Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ducky01

Pleased to meet you!

Greetings, I am ducky (ducky01 username), pleased to meetcha! I've been a Trek fan in just about all its forms since the original series first aired. I've always found Roddenberry's vision of the future fascinating and hopeful, and also have a fondness for the gadgets and the technology behind them. I've attended several conventions over the years, starting in 1979 with a Cleveland convention that featured George Takei and James Doohan (RIP) as guests. I'm fairly rabid about my Trek trivia, which can be quite annoying to non-Trek persons in my life, LOL. I'm sure many of you can relate to this.

I am currently disabled and unemployed, so I hava a fair amount of spare time on my hands. My latest endeavor in Star Trek fandom has been a campaign to promote an actor by the name of Angus Macfedyen for the role of Scotty in the new flick. Of course, that's my personal opinion, but myself and a gang of Angus fans are on a letter writing campaign with J.J. Abrams to express our desire to see Angus in the role. I'm not here to spam, just letting you know. If you do want to ask about Angus and our campaign, you're welcome to ask me off board, as I don't want to annoy anyone here.

I should warn you, I have an odd sense of humor from time to time, and occasionally like to play devil's advocate in discussions. I also enjoy analyzing characters and their motivations. I am happy to be here, and look forward to cruising around the topics and posting with everyone.

Sincerely,

ducky

Welcome Ducky. I look forward to reading your posts. We also have a weekly chat every Saturday at 6:00 pm est in case you're interested. :biggrin:

Welcome aboard, ducky01. You'll find that we discuss just about everything imaginable here on this board. I look forward to reading your contributions.

Welcome aboard, Ducky! Looking forward to reading your posts. It's always nice to have another fan "from the beginning" join the fun here! :dude: :biggrin:

Welcome Ducky. I look forward to reading your posts. We also have a weekly chat every Saturday at 6:00 pm est in case you're interested. :biggrin:

I managed to miss the one Saturday (was out in the evening), but I'm sure I will have a chance to pop in to some of them eventually! Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks, everybody, for all the warm greetings and welcomes! I'm looking forward to checking out all the topics and doing some posting. It may take me a bit to catch up, as I'm only on dialup (stone age speed, LOL). In my dreams, my computer hits warp speeds and beyond, but in RL, not so much!

ducky