Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

StarTrek.Com, shutting down?

Again, I will direct your attention to what was stated before. "Perhaps, you should forward that to an admin." Fyi, if you like to be direct, then why result to a test? It would make more sense given your disposition towards testing to ask intelligent questions, not just blurt out stuff like "is this an over moderated site

I asked a direct question to anyone and you chose to respond. Perhaps it is you who should have let Admin answer but really, wouldn't the members know?

So a direct question is now unintelligent?

Nevermind, I have my answers.

[/quote

I guess you are having a bad day. Your question sir or madam was very much accusatory in nature. You could have worded it less "abrasively". Oh, and i would like to welcome you here. Hopefully you will stick around.

Admin checking in.

Our rules are simple and they will be enforced. We have a very generous warning system which allows a grace period during which members are expected to find and learn the TOS.

After that a more than generous imo, 12 warnings are issued after which, if the member has not been able to acclimate, the time for them to officially move on will arrive.

I am really upset about startrek.com, it seems this is very real and they have now blocked you from posting on the forums which now means that all of us have lose contact with each other, it's a great shame and I just hope startrek.com stays on the net! seriously this is a disgrace!!

CBS should be ashamed of themselves!

Edited by Data476

HURRAHHH!!!!

:lol:

I have made an email to editor@startrek.com

now I can send the replies on the startrek.com boards....

I have tried and I was successfull!!!

I have won my battle - for today!!!!

:laugh:

If there's a shutdown, it might not be for just the message boards - it may be for the entire ST.C site. All the news, the library, the downloads, the giveaways, the pictures - everything!

I haven't visited the message boards there in a long time, but I log into ST.C nearly every day to check out the latest news, enter the giveaways, and see what new desktops are available. I'll miss it if it goes away.

IF it goes away. They may just be bringing in new people to re-do the site. It wouldn't make sense for them to shut down the entire site before the new movie comes out, but you never know. I'll just keep emailing them. I'll check out the mesage boards later to see what's going on there. There may still be hope. :laugh:

is it really such a bad thing???

I agree with you. Shutting the place down is hardly a bad thing. St.com was littered with immature posters that spammed the msg boards up and began internecine flame wars. In addition, the news items there could be found at most any website. The only real purpose that site served was to sell and market overpriced merchandise. This may be harsh to some, but I for one consider this good news.

I couldn't agree more.

That place had gotten out of hand and there was no Adult Supervision on the msg. boards.

Even if they just canned the message boards and left the rest open, that would be fine too.

We should not become attached to external sources such as web sites. Everything that begins has an end. We are all suffering in Samsara's ocean of life after life and nothing (like a body) lasts forever.

Think positively about the Star Trek movie and be grateful for the years they have served you.

I sympathise with those who do miss it but you will learn to detach over time.

Besides, the place was nothing but spam. I really did not see the point in it.

We should not become attached to external sources such as web sites. Everything that begins has an end. We are all suffering in Samsara's ocean of life after life and nothing (like a body) lasts forever.

Think positively about the Star Trek movie and be grateful for the years they have served you.

Very honest and enlightened of you. I can tell you are a Buddhist. What you talk of is similar to what my father always said. He was a Buddhist also. :laugh:

Very honest and enlightened of you. I can tell you are a Buddhist. What you talk of is similar to what my father always said. He was a Buddhist also. :)

:laugh: What tradition did he follow? I follow the new Kadampa tradion.

I speak of what I've learnt from in the past. If we don't attach to things we don't have to hurt and detach. :lol:

Very honest and enlightened of you. I can tell you are a Buddhist. What you talk of is similar to what my father always said. He was a Buddhist also. :)

:laugh: What tradition did he follow? I follow the new Kadampa tradion.

I speak of what I've learnt from in the past. If we don't attach to things we don't have to hurt and detach. :lol:

I never talked much with him about it. :)

I do respect all religions and i thank you for sharing your experiences. :)

What is the history of the new Kadampa tradition? I am unfamiliar with it.

My point exactly, Mr Krinkles.

Kringles even.

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Wow.....this all sounds just like when they shut down the Lounge!

This whole thing brings back those bad memories... I highly doubt that ST.com would go all the way offline... It would be stupid to do such a thing with a website that has been on the internet that long and also with a URL like that. The only good thing that might come from this is more posters to these forums. Let's just hope that ST.com does not go the way of the old Stargate website... I miss it...

