Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Nimoy To Begin Filming Soon

Secret guest at charity benefit turns out to be Leonard Nimoy.

By T'Bonz

December 6, 2007 - 4:37 AM

Lightspeed Fine Art's 8th Annual Celebrity Benefit had a surprise guest in the person of Leonard Nimoy, who joined other Star Trek alumni to contribute to the charity auction.

As reported at Startrek.com, Leonard Nimoy was the "special secret guest" who was advertised as "a pillar of the Star Trek universe."

He contributed fifteen items from his own collection to auction off to the attendees. Funds went to the Nimoy Foundation, which awards grants to artists in residency programs at various U.S. museums and galleries, as well as to the American Cancer Society. Among the items was a plaque presented to him by Paramount on the occasion of Star Trek's 25th anniversary, autographed books and rare photos, which were also autographed. A total of $14,000 was raised for both of the charities.

Nimoy also spoke about the forthcoming Star Trek XI. He told the crowd that his filming would begin in two weeks. "I was on the set of the new Star Trek movie a couple of days ago," he said. "I was doing some tests on my makeup and my wardrobe. The movie is gonna look fantastic, and we've got some wonderful people at bat and a great script."

http://www.trektoday.com/news/061207_02.shtml