Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

See you all sooner or later

It's been about 13 years since I've seen my mother. I'd like to see her again, even if she tells me to piss off. I just want her to know that she's a grandmother twice over. I have no money, so I'll be hitch-hiking. But thankfully, she doesn't live too far away. She lives in central California, whil I live in SoCal.

Unless she moved.

In any case, I'll probably be gone for a while. So, if I am, I'd like to wish everyone a merry Christmas.

Wish me luck.

Well, it seems I'll be going in a few hours. (I found a ride up to LA, but not until around 7 o'clock.) Hitch-hiking during the Christmas season is one thing. But doing it in the middle of the night? Yeah, right.

I've got what I need together. Plus an additional $14. I should be okay.

I might post a couple times within the next few hours or so. But if not, thanks everyone.

:look:

You know what? Forget I said anything.

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck, but I've given it some serious thought and have decided that if my mother couldn't put in the effort to try to contact me the first half of my life, and then again after I actually met her, then she is not worth my effort. I have more important things in my life, like my own family. She has never been part of my life, aside from seven months when I was 14, and I've been doing just fine without her. I see no reason to change it.

I realy need to stop coming to impulsive decisions.

My wife and children are more important to me than someone who is basically a stranger to me that I didn't meet until a month before I turned 14 and haven't seen or heard from since several onths after I turned 14.

Edited by NutcrackerOmega

Ahh, if she didn't bother to come see you. You probably should not waste your Christmas trying to see her. Particularly when your funds are low. Yes, your own family is more important. Maybe another time.

Whichever decision you make, it's the right one.

Because you made it. No one else.

I hope your Holidays are well.