Sign in to follow this  
Kyalia

Fanfiction

I've written a grand total of one TNG fanfic, and decided not to post it (had lots of issues-- *cough* Mary Sue). However, I have run across a few good ones on various places on the web-- anybody got suggestions for where I might find other good ones?

(obviously, I approve of writing it).

There's also fanfiction.net

Yes, FanFiction.Net is a great place to look for Star Trek and other fan fiction.

One of my favorite authors there is Tavia, and she writes a whole bunch of Star Trek stuff. It's really good. My favorite story of hers is Chicken Noodle Soup For the Trekkie Soul. It starts out as just reactions and then it grows to so much more. It is wonderfully written and thought out and hilarious. Her other stories are great, too. If you're looking for some good fan fiction, you should check out her writings.

It depends on the type of story written.. Most of what I have read is OK, some I really do not approve of....It all depends on the subject. Myself, I was writing one I still might but right now I am not sure when I'll get back to it...( :dude: I have been saying that for over 10 years now...)

I read an obsessive amount of fanfiction. The only Star Trek fanfiction I'm really intrested in is for Enterprise.

One of my favorite sites is the entst community. They have a very large library. Some if it is slash, however, so be careful if you're easily offended.

Also, Enterprising Endeavors and Captain Archer's fanfiction are good sites.

Some of my favorit authors are Lattelady, The Grrrrl (she's written some really hot Stargate stories as well), Xenutia and Space Cowboy.

Our very own Lessa Soong also has some Trek fiction posted at fanfiction.net if you want to check it out. She is an EXCELLENT writer!!!

I like a lot of the fanfic I've read.Not so much the 70's-era stuff,where fans,it seems,were obsessing over some sort of implied 'gay' relationship between Kirk and Spock.Generally,if a story is well-written,stays true to the spirit of the series it is based on(and true to characterization),then I'm all for it.Otherwise,I'd just as soon not read it.Has anyone here stumbled across the tons of extremely x-rated Trek fanfic on the net?Some of it is just plain gross.I occasionally write Trek stories for my own enjoyment,and for a few of my friends to read(who only enjoy my stories because some of the characters are based on myself and them! :spock: ).I wrote more in high school than I do now.I'd really like to get back into it,but have to make the time.Previously all of my stories(which focus on none of the series,but on a starship of my own creation and my own characters)were set in the TNG-era.I want to do some TOS stories set in the mid-23rd century,with maybe the Orions as the chief protagonists of the UFP.I've had a few rough storyline ideas.If I do write anything,and get up the nerve to face all of your criticism,then I'll put something on the web. :laugh:

I used to read a lot of fanfics (not anymore... we have limited hours in a day I'm affraid)...

And, I like mostly the one that focus on unawnsered question we see with the series. :-)

I like to get awnsers to my questions, even if it might not be the good one :-)

I have a few stories posted at ff.net, but no star trek ones posted yet. I'm working on combineing the star trek and star wars univerces. My name there is "The LOTR Trekkies" if anyone wants to check it out.

I don't read a lot of fan fiction but I think I'll check out that fan fiction site u mentioned. If you're looking for a funny spoof though, I wrote one. It's on my website www.geocities.com/superhappyjen. SHAMELESS PLUG! SHAMELESS PLUG!

XOXOXOXO

Jen :laugh:

I love fanfiction. I love to read it and write it. I haven't had the courage to post it on any sites. Maybe I will post one or two if I get up enough nerve to do so.

My favorite site is fanfiction.net. :bow:

I too love Fanfiction.net. but i have also found the archive has a lot that they don't and some that are older or of a NC-17 rating.

I have read a lot of fan fiction. i love most of it. some of it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth, like one that seemed to needlessly hurt Data, but most i really liked.

I have read some from TOS, (Spock and Chapel love stories) DS9 (Odo and Kira) and anything that focuses on Data in TNG. Can't help it i am a romance junkie. I love a good Trek love story, but don't like it elsewhere. :lol:

As Takara mentioned, i have some of my work on Fanfiction.net too. :hug: I got some help from three kind souls here to help me edit one of my works in progress ^_^ and have begun to load that one there too. Reading them is almost as fun as writing them! ^_^

i wonder how many writers we have here? ^_^

I know about Bev, Yilllara, Takara, bysty and myself....who else?

I wrote three TOS stories when I was 16 (or maybe it was 15?).All I remember was that when I let me buddies read them,they laughed and really critisized them,so I never tried writing Trek fanfic again.... :hug:

:lol:

i wonder how many writers we have here? :huh:

I am a writer of sorts. I haven't written any Trek fan fiction... or much fan fiction, for that matter. (I'm really not very good 0o) But I do like to write. That's one of the reasons I like to come here. I might not be a great writer, but it's still something I like to do... and combining it with Star Trek... well... who could ask for more?

i wonder how many writers we have here?   :wow:

I am a writer of sorts. I haven't written any Trek fan fiction... or much fan fiction, for that matter. (I'm really not very good 0o) But I do like to write. That's one of the reasons I like to come here. I might not be a great writer, but it's still something I like to do... and combining it with Star Trek... well... who could ask for more?

I write fan fiction, too. But so far I have only written two stories, both are not finished yet (takes a lot of time :o ). Both are TNG stories, one settled during the series, the other takes place before, during and after Nemesis (without changing the Nemesis happenings - was very hard to write :bow: ), the last one has 152 pages already and is growing and growing... when it will end - I do not know :)

I have always enjoyed writing. :P :dude:

And I love to read other fan fiction - but not if it is a P/C story... Those are not my faves :clap: :lol:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I read fanficiton also. I don't approve of all of the ST fanficiton I've seen but but a bit of them should be published. I've had writers block for years but I think imat have some new ideas soon. I'd never post one of my stories though.

I have written fan fiction for many,many years.And not only Star Trek,but various others as well (Godzilla,Highlander,Star Wars,stories based in the world of George Romero's "Living Dead" trilogy,etc).Writing has always been very theraputic for me.A great way to relieve stress.I have also had short stories published (nothing major).A few in my college's paper(long ago),others in local "bootleg" Trek 'zines,and at various internet sites...most of which,are,unfortunately no longer available.

I am currently working on 2 stories.One,based on Gamera (another of Japan's Kaiju "Giant Monsters"),and one based on Romero's Dead world.That last was intended to be a short story,with characters based on people I know personally,in my hometown(I plan on giving it to one of those friends as a birthday gift),but stories sometimes take on a life of their own.And this one has since grown to 300+ pages,and I do not feel I am even half finished with it.

I find I am always working on something.

Edited by Sirius