Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Favorite Episode

I've pasted the old responses to this original posting here and will try to do the same with other postings from the old board as soon as time allows.

DannyITR

Ensign

Bring TNG back please!!!

Favourite Episodes

« on: February 24, 2003, 08:07:56 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your top favourites.

Mine are:

1. The Pegasus

2. Best of Both worlds 1 & 2

3. Yesterday's Enterprise

4. Booby Trap

5. Lower Decks

6. Contagion

I really like episodes where you see other Federation ships like in The Wounded and Contagion. I also enjoy it when you see part of the normal ship operations like in Lower Decks. This part is lost in the feature films. I don't feel like the Enterprise E is home for them since we never see any of the ship.

Episode listing with rating:

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/episodes.html

« Last Edit: February 24, 2003, 08:08:44 PM by DannyITR » Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny------>CanadaRacing.ca 

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

Fly Away, With Me Tonight....

Re:Favourite Episodes

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2003, 11:49:36 PM » 

Quote from: DannyITR on February 24, 2003, 08:07:56 PM   

Post your top favourites.

Mine are:

1. The Pegasus

2. Best of Both worlds 1 & 2

3. Yesterday's Enterprise

4. Booby Trap

5. Lower Decks

6. Contagion

I really like episodes where you see other Federation ships like in The Wounded and Contagion. I also enjoy it when you see part of the normal ship operations like in Lower Decks. This part is lost in the feature films. I don't feel like the Enterprise E is home for them since we never see any of the ship.

Episode listing with rating:

http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/st-tng/episodes.html

Wow, to try to pick favorites... The only order I will put these in is by season not by my ranking. But these would a few of my favorites.

The Neutral Zone

Elementary, Dear Data

The Royale

Sins of the Father

Hollow Pursuits

Reunion

Redemption

Disaster

Cause and Effect

Ship in a Bottle

Birthright

Timescape

Lower Decks

There's others but those are a few of the "highlights" 

Report to moderator Logged

J Digs

Ensign

I can't download Voyager Eps to save my life.

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 08:56:32 AM » 

I don't think I have favs...reunion for sure, Any ep with the borg, second chances...just to many to list. 

DannyITR

Ensign

Bring TNG back please!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 02:25:58 PM » 

Some early episodes are soo bad. For example in the Neutral Zone, the guy wanders onto the bridge during the confrontation with the Romulans. Riker yells "get that man off the bridge" Security comes outa nowhere to remove him but the Romulans de-cloak and suddenly the security guards forget their job and guy is allowed to stay. If that was real life those security guards would have been fired in a second. Then Riker says he'd never thought he'd see a Romulan vessel this close. So the Federation have a signed treaty with the Romulans and a substantial border and Riker thinks he's never see a Romulan vessel. Not very strong writing in my opinion. It's flaws like these that ruin the early episodes. Actually, because of that one scene that episode has become one of my most despised. Mabye I'm too picky heheh. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2003, 02:30:21 PM by DannyITR » Report to moderator Logged

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 02:38:14 PM » 

Quote from: DannyITR on February 25, 2003, 02:25:58 PM   

Some early episodes are soo bad. For example in the Neutral Zone, the guy wanders onto the bridge during the confrontation with the Romulans. Riker yells "get that man off the bridge" Security comes outa nowhere to remove him but the Romulans de-cloak and suddenly the security guards forget their job and guy is allowed to stay. If that was real life those security guards would have been fired in a second. Then Riker says he'd never thought he'd see a Romulan vessel this close. So the Federation have a signed treaty with the Romulans and a substantial border and Riker thinks he's never see a Romulan vessel. Not very strong writing in my opinion. It's flaws like these that ruin the early episodes. Actually, because of that one scene that episode has become one of my most despised. Mabye I'm too picky heheh.

Yeah I noticed that too with the idiot from the past on the bridge. But dispite that it is one of my favorite episodes from the first 2 seasons. One I forgot to mention is:

The Big Goodbye

None of the series really took off till season 3 anyway.

DannyITR

Ensign

Bring TNG back please!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 03:32:44 PM » 

I like all the 2 parters. Some of my least favourites were Shades of Grey (has the lowest rating of them all lol), Menage a Troi (actually anything with Loixana Troi drives me crazy) and Code of Honour. 

