while dramatic, and deeply personal, threw too much cold water on the issue of faith-something that I feel star trek has quite honestly tried to avoid, if one discounts the Bajorans; for many, it is an integral part of life. There should still be room under the trek tent for 'believers'....

I really love Jetrel and Phage. I think they’re both underrated eps

yeah, Jetrel is realy good