FAVORITE SERIES

which is your favorite series  

85 members have voted

1. 1. which is your favorite series

• TNG
    • DS9
    • VOY
    • ENT

I LEFT OUT TOS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT THAT WAS THE START OF IT ALL, AND IM SURE WE ALL HAVE SOME SORT OF LOVE FOR TOS, AND HER CREW. My fave is a toss up between DS9, and ENT.

Guest Guest

How come I can't vote?

actually, i find tos corny and not very entertaining. (uh-oh. im going to get kicked off now. lol). i do like the original cast movies though.

my favorite series is tng. it has the best characters and plotlines.

now in regards to voting for TOS, i am a big fan of TOS :) :) but as i said at the top post, when i iniciated this poll, that i left that out, just for the simple fact TOS started it all, and it should have a place with all trekkies, trekkers whichever you prefer, so therefore i left it out as a given. as a side note im glad to see a couple of votes each for my two faves DS9, and ENT. so you can vote whichever you want, but if you wish to add a side not of TOS, thats great too.

TNG all the way! I was introduced to TOS only because my mom liked the series and because she knew TNG was going to start soon...so she showed me Trek so I could get an idea of what it was all about. Tried to watch the other series, but.....I really ONLY watch TNG!!!

My favorite series is TNG because I believe that it has the best stories and on any show the most fundamental thing is the story. TNG had great writers and great stories which greatly added to the ST universe. In my humble opinion nothing beats it.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

By far, DS9. It was the most intelligent of the Star Trek series and the continuing storyline, something never attempted by a Star Trek series before, kept you coming back. It was also the most character driven and even had soap opera touches. None have been able to top it, in my humble opinion.

Should this thread be renamed "Best spin-off series" since TOS is excluded???

They're more sequals then spin offs, a spin off generally takes a minor character from the original series and makes a whole new show out of that character. Take "Cheers" and "Fraser" for example, a slightly minor character into his own show.

Anywho, I voted for VOY because it's the only series I can actually watch the re-runs for, plus, it's the only one I watched from start to finish.

TNG is the best of all, so i vote for TNG,

Has starship, Picard, Borg and everything you want!!!

following the :

2. VOY, because has a starship and the Borg.

3. DS9, after season 4 for Worf and Defiant.

4. ENT, named Enterprise has starship and wait more.

5. TOS, classic!!! all start from TOS. I think correctly not include to this vote...

ENTERPRISE, because it is the one currently showing new episodes.

thats great. i love enterprise. :wow: but when its showing reruns,(hopefully not for another 5 years or so). which show do you like as a whole, over the other ones. :wow:

Ohhh I was hoping to sneak around answering that question but you have pinned me down now so ok.... truth be told I CANNOT choose between TNG and DS9, I love them both EQUALLY, that’s the best I can say.

thats an exceptable answer, as i said i have a hard time saying which i like best between DS9 or ENT. hey some of us just cant decide. lol.

Well, TNG is by far my favourite, but I'll always have a special place for VOY, since it got me hooked on trek in the first place. TOS is getting better for me, too (I used to think it was the stupidest show ever, but that's because I hadn't given it a chance. I based my opinion on what people said about ST, becasue I used to be a Star Wars fan, and so I thought I had to hate ST. I guess I thought it was boring...but I think you have to watch 2 episodes of trek to get into it. One for getting used to the technobabble and everything, and one to really appreciate it now that you understand it. I'm glad I gave ST a second chance! And I will never make THAT mistake again!)

So (and the spacing is very relevant!):

1. TNG

2. VOY

3. TOS

4. DS9

5. ENT - I can't stand it. And I HAVE tried giving it a chance. But I'll try again. The last episode I saw wasn't that bad...maybe I just happened to have seen 2 bad ones before...

Well,I love TOS better than all the other series combined...

But of those series' listed,I'll vote for Deep Space Nine (though TNG is very close).

Just one question,where's the animated series? :huh: I loved that as a kid.

I voted for ENT only because it's my favorite right now. I will have to wait for it to end to see if its my favorite of all time. Otherwise I would vote for TNG as my favorite of all time. I can still remember seeing the very first episode with Q when it premiered. I thought it was just the coolest thing. Voyager would be my 3rd for all time and I haven't seen DS9 yet. TOS I feel is really in a place of it's own and it's really hard to compare with the modern series. For it's time it was great.