Vulcan One

Ensign

Jim, Climb the steps, of Mt. Selaya...

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 09:07:23 AM » 

Mine would have to be-

The Naked Now

Redempedion (Part 1&2)

I,Borg

Star Trek quote of the day:

(ST-TNG The Naked Now)Data quoting a limerick to Picard               

"There once was a young lady from Venus,

whose body was shaped like a ...."

"Capt. Picard to Security!" 

SuraksSoul

Ensign

I love Boardnation! no really i do!

« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2003, 11:24:55 AM » 

"The Big Goodbye" rocked! 

I really like "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "All Good Things." 

SuraksSoul

Ensign

I love Boardnation! no really i do!

« Reply #8 on: March 1, 2003, 11:30:12 AM » 

Hah.. yea especially season 1 had some comical errors to it.  Like the time when Riker and crew go the all women ruled planet and he goes to chamber of the leader.  They are having drinks and she starts to set hers down as the camera zooms...then all of a sudden this HAND comes up from the bottom of the screen and takes the glass away from her.  Also...sometimes you can see camera stands sitting in the turbolifts.  I liked season one and the errors just really make it more enjoyable for me.    Strange! 

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

« Reply #9 on: March 1, 2003, 02:56:31 PM » 

Quote from: SuraksSoul on March  1, 2003, 11:30:12 AM   

Hah.. yea especially season 1 had some comical errors to it.  Like the time when Riker and crew go the all women ruled planet and he goes to chamber of the leader.  They are having drinks and she starts to set hers down as the camera zooms...then all of a sudden this HAND comes up from the bottom of the screen and takes the glass away from her.  Also...sometimes you can see camera stands sitting in the turbolifts.  I liked season one and the errors just really make it more enjoyable for me.    Strange!

Yeah it showed their "Growing Pains" for sure. The first 2 seasons had it's moments but it wasn't till season 3 that it really took off. 

Celtic_Swimmer

Councelor

Ensign

Trek all the way!! *Baby-Riker*

« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2003, 11:40:36 AM » 

My favourite episodes are:

1.Second Chances

2.Thine own self

3.COnundrum

4.The Loss

5.The game

6.Man of the People

7.Starship Mine

8.Frame of Mind

9.Gambit 1&2

10.Elementary my Dear Data

11.Times Arrow 1&2

12.Imaginary Friend

13,PowerPlay

14.Disaster

15.Qpid

16.The Host

As u can Probably tell i am a Deanna Troi Fan

But i also LUV Data and Riker:D

I also Share everyones Veiws on the First Season.. if ANYONE is feeling down just bring them over to ur house and make them what the first or second season of star trek! Espically ones with Deanna and Will.. because i know that in Encounter at Farpoint when they first saw each other i was LAUGHING SO HARD *well it could have been her hair also* and the Naked Now.. when they were intoxicated.. that whole episode is a comical relief...

Wel thats my opinion anyway

-Laur 

*Fate Protects Fools, Little Children and Ships Named EnterPrise!!*

~Life Forms, U tiny little life forms, u presious little life forms, *tapping* where are U?!?! *do do do do do do do*~ Data

~*~*~A Swim a Day Keeps the Celulite Away;-)~*~*~ 

]

Spinner_Femme

Ensign

I love Boardnation!

« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2003, 11:56:40 AM » 

My favs would have to be all the ones where it focuses on Data/Lore/Dr Noonien Soong. It was Also really cool in ship in a bottle. I would hate to be in that position. I had a headache just from watching it! Lore is soooo cool. He has what Data lacks (But I still love Data anyways!) and besides. Evil is just live spelt backwards!

I really liked the last couple of lines in 'The Most Toys'

"...Now you are the collecter. It must bring you great pleasure."

"No sir! It does not! I am only an android."

Of course, I love all the ones with Q.

"Con permiso mon capitane. The hall is rented, the orchestra qued, now lets see if you can dance!"

If you ever watched Voyager, he was hilarious when he had a problem with Qjr.

