Sign in to follow this  
Vic

'Star Trek XI' Losing Great Lines To Writers' Strike

If the quality of the movie is being affected, perhaps they should just shut down and resume filming when this strike is over.

Aha! I've been worrying about this for awhile, and have wondered and worried about this in other threads. The inability to change the script takes away the possibility of improvising a line, or just changing something that isn't working so well.

Edited by trekz

I suppose if it were something really good, they could reshoot a few scenes later on when the strike is over.

I've got an awful feeling that this may push back the release date to sometime in 2009. :P

Beyond missing out on a few changed lines, I don't think this is going to effect the film all that much. If they shut down, they may never be able to get all of the people involved back at the same time to finish the movie.

On a more positive note, the film has actually benefitted from the strike as Angels and Demons (the Da Vinci Code prequel which would have had roughly the same release date as Trek XI) has been pushed back to 2009.