Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A l t e r E g o

Tales of Lurking before Joining

Did you do a lot of Lurking before you joined STF's, was there anything in particular that caused you to reach for the "Register" button?

Kor drooling over a cartoon woman, the Adventures of Roy's Clones perhaps? I'm looking for your feelings at the moment you decided to join.

Replies aren't mandatory, I just thought your Tales of Lurking might be funny or... something. Consider it another way of helping break the ice. If nothing else, you'll raise your post count by at least one.

Well... When I joined I only 'lurked' around for about five minutes... Then I notice Kor was on here... That's all it took really...

When the Lounge at StarTrek.com was closed, someone had mentioned this site to me. Now at StarTrek.com, I had never posted a single thing. I was a chatroom guy and stayed in there. In fact, I had never posted at ANY website before. My intention when joining here was to continue being a chatroom guy. After I joined here, I sat around the chatroom talking to the few people who entered it at the time. The chatroom here obviously isn't what it was at the Lounge so nothing much was going on most of the time. After lurking in the chatroom for about an entire year, I decided to try my hand at posting and the rest, as they say........is history....... :look:

I was at the STARTREK.COM message boards (and not liking it much), when I saw a post from "TrueFan", who recommended STARTREKFANS.NET. I came here and lurked for about 15-20 minutes, checking out several different threads. When I saw how polite and thoughtful everyone was, and how much fun everyone was having, I just had to be a part of it!

I just stumbled upon this board one day and registered.

It was an easy decision and it also turned out to be a right one.

Im actually an old member from the previous STF net when it died. Sort of lost contact, and now Im back.

Previous STF.NET? We've been here 5+ years.

I joined a while ago when they had a interview with a St author in the chat room. And after that I didnt return until now and will remain for eternity

Another board I was on was having a lot of trouble, so I started looking for a temporary substitute...and found STF! I steered clear of the official forums because of what I'd heard of them and to this day have not posted one reply or even read one topic on the Star Trek forums. (I do have an account, though).

I used to be on the Startrek.com message boards with a username like "Draxxus902" or something like that. I don't like their boards though so I searched google and of the Star Trek boards I found this one seemed best.