Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Winona Ryder Cast As Spock's Mother Amanda

Ryder Is Spock's Trek Mom

acastwjp4.jpg

Winona Ryder has joined the cast of J.J. Abram's upcoming Star Trek, playing the mother of young Spock (Zachary Quinto), Variety reported.

If Abrams' Trek film follows the established mythology, Ryder would play Amanda, the human woman who marries Spock's Vulcan father, Sarek. In the original series, Amanda was played by TV veteran Jane Wyatt.

The reimagined Star Trek is written by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and supposedly revolves around the early days of the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Edited by Gamera

This is the first "big name" casting for the film. Spock's gonna have a hottie for a mama!.... :nono:

"Big name?" -

Well she did date Johnny Depp - and she has an interesting purchase plan when she goes shopping.

She may get roles in movies but I don't think she's been much of a box office draw since the late 90's.

"Big name?" -

Well she did date Johnny Depp - and she has an interesting purchase plan when she goes shopping.

She may get roles in movies but I don't think she's been much of a box office draw since the late 90's.

In her contract, there's a clause that security has to check her car every time she leaves the lot. It's a standerd "Ryder" on all her contracts. :nono:

And I agree with Kor's "hottie" comment. With Moms' that good looking, why would any Vulcan want to leave home?

Edited by trekz

This is the first "big name" casting for the film. Spock's gonna have a hottie for a mama!.... :nono:

you sure about that? i mean she has aged since she got busted. *hides from the guns pointed at him*

This is the first "big name" casting for the film. Spock's gonna have a hottie for a mama!.... :dude:

you sure about that? i mean she has aged since she got busted. *hides from the guns pointed at him*

Agreed. :nono:

Oh good Lord no....... :nono:

Uma Thurman I can see. Uma has a certain nobility about her that would translate well into Amanda. But Winona? Why don't they just bury Trek now and get it over with? What's next, Jack Black as Sarek?

Edited by Son of Kor

Oh good Lord no....... :nono:

Uma Thurman I can see. Uma has a certain nobility about her that would translate well into Amanda. But Winona? Why don't they just bury Trek now and get it over with? What's next, Jack Black as Sarek?

Jack Black? I thought it was Adam Sandler that was being considered for the role of Sarek....... :dude:

Oh good Lord no....... :dude:

Jack Black? I thought it was Adam Sandler that was being considered for the role of Sarek....... :nono:

I would pay good money to see Adam Sandler play a stoic Vulcan.

Ryder to play Spock's mother in Star Trek

10/11/2007 - 09:18:09

Winona Ryder has signed up to star in the new Star Trek movie - as the Vulcan mother of Mr Spock.

The 'Girl, Interrupted' star will join Chris Pine as Captain Kirk, British funnyman Simon Pegg as Scotty and Heroes actor Zachary Quinto as Spock for the eleventh big screen outing of the cult TV show.

The role will see Ryder don the prosthetic pointy ears made famous by Leonard Nimoy in the sci-fi series.

Directed by J.J. Abrams, the film will focus on the early journey of the original Enterprise crew and is due for release in December next year.

I guess the writer of this article is not knowledgable about Trek. Ryder will NOT be wearing pointy ears because her character is human..................

Edited by Kor37