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2003, 01:58:51 PM » 

Quote from: Celtic_Swimmer on March  2, 2003, 11:40:36 AM   

My favourite episodes are:

10.Elementary my Dear Data

If you like this episode then you MUST also like Ship in a bottle, right? That's almost like Part 2 of  Elementary my Dear Data. Both great episodes. 

trekbabe

Ensign

Hiya Pally!

« Reply #13 on: March 3, 2003, 02:22:39 PM » 

So many to choose from...........

1. The best of both world's

2. Times arrow

3. Yesterday's enterprise

4. Time squared

6. The inner light

Could go on and on................. 

See you out there!!

Alyson 

Alterego

« Reply #14 on: March 3, 2003, 02:36:02 PM » 

Exacatly trekbabe! it would be so much easier to list least favs! 

trekbabe

Ensign

Hiya Pally!

« Reply #15 on: March 3, 2003, 03:07:32 PM » 

Quote from: Alterego on March  3, 2003, 02:36:02 PM   

So true, but if you had to pick just one,could you? and if so which one???? 

See you out there!!

Alyson 

Alterego

« Reply #16 on: March 3, 2003, 03:49:48 PM » 

Ok, I'm pinned down!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<TIME'S ARROW!!!

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

« Reply #17 on: March 3, 2003, 11:19:13 PM » 

Quote from: trekbabe on March  3, 2003, 03:07:32 PM   

Quote from: Alterego on March  3, 2003, 02:36:02 PM   

So true, but if you had to pick just one,could you? and if so which one????

Hmmm... Just one Episode...

For TNG my one favorite.... I don't think I could pick just one. I will have to ponder this question more... lol 

trekbabe

Ensign

Hiya Pally!

« Reply #18 on: March 4, 2003, 07:22:06 AM » 

Quote from: Alterego on March  3, 2003, 03:49:48 PM   

Ok, I'm pinned down!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<TIME'S ARROW!!!

Good choice . That stands out as one o' the best. 

See you out there!!

Alyson 

Saavik

Ensign

Live long and prosper

« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2003, 03:01:03 PM » 

I like:

The Naked Now (Data drunk, I don't know why I always laugh at it )

Suddenly Human (made me cry )

The Offspring (compared to Suddenly Human, an ocean formed in the living room )

Any episode with Data as the focus is my favorite, Masks was keen, too.

I've seen worse 

The Best of Both Worlds I&II and All Good Things I&II and all the Q episodes are my favorites.

I have never been able to choose a favourite episode as there are so many incredible episodes. I think it would be easier to choose the worst since there would not be as many to choose from.

Some of my favourites: BOBW, Brothers, Chain of Command, Fistful of Datas, Data's Day, Gambit, Sarek, Inner Light and the list goes on and on.

OK, so just look at my name. . .and maybe you might think I'm biased. Any Data episodes are my favorites. . .Especially Brothers, Descent and The Offspring!

#1. Anything with Data

#2. Anything with Q

#3. Lots of other stuff

ARGH, never mind, I can't decide (I don't like Shades of Gray....and that's about it)

Data's Day. I loved the look on his face when he calls up the girl to dance with. I can't help but laugh out loud. In theory was good too.

This is my first post and I could think of nothing better to discuss than my favorite episodes.

I agree with all the people that mention how "less good" the first 2 seasons are... also I think it is obvious that most fans really enjoy the Q episodes. I mean you dont bring back a non-cast character every season or two if people dont enjoy him. Anyway, here are my favs and why... feel free to respond and agree or disagree.

1. Darmok

2. All Good Things

3. I, Borg

4. The Inner Light

5. The Best of Both Worlds

6. Data's Day

7. Measure of a Man

8. Sarek

9. Sins of the Father

10.Parallels

This is my first post and I could think of nothing better to discuss than my favorite episodes.

I agree with all the people that mention how "less good" the first 2 seasons are... also I think it is obvious that most fans really enjoy the Q episodes. I mean you dont bring back a non-cast character every season or two if people dont enjoy him. Anyway, here are my favs and why... feel free to respond and agree or disagree.

1. Darmok

2. All Good Things

3. I, Borg

4. The Inner Light

5. The Best of Both Worlds

6. Data's Day

7. Measure of a Man

8. Sarek

9. Sins of the Father

10.Parallels

Good choices, and welcome to the board!