Sign in to follow this  
Vic

'Star Trek XI' New Spy Photos

Photos of a 'Star Trek' officer's uniform appear online. Plus: A Romulan speaks.

By T'Bonz

December 13, 2007 - 7:02 PM

New photos show what appears to be a military uniform, with the familiar Star Trek insignia on it.

As reported at JFX online, more spy photos are available, this time showing Star Trek officer uniforms.

The uniforms are very different from those of Spock and Kirk in the original series, looking more like Stargate SG-1 uniforms. However, there is one element which will be familiar to Star Trek fans, namely the insignia/communicator on the upper left side.

In other Star Trek XI news, UGO spoke briefly recently with Paradox Pollack, who plays an alien in the upcoming movie. Although declining to confirm his role as a Romulan, he said, "I was working with the non-humans." His body language and expressions when asked about a Romulan role made it obvious that the answer would have been in the affirmative had he been able to speak freely. Pollack was able to say that he had worked with Zachary Quinto. He did not have any scenes with Leonard Nimoy, however.

To see the video, head over to UGO. The spy photos are available here.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/131207_01.shtml

I'm hoping that the uniform's insignia isn't a communicator too.

That would be killing the canon big-time. :laugh:

It would hardly be a major canon violation but keep in mind the person who wrote the original blurb with the spy photos is not a Star Trek fan.

This would also not seem to be the regular uniform, rather it is identified as "formal wear" (of course, that is coming from the same non fan).

It would hardly be a major canon violation but keep in mind the person who wrote the original blurb with the spy photos is not a Star Trek fan.

This would also not seem to be the regular uniform, rather it is identified as "formal wear" (of course, that is coming from the same non fan).

All valid points.

Thanks, Jack! :laugh:

That uniform is so not Star Fleet. Why can't they use something close to what was used in Enterprise?

The uniform is irrelevant imo. What matters is the story and the acting. Recall other films like ST5 and Nemesis? They had cool outfits and yet still were the two lowest grossing of the films. Either way this works out, I hope the story is great and that is what matters most here. :laugh: