Sign in to follow this  
athena28

Ro Laren

Interesting. I liked her and Denise Crosby (who I saw at a con). Also liked Kira and T'Pol (although T'Pol would come in 3d in that group).

Now to really move to another tangent, lol...

What about Ro? How'd you feel about her?

Interesting. I liked her and Denise Crosby (who I saw at a con). Also liked Kira and T'Pol (although T'Pol would come in 3d in that group).

Now to really move to another tangent, lol...

What about Ro? How'd you feel about her?

I liked Ro a lot. She didn't let worshiping wormhole aliens rule her entire life. She lived life on her terms. I would have loved to see her have had the "Kira" role in DS9 as was originally planned.

I liked Ro a lot. She didn't let worshiping wormhole aliens rule her entire life. She lived life on her terms. I would have loved to see her have had the "Kira" role in DS9 as was originally planned.

Ro Laren RULES.

She was supposed to be second in command on DS-9 instead of Kira??? Damn it!

Ro Laren RULES.

She was supposed to be second in command on DS-9 instead of Kira??? Damn it!

That was the original plan but for some reason Michelle Williams didn't want to do it.

That was the original plan but for some reason Michelle Williams didn't want to do it.

Now every time I've watched a DS-9 episode since reading this, I've tried to mentally replace Kira with Ro Laren.

Doesn't work, but I'll keep trying. :huh:

Now every time I've watched a DS-9 episode since reading this, I've tried to mentally replace Kira with Ro Laren.

Doesn't work, but I'll keep trying. :(

Actually, even though its not canon, in the book series where Kira is in command after the disappearance of Sisko, Ro actually does become 2nd in command. She and Kira don't get along too well though...... :huh:

Actually, even though its not canon, in the book series where Kira is in command after the disappearance of Sisko, Ro actually does become 2nd in command. She and Kira don't get along too well though...... :huh:

^ Yet another reason I :( Ro Laren. :lol:

I liked Kira but would have loved Ro to be 2d in command of DS9.

Wonder how Michelle Forbes feels about that career choice today. I figure she prob. was afraid to be stereotyped and/or stuck in a 7 year job. Wonder if she had to do it again what she'd do? Esp. regarding the financial stability it would've provided? But you know what, I'll bet she's happy w/what she did and would do it again. She really seems to like playing many different parts.

I didn't know till recently she was again offered to return as Ro on Voyager. Guess she still felt the same at that time about being tied down to 1 role.

Edited by athena28