Sign in to follow this  
TripLives

Which department would you choose?

If Starfleet was a reality today, you entered and graduated from the Academy, which department/position would you want to be in?

I choose Engineering because I like to tinker with, build, design, and fix things.

Ugh... I wouldn't even make it through the Academy (I wouldn't even try to)... I hate to follow someone else's orders (especially if I think they're wrong)... :hug: However, working aboard a starship still sounds good to me... as a bartender, waitress or something... like Ben... the guy that appeared on TNG's "Lower Decks" - I could be friends with all the senior officers. :hug:

Ugh... I wouldn't even make it through the Academy (I wouldn't even try to)... I hate to follow someone else's orders (especially if I think they're wrong)... :hug: However, working aboard a starship still sounds good to me... as a bartender, waitress or something... like Ben... the guy that appeared on TNG's "Lower Decks" - I could be friends with all the senior officers. :hug:

one in particular Mrs Picard???

I would be in science! Love the science, should have studied harder!

I'd like to form my own department - the Fabulous Department, with their own pink uniforms. Special duties to include beaming down to boring planets and jazzing them up, livin la vie la loca honey

one in particular Mrs Picard???

Nope... no one in particular. :hug:

Security.

For many reasons, really. Opportunity for advancement, a spot on most landing parties, cool red shirt (TOS), and I'll admit I'm a lot better with my fists and a hand phaser than trying to figure out a 10,000-year old alien computer, or reversing polarity.

Edited by Son of Kor

The Science department! :hug: I love science, and I've always done well in science in school.

I tend to agree with Mrs.Picard. I'd like to be on a starship, but not necessarily in Starfleet. Either a teacher, or a archivist or perhaps work in updating the ship's research library files.

Any department except securtity would be fine with me, redshirts don't live very long. :hug: :blowup:

Either engineering or one of the sciences. Perhaps the medical field. Either one of those gets you in the spotlight often enough... :)

I'd like to form my own department - the Fabulous Department, with their own pink uniforms. Special duties to include beaming down to boring planets and jazzing them up, livin la vie la loca honey

just saw this. :) :)

I'd pick tactical/security. That's whats always interested me, just being a regular tactical or security officer.

Since I am a lawyer, it would have to be in Star Fleet's J.A.G. I suppose I'd wear red and travel round ships, reading materials and preparing for hearings. I'd probably have an office at Star Fleet command or on a regional Starbase, depending on where/ In which region I would be responsible for prosecuting in. I would probably receive requests at my office for hearings from Captains with a problem crew-member or so forth, and would make a preliminary decision on whether or not there is enough evidence to require a hearing.

I think it would be fun because I would get to meet lots of new people which I love doing. Also, I like to travel. In my real life job I travel to different courts and meet different lawyers, clients and so forth each week and spend time in my office which is my private get away.

i would stick to what i already enjoy science mostly biology it always seemed like a really interesting post to have too in the shows

I agree with Kor37, If You're Not The Lead Dog The Scenery Never Changes! :rockon:

And I would get all the hot chicks that Van Roy, would want. ;)