Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

You know what I hate about the DVD's?

What I hate about the Special Feature DVD's is that they aren't long enough. I'm always wishing there was more to the interview and behind the camera stuff. I love the features they do but I wish they were a lot longer.

Of course I don't really hate the SF discs I just want more and more of them lol.

I agree, they're not long enough and not enough of them. More behind the scenes stuff would be cool. I'd also LOVE to see some out-takes. As Trek fans, I guess we'll never get enough Trek.

I thoroughly and completely agree with you, VBG! I would watch anything that was behind the scenes! I watch non-ST shows just because a favored guest actor is on it. I flip when I catch an unexpected glimpse of someone on another show. (Marc Alaimo made "I Love the 70's - 1976" twice - a whole quarter of a second maybe. Saw it last night. Made my evening. :spock: )

I would really enjoy a purely DS9 blooper reel. More cast interviews. Guest star interviews. Anything!

whats a special feature?

It's a short segment where the actors, directors and producers are interviewed. They tell and show all the behind the camera stuff.

Are the DS9 disks really that good? I was thinking about buying season one. It has been a while since I have seen DS9 on television. I would like to have at least two DVD sets from each Star Trek series. Let me know if this is a great idea.

YES :) or NO :bow:

Are the DS9 disks really that good?  I was thinking about buying season one.  It has been a while since I have seen DS9 on television.  I would like to have at least two DVD sets from each Star Trek series.  Let me know if this is a great idea.

YES :)  or  NO :bow:

I have all 4 seasons of DS9's DVDs that have been put out. I'm just waiting for season 5 now. I very much say Yes but I don't know that I'd say get season 1 and 2 of DS9. They are good but not the best of the 7 seasons. If you are only going to get 2 seasons I would say get either season 5 and 6 or season's 6 and 7. But I would suggest all 7 seasons if it's possible. If it's not possible cehck out NetFlix.com for renting them.

whats a special feature?

It's a short segment where the actors, directors and producers are interviewed. They tell and show all the behind the camera stuff.

VBG, i was just joking....however i lost the post and so couldnt reply "Just Joking"..

Click for Spoiler:

i know, i know: LOL!!! :bow: B) :) B)

Are the DS9 disks really that good?  I was thinking about buying season one.  It has been a while since I have seen DS9 on television.  I would like to have at least two DVD sets from each Star Trek series.  Let me know if this is a great idea.

YES :lol:  or  NO :hug:

I would definately say YES..I have the first 4 seasons on DVD and I thoroughly enjoy them..Well worth the money..I also have the first 4 TNG seasons..Hey?..Why not if you enjoy it?...

I just got season 3 and the only reason i did was because of how DAMN much i enjoyed re-watching season one and two. I have only watched two from the new set so far (got it yesterday) and i am in love again. Watching Odo find his people was awesome!!!!

I Think We Got Screwed On The Special Features.  They're Good, No Doubts, But Compared To TNG's Special Features, They Suck  :lol:

Some of them are great, some of them are about a minute long. I like the way they did it as far as the title page goes though. The way you have to go from place to place on the station to find the next portion.

I just wish they were longer. There was one that even had a commercial on it for Indiana Jones DVD's rather then anything about DS9.

I agree. I love the features they all have but the interviews and what not that they do they should do more of them. Especially, as you state, behind the scenes stuff.

I have not bought the latest DS9 DVDs. I'm going to have to catch up. I only have the first season to fourth. From that it does seem that the special features are limited. I really wish they had more. Maybe it is just me, but it seems that the TNG DVDs had more special behind the scene features then DS9 does.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Does DS9 play anywhere on TV anymore? Im in No.California SF bay area. Upn listed it (or DirectTV made a mistake)last Saterday after ENT but it was VOY when I tuned in.

Edited by archerfan

Does DS9 play anywhere on TV anymore? Im in No.California SF bay area. Upn listed it (or DirectTV made a mistake)last Saterday after ENT but it was VOY when I tuned in.

Yeah different areas of the country all have different airing. You should give your local UPN carrier a telephone call, asking for the facts of the matter in your particular area.

What I hate about the Special Feature DVD's is that they aren't long enough. I'm always wishing there was more to the interview and behind the camera stuff. I love the features they do but I wish they were a lot longer.

Of course I don't really hate the SF discs I just want more and more of them lol.

I agree. There could be better features on there. Or at least longer features.

My two main complaints about the DVDs are the menus, and the Repetitive DVD info that follows all of the extras. The menus are just plain moronic. For one thing, it's aggravating to get dropped back into the episode menu at the end of each episode, and to have to navigate out to the main menu. It would have been far better to break up the chapter and subtitle menus away from the episode menus, and to allow for the viewer to watch the whole DVD in straight through. If I'm going to watch a show on DVD, it's usually a disc at a time. It's far more convenient to just throw it in and hit play than to have that silly setup.

I hope I can find some place to rent the DVDs some time. My parents probably wouldn't be too trilled about some $180 for however many discs they're on. (Yeah I'm still in high school. So Bite Me!)

I hope I can find some place to rent the DVDs some time. My parents probably wouldn't be too trilled about some $180 for however many discs they're on. (Yeah I'm still in high school. So Bite Me!)

See if you can get your parents to agree to join Netflix. It's an online rental store that's great.