You know where a GOOD place to have this conversation is???........THE CHAT ROOM!... :laugh:

Sorry Kor. My computer's firewall won't allow the download to enter live chat.

Are you sure it is your firewall... not having the latest version of Java will cause it to be inoperative.

Dude, you just proved my point about that site.

..... you were much cooler over there anyways.

So, are you telling me that this is an over-moderated site?

You just quoted me.You should be aware of what i said. Don't put words in my mouth- that is a bad way to introduce yourself here or anywhere for that matter. Obviously your time there has rubbed off on you. If you have a question regarding moderation,perhaps you should forward that to an admin. They can answer that question for you.

and it begins here!!! please this is a nice place. Lets keep it that way.

You know where a GOOD place to have this conversation is???........THE CHAT ROOM!... :laugh:

Sorry Kor. My computer's firewall won't allow the download to enter live chat.

Are you sure it is your firewall... not having the latest version of Java will cause it to be inoperative.

Thanks. I just checked that. It is the firewall.

Dude, you just proved my point about that site.

..... you were much cooler over there anyways.

So, are you telling me that this is an over-moderated site?

You just quoted me.You should be aware of what i said. Don't put words in my mouth- that is a bad way to introduce yourself here or anywhere for that matter. Obviously your time there has rubbed off on you. If you have a question regarding moderation,perhaps you should forward that to an admin. They can answer that question for you.

and it begins here!!! please this is a nice place. Lets keep it that way.

I got your pm. No offense was taken at your quoting me. I actually agree with you on this one. "this is a nice place.Lets keep it that way". Btw, thanks for taking the time to clear up any possible misunderstandings. :laugh:

Sorry about repeating my self, but the article wasn't referring to just the message boards, but to...

the entire STARTREK.COM site. :lol:

A few people have said they hope the site shuts down, but how many of us want the ENTIRE StarTrek.com site to go offline? There's a lot more to StarTrek.com than message boards, and I hope that at least the main site stays online. :)

If the message boards go offline, we could have lots of new people here. That'll be fun! :laugh: However, if the entire site goes offline, that'll be not fun. :)

It's obvious that this Moonshine or whatever his name is and his lackeys are slowly killing Star Trek. I mean, look at the 50 year "anniversary" last year. What a disgrace!

Now they plan a crappy movie to milk out the last possible drops of Kirk, Spock and the TOS legends. Then, when the movie fails (which it will do, believe me), Moonshine and his gang will take it as an excuse to definitely drop Trek.

I'm not surprised at all if this site dissapears and I have my fears about Pocket Books as well, due to the decreasing amount of products.

Compare that to Star Wars which is really thriving.

Star Trek is probably one of the worst examples of bad management. They have a wonderful phenomenon which have attracted and delighted fans for more than 40 years and become a legend, they have a dedicated and loyal fanbase and they totally screw up everything, missing all the opportunities. The way Star Trek is handled is nothing but an example of narrow-minded, greedy capitalistic stupidity in the worst possible way.

As for the startrek.com forum, I don't think I will miss that too much. It has been badly managed as well, at least the recent time and is now filled with trolls, instigators and dual posters who are creating havoc. But it's definitely a loss when an official forum goes down.

And don't forget that it is the OFFICIAL site which is close to being shut down. If that happens, what will remain are scattered "colonies", fansites with a limited amount of people without any contact with other sites and with small options to create opinion and show those in charge of what's left of Startrek what we think.

Sorry about repeating my self, but the article wasn't referring to just the message boards, but to...

the entire STARTREK.COM site. :lol:

A few people have said they hope the site shuts down, but how many of us want the ENTIRE StarTrek.com site to go offline? There's a lot more to StarTrek.com than message boards, and I hope that at least the main site stays online. :)

If the message boards go offline, we could have lots of new people here. That'll be fun! :laugh: However, if the entire site goes offline, that'll be not fun. :)

it is exactly what I think !!!

I will contìnue to combat to defend the official website!!!

My point exactly, Mr Krinkles.

Kringles even.

No, you had it right the first time.

Krinkles. Rhymes with wrinkles.

Congratulations, you rhymed :lol:

But I'm not going to insult someone's age over a typing error :laugh: