Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Could T'Pol be...

Could T'Pol be Sareks mother? That would make her Spocks Grandmother. Sarek is born in 2165 and his father's name is Skon but his mother was never really established. Could it be that TPTB could bring things full circle with a connection here?

Just an interesting thought I had.

Too much i think. It's a big galaxy. I would rather prefer that T'Pol turned out to be a Vulcan lesbian. Im sure that that Ponn Far episode would get high ratings.

''T'Pol is stuck with Hoshi and Lt Tiffany Pertwell in the de-contam chamber after a power cut on Enterprise. As Trip tries to restore air conditioning (in his vest of course) the heat rises and an ever sweaty T'Pol bursts into full blown Ponn Farrrrrrrrr''

I think it's more likely that T'Pol is connected to T'Pau somehow. That would still put her in Spock's family, and further that family's tendancy to hook up with humans.

I don't believe T'Pau was related to Spock's family. She officiated at his "wedding"/kunit-kalife (I know I spelled that wrong) but she wasn't a relative I dont believe.

I don't think T' Pau is related to Spock either. I always thought it would be great if T'Pol was related to T'Pau though. On Enterprise there is a stigma attached to mind melds etc. Perhaps, T'Pol teached T'Pau that there should not be a stigma attached to it, and thus, T'Pau developes it and becomes one of the greated Vulcan minds. Just my idea.

Stardate:213641.9

That would be an interresting concept.Spock is the first Officer on the Enterprise along side the great Captian Kirk.T'Pol is the First Officer on the Enterprise as well along side Starfleets first deep space Captian Archer.It would be very interresting indeed

I read somewhere that TPTB at one time were toying with the idea of having the Vulcan on Enterprise be T'Pau, but they decided against it. I thought it would have been a cool idea to link the show with TOS.

I read somewhere that TPTB at one time were toying with the idea of having the Vulcan on Enterprise be T'Pau, but they decided against it. I thought it would have been a cool idea to link the show with TOS.

I read that before the series premier. I think TPTB missed out on a great bit of continuity.

I, too, had thought that T'Pau was Spock's grandmother (remembering back to my TOS days), but Alterego, another Trekkie from way back, said T'Pau wasn't.

Interesting ideas,everybody.I'd like it if T'Pol was Spock's grandmother.It would explain a lot.Maybe T'Pol's stories of her time on board Enterprise led a young Spock to consider Starfleet as a career?Also,if a young Sarek was bullied (like Spock as a boy) by other Vulcan children (because his mother had served aboard a human starship),then that would explain why he opposed Spock's attending the Academy so fiercely. :assimilated:

Not sure that she is so related-but seeing this thread brings to mind a 'family connection' of sorts I have in mind to develop as a story idea-and was considering putting up at this site. Therein, young Spock's decision to join Starfleet is shown-as well as a trip to see a retired Ambassador T'Pol on Vulcan, who (my storyline)was Sarek's mentor, and who recommended him to the post he served so well in for so long. Spock seeks a sponsor-certainly, Dad won't be it-and, despite some initial uncertainties-the obvious friendship with Sarek-she agrees;T'Pol has served in Starfleet, and knows the benefits, for both humans, and said Vulcan candidate, in such an association. And she understands his struggles, in the midst of 'rampant emotions'..yet, the growth that can come.

I don't think Sarek would have made it as far in Vulcan society as he did if he'd come from questionable lineage such as T'Pol - and as far as Vulcan standards - she was questionable. - with her mind meld disease, her affinity for humans etc.

I also don't think a child of TPol would be as strict in adhering to Vulcan tradition as Sarek was - he most likely came from a very traditional Vulcan family.

And since I never really liked the character T'Pol - I'm happier thinking she was in no way related to Spock.

I don't think T'Pau was related to Spock - but I did like the young T'Pau.

I don't think Sarek would have made it as far in Vulcan society as he did if he'd come from questionable lineage such as T'Pol - and as far as Vulcan standards - she was questionable. - with her mind meld disease, her affinity for humans etc.

I also don't think a child of TPol would be as strict in adhering to Vulcan tradition as Sarek was - he most likely came from a very traditional Vulcan family.

And since I never really liked the character T'Pol - I'm happier thinking she was in no way related to Spock.

Of course T'Pau was related to Spock! It was mentioned in "Amok Time"

Don't forget, the whole stigma with the Mind Meld disease and liking Humans was from the old Vulcan system that was finally destroyed by the end of Enterprise and the "New Guard" was coming into being.

As for Sarek being strict in adhearing to Vulxan tradition, he did marry a human and mate with her. That wouldn't be a very traditional thing to do and could be an indication of a less strict influence in his early life.

Of course T'Pau was related to Spock! It was mentioned in "Amok Time"

Are you sure it was mentioned that she's related to Spock? It's been several years since I've watched that episode but have no memory of her being mentioned as a reletave of Spocks.

I'll head over to CBS.COM and see if they have season 2 for viewing and watch it if they do.

I just finished watching the episode, it doesn't say she's related to him. She just officiated at his wedding. Kirk made comment that Spock 'never mentioned how important his family was" but that was just in reference to having such a high ranking Vulcan officiating at his wedding.

That is true. The character was originally supposed to be a younger T'Pau. The producers realized that every time T'Pau's name was mentioned they would have to pay royalties to the original T'Pau actress so they settled on a different character and just used the actual T'Pau character later in the series.

That is true. The character was originally supposed to be a younger T'Pau. The producers realized that every time T'Pau's name was mentioned they would have to pay royalties to the original T'Pau actress so they settled on a different character and just used the actual T'Pau character later in the series.

I believe the royalties would have had to been paid to Theodore Sturgeon, who wrote Amok Time. I don't think actors have the same right, though I could be wrong.

It's the same reason that Tom Paris isn't just Nick Locarno. The producers would have had to have paid Naren Shankar and Ronald D. Moore (who wrote The First Duty).

As for the original question of T'Pol being Sarek's mother, possible but I'd say unlikely. If a future writer wanted to make that connection it'd be fine as nothing precludes it. However, as of right now there's not enough evidence.