Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Riders Say Angry Driver Kept Them On Bus

Riders Say Angry Driver Kept Them on Bus

AP

Posted: 2007-12-13 10:08:42

BOSTON (AP) - Passengers on a bus traveling from New York to Boston claim the driver kept the bus on a layover for an extra half hour and would not let them leave because he was upset about a complaint over his driving.been swerving during the first leg of Sunday's trip, the passengers said.

"Since you aggravated me, I'm going to aggravate you," the driver told passengers, according to Brian Moore, 21, an Emerson College junior who posted an account of the incident on his personal blog.

The driver ignored apologies on behalf of the unknown rider who offended him, according to Moore's blog post. He also refused to allow passengers to smoke or buy snacks, repeating that this was punishment.

"He explained it to us over and over," said Leigh Schuelke, 23, an event planner from Cambridge who was traveling with her husband. "He seemed to be enjoying, just like sticking it to us."

After the half hour ended, the driver raced down the turnpike, flying through toll booths, Schuelke said.

Christopher Crean, director of safety and security for the company, said the driver was suspended and the incident was being investigated. He declined to release the driver's name, but said he was in his early 30s and had three years on the job.

"If any of this came even close to happening, the driver could in some cases be subject to termination," Crean said. "It's definitely become an issue. And the more I dig, the less I like."

The bus left New York at 1 p.m. on Sunday and arrived in Framingham at 4:35 p.m., which would have put it in Boston about 30 minutes ahead of schedule. On weekdays, the bus must wait 25 minutes to pick up any passengers, but on Sundays it can go straight through, Crean said.

Crean said the driver acknowledged a dispatcher contacted him to report that a passenger complained, but he denied retaliating. The driver said he stopped because he didn't know he could continue immediately to Boston, Crean said.

I think this guy will be looking for a new job soon.........perhaps at the Post Office?....... :laugh:

He didn't quite go postal. But maybe the Postal Service will take him. Then he could go postal.

Kor, aren't you looking for drivers? :laugh: Maybe the Post Office would be a better fit (when this guy has his next one!) :laugh:

I hate to play devil's advocate, but his excuse is quite plausible. Especially considering that at times the bus is not expected to stop for the 25 min. loading of passengers. My guess is that these passengers were talking down to this guy and he took it upon himself to irk them. Lets face it folks, do any of us like a back seat driver? :laugh: