Sign in to follow this  
Vic

Nimoy Unsympathetic

I'm glad Nimoy said that. To me, it sounds like Shatner has just been whining this whole time about not being in the movie.

I think that fans should get a fund started to buy Shatner a 500 lb wheel of cheese to go with his years of whining about Star Trek. First he whined about being typecast and not being able to get other acting jobs, then he whined about not being able to write and direct a Trek movie (when he eventually did it stunk like 100 year old limburger) and now he whines about not being in the newest Trek movie. Maybe a 500 lb wheel won't be enough?

Maybe next he will whine about his talent not being on par with his ego? we can only hope.

Edited by statstarter

All his whining is rather ironic. At the 2006 Las Vegas Star Trek con Shatner went on about having talked to J.J. Abrams, while Nimoy had not. Shatner was all enthusiastic. Now that Nimoy is in and he is not, Shatner continues to campaign for a part in the movie. He was whiny in Las Vegas this year about this too. I think he is over the top on this a bit. He is entitled to his opinion, but I think this movie will be judged on its own merits and not over which original stars have cameos in this feature. I'm more concerned that the story is strong and that it isn't too much of an all action all the time movie like MI3.

I agree with all of the above. The more he whines the less respect I have for him. I really wish he'd stop before I come to truly despise him.

As of yet, no mention has been made of any of the other original actors. However, I think it would be a real shame if they don't get some kind of cameo in the film. It would be the right thing to do.

i heard a uncomfirmed rumor that it's a chance they'd end the movie with the beginning of generations. so maybe shatner will settle for cameo without actually being on the set lol.

I think it would be a mistake to begin a new Star Trek movie at the end of one which was released 13 years ago.

Star Trek needs a clean break and a fresh approach. It doesn't need to attach itself to the Berman-era.

As of yet, no mention has been made of any of the other original actors. However, I think it would be a real shame if they don't get some kind of cameo in the film. It would be the right thing to do.

If they're not in it now, they're not going to be. Filming has started and the script is locked. Abrams can't even suggest a new line let alone add a new character or scene.

If they're not in it now, they're not going to be. Filming has started and the script is locked. Abrams can't even suggest a new line let alone add a new character or scene.

I keep forgetting that they have already started filming! However, cameos are usually not involved with the plot and would be very easy to insert after the strike is over with. In a lot of these movies, the cameos are not really publicized so it can be a surprise to the fans. I remember when they remade Lost In Space. They never formally announced that almost every living actor from the original series had a cameo in it. It was a nice surprise for the fans. Hopefully, the same might be done here.